G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 4 Non Members

An Ascot preview for 14/3/20

West Australian Racing
First time contributing but thought I had a bit to offer so here’s my hat in the ring

R1- Dom to shoot stands out as the obvious horse to beat after an encouraging start to his career, but the price is short enough for a get back 2yo. Thinking sunny belle could run a race at the price. First run behind dom to shoot was handy and picks up 2kg on that galloper and the Monday trial was very soft. Wide gate doesn’t do any favours but looks a lovely place chance.

R2- Cases could be made for every runner in a very open race. Finished up siding with scoreline who has been low flying of late for Kristy Bennett. 52.5kg is a big positive for him as he isn’t overly big but makes his own luck out in front and should be there abouts.

R3- Another very open race but quite keen on little fish. Ultra consistent and won first up no trial last campaign ducking back to the fence on a day where it was poison. Anticipating a fast run race with mervyn engaged which should suit and the Peter Fernie stable is white hot at the moment.

R4- While it is arguably her toughest assignment to date, Sherpa lass should prove very hard to hold out. Have a lot of time for this mare and all things being equal looks set remain undefeated. If you’re not a fan of the price however, ebony’s way looks some value after two promising runs last campaign and the trial without the shades was good enough.

R5- Best Bet: Really liked dark choices trial but the first up trip was unsuitable for her. Second up, out to the mile trip and dropping in class dark choice looks very hard to beat from a gate where she may be able to sit a touch closer.

R6- The small class drop for Sophie’s song looks a good move to help her win again. Was very good to line two weeks ago behind yeah dardy and if she puts in another run like that should be able to beat this field.

R7- Talladega has been improving with every run and don’t see why he can’t win again. Thrown somewhat in the deep end here, but he should lead or box seat from barrier one where he’ll be a few lengths ahead of the favourite. From there he’s hard to beat.

R8- Lonsdale lady blew them to pieces last start. Despite coming back to them late in the 1000 guineas, this filly looks like she will appreciate the trip more than others in the market. Makes her own luck in front and looks awfully hard to beat here.

R9- If they’re running on by the end of day, On the turps looks a nice enough chance at the price. Been very hit and miss over the journey but the first up run was good attacking the line late. The extra hundred metres will be a big help and he should be there abouts in the finish.
+1 -1

detonator, psycho, SLIPPERGOLDEN, jum likes this post.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    good preview, train...keep 'em coming. hope u have some luck with your debut summation... L-)
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Well done Train keep them coming. Your terminology suggests you may have been around the traps for a while
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Not talking through my kick as I was on but it was like that race was put on for Media Baron.
  • pikerpiker    404 posts
    He came from a long long way back Rodent; heart in mouth stuff!
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    dunno what you are talking about...it came, as usual, from last... :-??

hash likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    to me it looked as if it was set up for Grey Enigma and the support was there $11 into $5 late, 
    it had the drop on them behind that leading bunch who couldn't make up there mind in the early parts 
  • TrainTrain    186 posts
    Not a flattering start to my tipping career. I’ll have to study a bit harder next time
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Least ya had a crack

thefalcon, razor, jum, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Anyone taking the time to prepare an informative preview is appreciated.

spinking, jum, Thunderstruck likes this post.