In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

AFL 2020

Sport

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Tell you what boys !!!
    Jeremy McGovern has finally got an AFL body.
    He looks trim and slim and ready for a spectacular 2020 season.

Apparently the Corona virus will potentially affect crowd numbers.
    Fremantle Dockers are ahead of the curve. They had their own version the last few years.
    It was called “Ross the Boss” or commonly known as RTB.
    =))
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Detonator a past master at laughing at his own puerile jokes.

detonator likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Ive given that Rubbish AFL game away 

And one thing i wont miss -  is when a player has shocking disgraceful behaviour off the ground - some of them pull out the Mental Card  health to dodge the correct punishment they should get 

You contrast that to the golf - the USPGA and European Tours - you have shocking behaviour - you get punished accordingly - ie worldwide ban of 6mths 12mths 18mths or 2 years - there has been 2 high profile cases - and the players in question didnt pull out the mental card -  and the Tour commissioners didnt come out ( like Gilligan does )- oh  this players physical and mental health is Number 1 . No they say - you behaved shockingly - and you are responsible for your behaviour - and a penalty is handed out accordingly

So happy ive given that shiit AFL game away - with feted AFL players - where there is no sense of reality no matter what they do

RIO, SKIDS likes this post.

Scratch matches count for zero but at least the Dockers fought back after being on the canvas.

Eagles midfield running at about 50%.

Griffen Logue was impressive and could be ready to take the next step.

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Logue was pretty special in his body work and positioning.

However the Weagles midfield was poor by hand and foot. I think they forgot they had to work hard to be as good as the media has told them they are. I'd hope the coaching staff ram home a few home truths over the next 2 weeks

Manchild, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    edited March 2020
    Coronavirus fears hit AFL with Fremantle Dockers player reportedly tested.

The fear around coronavirus for Australian athletes is set to rise after reports emerged on Monday night that a Fremantle Dockers player was sent for coronavirus tests.

The Age broke the news, reporting that “sources confirmed” the Dockers player had been in recent contact with someone from China.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/coronavirus-fears-hit-afl-with-fremantle-dockers-player-reportedly-tested/news-story/8c6c2fb84cce94bebf5083c87f13f15d

Titus Oreilly said it is highly unlikely as the Dockers are never first in anything.

Manchild, RIO likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Pinger calves has gone again unfortunately. Melbournes punt didn’t pay off... not even close

Manchild likes this post.

spinking dislikes this post.

• rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    edited March 2020
    NEWS ALERT!
    17 AFL clubs are **** off as they say it is unfair that they will play with no supporters in their stadium because of the virus!
    Dockers came out with a statement shortly afterwards saying....Great news announced by the AFL as we are all now on a level playing field and our member says he will be ok over this crisis!

RIO, oldhendo, detonator, therealkramer likes this post.

Will games between the Suns, Carlton and Fremantle be allowed to proceed. Hardly constitutes a mass gathering. Roos could also enter the equation Rooboy.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Will games between the Suns, Carlton and Fremantle be allowed to proceed. Hardly constitutes a mass gathering. Roos could also enter the equation Rooboy.

Get your facts straight Chariots.

There are 10 teams below Carlton on the membership list.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Not talking about members, but people who go to the game. The Dorkers have over 50, 000 members, but not many of them go to the games
    Exactly Rio membership doesn't mean bums on seats if your team is playing badly.

Jum,  Carlton had their saviour in the medias lovechild Brendon Bolton but that turned sour.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    The AFL Season looks sunk to me - will have to be suspended

The US golf - the big Players Championship - often referred to as the 5th Major - they played the 1st round Thursday night our time - the Tour commisioner said they will play the final 3 rounds with no spectators and do that for the next 3 tournaments 

Now theve came out tonight and changed that - cancelled/called off the players championship - and theirs no golf tournaments in the USA for the next 4 weeks 
    Saw Sonny Walters on the news tonight talking about how the environment down at Cockburn is lighthearted and full of fun. Boys enjoying themselves etc etc.
    What’s changed from the last few years??? 
    =))

RIO likes this post.

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Deto, my young protagonist you have been very quiet of late. I hope you have registered with the PTT footy tipping competition on ESPN, your superior knowledge would be of enormous value to we others.

RIO likes this post.

Just registered Oldhendo. 
    Always look forward to taking out you VFL tragic’s. 
    =))
    Just to show I am a very fair man I am disclosing a couple of my first round tips. 
    West Coast Eagles and Western Bulldogs. GET ON !!!

RIO likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    679 posts
    I don't think you will get to tip. Could be posponed.
    Think you are on the money Manchild.

RIO likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I keep seeing the ads about the footy starting

Absolutely delusional
    edited March 2020
    NO CHANCE they'll play footy this week... or probably for the year. 

I note the dockers are still delusional aswell. Where is Gil? He's still hanging on to the dream.

STAY AWAY PLEASE PARTNERS

The Dockers have asked partners of players who cannot work from home to seclude themselves if possible.

"My partner, her company has told everyone to work from home anyway so it worked out well," Fremantle forward Rory Lobb told Perth radio station Mix 94.5. 

"The girlfriends that didn't live with their partners, because they have jobs where they're out and around other people, they can't control it as much.

"I'm sure it depends on the relationships on whether they can have them stay."
  • bigorangecatbigorangecat    66 posts
    :-O

Footy starts tomorrow night. 
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    :))
    edited March 2020

Think you missed putting the “and finishes” in between starts tomorrow. B-)
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    detonator said:

Think you missed putting the “and finishes” in between starts tomorrow. B-)
    Are the AFL & NRL gonna fight over quarantine compounds like it's toilet paper? Round 2 of the NRL starts tonight but going forward, someone-a player, a trainer, suppport staff is going to get infected and then it's over.

TheDiva likes this post.

I don't see the problem with them playing while they don't? Soon enough it will probably get suspended, for now they ALL want to play!
    Anyway I liked this statement recently from Mclachlan(overtly panicked folks may not)..to me it covers all aspects of living with the virus threat not just football codes etc.

"All parts of society need to keep moving forward and we simply cannot stand still"

Sing along now(just don't hold hands and stay 1.5m apart)..We shall overcome :D

oldhendo likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    How "Richmondy" is this whole thing ?
    Finally we're the dominant team in the league, and this is going to rob us of a(nother) Premiership ! :(
    The worst conspiracy ever created @ Tivers!

RIO likes this post.

Thunderstruck... its the opposite to what the government in Australia is telling us... no contact, social distancing.  Gil is simply wrong... we need to stand still (for a bit) until we get through the dangerous time. The AFL is an ASS!

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I'm in a high risk group and i didn't realise how high until i went to the docs today and found out the new way to visit the doc!!!! A story for another time.

So i've been told that this net week will see a steady increase in infections, but the 3 weeks after that they are expecting an explosion similar to the steep increase that Italy has had. The only way to slow it down, is to ensure no contact with people...An the AFL are doing the exact opposite!!?!?!?! They are putting people at risk in order to make a dollar.....Don't understand how its allowed to happen.

And i support the idea of them playing as it is a big national comp that brings a lot of people enjoyment..BUTTTT Why take the risk.

oldhendo likes this post.