Race 7- Kingslayer
Race 8- Mr Sundon
Race 9- Run For Mercy
Race 10- Copy n Pace
Race 11- Lavra Joe

Comments

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited March 2020
    Ah ...VK ......with your appearance everything seems normal for a friday    :)>-

JayJay, VillageKid, cisco, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    This is depressing, where's the rest?
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts
    American Brave reminiscent of Toretto in the 2015 Pacing Cup. embarrassing

VillageKid, Glen likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    1st Friday night back for Junior, wouldn't be hard to work out what the intention was there.

VillageKid likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    A night of tactical drives.
    There are other descriptions that could be used

VillageKid, Glen likes this post.

Great to watch a race where both horses given every chance and the best horse won.

VillageKid, curmudgeon likes this post.

• OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    Two shorties and a second fave down for Ryan....natural order has been restored
    Oh those poor unsuspecting punters....
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Superb win by Shockwave.

curmudgeon, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Aiden De Campo has really come of age as a driver.Driving a very good horse in Shockwave to his strengths and Ryan Bell deserves praise for his management of the horse from his 2 y/o days onward. If Aiden can disengage himself from the pack to and fro ala the AC Lewis method then he has a long and prosperous career ahead of him.

Offthebit, squid69 likes this post.

• GlenGlen    38 posts

Great to watch a race where both horses given every chance and the best horse won.

Chariots that is a disgraceful comment by you and an absolutely terrible look on a industry that is struggling, he should be barred for 6 months starting from when we start up after this terrible time

• PackedMetalPandaPackedMetalPanda    166 posts
    I think you’ll find he was talking about the battle between Shockwave and Galactic Star, Glen.

• GlenGlen    38 posts

I think you’ll find he was talking about the battle between Shockwave and Galactic Star, Glen.sorry Chariots my fault and thanks to Panda for putting me on the right track, I’m to busy on concentrating on the terrible look on racing in race 3, no punting from me just a disgraceful drive from a top reinsman that looked to have nothing to lose and has just got back from same offence. Going on Twitter I’m not alone

• ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    Glen said:

Chariots that is a disgraceful comment by you and an absolutely terrible look on a industry that is struggling, he should be barred for 6 months starting from when we start up after this terrible time

If that’s the case both drivers should get 6 months
    It does take 2 to tango, they both allowed the quick early sectionals to happen essentially giving their charges virtually zero chance

I think you’ll find he was talking about the battle between Shockwave and Galactic Star, Glen.

Thank you for setting Glen straight Panda.
    edited March 2020

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    For whatever reason race 3. tabtouch figures show it was a dump. 26k. in win pool. more then the 24.5k freo cup. and second to pacing cup of 34.5k. from jan.1. this year------ with tab's closed. 
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    "Market Movers" on the TAB for race 3 are really interesting, seem to be not right??? Really strange numbers.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    edited March 2020
    Correct Jay Jay --- without 100% knowledge between the 5min.- 2min mark prior to start time it seems about 10k was dumped on the bird dance, the market has correct it self to a degree,with 2mins to start time. with huge fluc's on other runners. with punters noticing overs, if there hasn't been a glitch in the system. The night figures tell a story with the next biggest win pool being 11.6k, on race 1.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    I dont follow WA Harness form - like last night i was betting at Elwick/Hobart and Albion Park  Harness 

I mean from a betting aspect there is no value whatsoever in WA Trotting - i mean there isnt even crumbs of crumbs of crumbs - even the Rats and the Mice have gone  to welfare over here - they are queuing up at Centrelink as well 

However i have just watched a replay of the much discussed race 3 at GP last night - and bear in  mind when Jnr copped the 3 weeks previously - i was  highly critical of his drive

However after watching the vision of that race - and looking up that horses form card - i have got no problem with his drive last night at all - and what did the WA premier - call the WA public for panic buying - jerks and drongos - that is an apt description for anyone crritical of Jnrs drive last night

You break that race down last night - the 1st 300metres - he from a wide gate - came out with a bit of momentum ( not overtop at all ) - i actually commend him for that - how many GP races from say 4-9 they just grab hold at the start - its as boring as bat shiit - thats why id dont watch it anymore

Now in the home straight the 1st time - Jnr has balanced his horse - and around the start of the birdcage spectator spot - Jnr has gone for the lead - there is no resistance from Ryan Warwick at all - he didnt boot up at all - if he had  of - totally different scenario - but he didnt 

Now here is the clincher - you look up Jnrs horses form card - go back 3 starts Dec 6 - he drove it exactly the same way as last night - and importantly  it went the same mile rate as last nights winner 1.55.4 - and 2 starts prior to that win it went 1.55 again leading all the way and careering in

Last night it got  beaten 120 metres - there has to be something wrong with the horse

There is an adjourned inquiry - re his drive - he wont be suspended and he shouldnt be suspended 

Cant_Refuse dislikes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    If someone told me Shockwave was going to become the horse he is this time12 months ago I would have just turned and walked away. Looks a deadset star

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    One thing from last might races, with TAB agencies closed and nobody allowed on course you would think ever bet last night is traceable. Be very little cash betting you would think.

I did notice race 3 had $26.2k in the win pool.

Next best was race 1 with $11.6 in the win pool.

2.5 times greater, that seems strange.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

If someone told me Shockwave was going to become the horse he is this time12 months ago I would have just turned and walked away. Looks a deadset star

He always had ability Gil but this time in as a 4yo he has gone on to another level or 3.
    He has added even more versatility to his bow now as well with last nights win sitting in the breeze and outstaying Galactic Star who is no mug that is for sure. 
    Full credit to his trainer Ryan Bell.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

A bouquet for Brad Stampalia. He has Harley Zest flying and is one of those drivers who is at home out on the track despite not doing a lot of driving nowadays. Talking through my kick a little...although I only had a small interest on him at $26 fixed rather than the $39 tote he was always in a striking position and his horse ran through the line well. He obviously is improving his racecraft Harley ...it was a very good performance to win the week before....if you had a good look at that win any price above $5 was overs friday night.
    Keep it up Bradley.....a decent one for the battlers

Gilgamesh, VillageKid, Cant_Refuse likes this post.