G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 21 Non Members

28/3- Narrogin Cup & WA Country Derby @ Bunbury

Harness & Greyhounds
A couple of great races on tonight at Bunbury with the Narrogin Cup & WA Country Derby being run.

R1- Our Bells And Whistles
R2- Heza Head Honcho
R3- Typhoon Banner
R4- Patronus Star
R5- The Freelancer
R6- Vampiro
R7- All The Bells
R8- Miss Starfire
R9- The Buckeye Bullet
R10- Always An Angel

Comments

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    Race 2 at Bunbury - didnt have a bet - but nothing much has changed - 1st 4 on the pegs 1 2 3 4 
  • OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    The master v the muppet
    Another major race goes to the master
    Again natural order has been restored
    Hopefully one day punters will realise taking $1.30 with the muppet on board is suicide
    That was good and interesting  information prior to the Narrogin Cup - all the different country cup winners and placegetters

Good info Panda

VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,273 posts
    Im Full Of Excuses adds another Country Cup to his mantelpiece with his Narrogin Cup (@Bunbury) win tonight  in just getting over Vampiro with the ever consistent Im Soxy filling the 3rd money.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited March 2020
    I know he drew 1 ....but great nuanced drive by Shane Butterworth to annexe 4th place on Busso regular Captain Proud against the class of horse he met tonight.

VillageKid, squid69 likes this post.

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts
    edited March 2020
    Talking about muppets.. haven’t seen Mr Luke Edwards out driving there for a while? Anyone know what’s happened to him?
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    If we are going to pot drivers,when you post your cook can you also add how many winners you have driven just so we know who has an idea of how tough it is out there.

Chris, JayJay, Toepuntit, cisco, VillageKid likes this post.

If we are going to pot drivers,when you post your cook can you also add how many winners you have driven just so we know who has an idea of how tough it is out there.

More odds on faves beaten than any other driver in Australia
    Anyway that's me done
    This lockdown is making us crazy
  • Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts

Can The Spiderman put a lethal bite on this next field at an attractive e/w price

Only trouble is - Bond rarely buys 2nd raters - lets keep our fingers crossed 
    Horse in the stand,possibly jackygee had the pin cord or plugs cord trailing out the back of the sulky at the bell very dangerous and lucky the horse behind didn’t get tangled.

VillageKid, Betonme likes this post.

• ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    Offthebit said:

The master v the muppet
    Another major race goes to the master
    Again natural order has been restored
    Hopefully one day punters will realise taking $1.30 with the muppet on board is suicide

Not entirely sure he’d care what you think of his driving ability, still gets the pick of the best the state has to offer

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Love it that everytime the bucket of custard gets poured over Curly, it's an autocue to for him to be an almost certainty to drive the next couple of winners. Works everytime, great punting strategy.

Toepuntit, VillageKid, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

The only problem i had with Curly last night is when Patronus Star hit the mobile arm at the start - i was hoping it would break gait - because i was on the on the 3rd horse e/w - and a shout out to Chris Voak in that race - one of the best losng drives ever - gate 7 from the mile start - in behind the leader - fantastic stuff - and it only lost because they went 1.53

As allways - my applause and criticism is fair and based on logic - not hatred or conversely because i like someone and thus he or she is beyond criticism in my posts 

I defended Warwick ( when 90% of this board jumped in and rubbished him) i think it was the inter dom final - where Todd McCarthy was actually at fault and actually got suspended - for checking and breaking Warwicks drive

The only frustrating thing i find about Ryan - like last night he the mobile arm - ok the horses aernt machines -  but he seems to make contact to other horses - or carts or wheels - which other top drivers dont seem to do
    I see young Curly has just stumbled across another couple of winners today, including an $11 buck job in race 3. Given time, he might turn out okay.
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    JayJay said:

I see young Curly has just stumbled across another couple of winners today, including an $11 buck job in race 3. Given time, he might turn out okay.

And alas someone is very very quite.
    I feel for the guy who only thing they live for is to pot a person.  Must get excited every night when he sits in his mums basement waiting for someone to make a blue then gets hit todger out and starts to type with excitement, no doubt with his dad watching.  If only they could put that much time and effort into doing something good with their lives instead of spewing hatred at people because they are jealous that they have achieved nothing with their lives. 

Be Safe 

Chariotsonfire likes this post.

potting jockeys and drivers has been going on since the first ever race meeting

JayJay said:

And alas someone is very very quite.
    I feel for the guy who only thing they live for is to pot a person.  Must get excited every night when he sits in his mums basement waiting for someone to make a blue then gets hit todger out and starts to type with excitement, no doubt with his dad watching.  If only they could put that much time and effort into doing something good with their lives instead of spewing hatred at people because they are jealous that they have achieved nothing with their lives. 

Be Safe 
    "spewing hatred" is a touch over the top my friend
    offthebit absolutely it has,but back then you had to say it to there face.
    Witnessed close up a "to their face" moment in the Birdcage at GP many moons ago.....loud punter giving a foul mouthed verbal to a prominent driver about his drive, honesty and parentage. Driver alighted from the cart, deftly handed the reins to a tall wide eyed stable hand, lent over the fence, delivered a very hard short left to the snout of the source of the abuse, calmly relieved the still wide eyed stable hand of the reins and took the horse  back to its stall. All happened in about 12 seconds....rapid fire summary justice.

Ivorytrunkey86, JimmyPop likes this post.

Seeing it was many moons ago - tell us who it was 

I think Geoff Webster when in SA - after one of his drives - got in altercation with a Punter at Kapunda one night 
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Kill Poulsen---heard that one yelled out for Phil Coulson. he use to get under the punters skin.and they reckon he could slap a bit. think snr, copped one on the beak.for being cheeky.

On the money STG, horse was Extra Sly, owned by Alf Charleson but not with Tony Sangalli at the time, resided near Herdsmans Lake.....so thinking about 1978 or thereabouts.

JimmyPop, VillageKid likes this post.

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Didn’t Phil Coulson have more than a bit of boxing ability from his younger days? I’m sure I have read that somewhere before..

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    edited March 2020
    State Schoolboy footballer and perhaps Golden Gloves? 

JayJay, JimmyPop, VillageKid likes this post.

Yes, Junior Golden Gloves Champion,1947 as I recall, coached by the "whistleblower" Ben Jefferyes when he was at Perth Boys. Ben had been the middleweight champion of the forces during WW II and runner up in the Australian Welterweight Title. After the war, in which he was a behind the lines Navy Commando, he was teaching and coaching at Perth Boys. He had a great influence on Phil, and they became life long friends, thick as thieves as the saying goes. Ben worked at the Herdsman Parade stables for many years, himself a master horseman. Phil was the major speaker at Ben's 80th birthday held in Pemberton and approached the dais blowing an umpires whistle very loudly....We all thought old Ben would expire with laughter there and then. Others not in the know looked on bemused. Ben could also silence hecklers at the local footy and did so whenever anyone got out of hand....same methodology ....short and sharp. I could write a long book about their antics .....so yes,sorry, long winded answer, P.C.Coulson could definitely handle himself if called upon.

JimmyPop, VillageKid, squid69 likes this post.