G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 12 Non Members

Ascot 9/5/2020.

West Australian Racing
Where is Train's preview....

I backed one early yesterday at odds(hoping the track stays in the soft range)Rock'N'Ruler... opened 21 into 9s now..is a step up in grade but not massive he can run a big race Bra Parnham on so loses nothing in pilot skill.If there is plenty of speed in this race Firemaker can figure late as well..soft conditions again suit it too.

Brett Pope is on a winning run at the moment striking at better than twice his average I counted 9 winners from his last 42 at over 20%..he has 4 decent chances tomorrow Pikey rides 2, Hope You Can Dance R1 and Fire Sale R5 unsurprisingly their both favourite and ithink their both a risk.
Captain Kink in R3 has Pateman on which is a good move and I think he will give them some hurry up and Divine Shadow in the lucky last for Noske is nice ew odds i see no reason why he cant win again.Ponty is back on Watch Me Ney Ney in the same race and at good odds is worth a spec.

Comments

• TrainTrain    186 posts
    Little late on tomorrow’s program but as they say. Better late than never.

R1- BILLY JACK does a lot wrong but looks to have ability. Placed twice in two career starts and gets a chance to break through in town. Drawn to do very little work and like the engagement of Whiting.

R2- CHARLETON EDDIE is short but definitely deserves to be. Winner at three of four and will look to extend that record in field littered with debutants. Should kick through to lead and while 60.5 is something of a leveller probably isn’t enough.

R3- Best Bet: RESORTMAN has been trialling the house down at Bunbury in recent weeks. Hasn’t been extended in either but proved he had a motor on debut when letting down to win soft from the back of the field. Has the tactical speed to sit leaders back and will just need a run to come his way.

R4- TYCOON LEGEND doesn’t win out of turn but gets his chance to break through on the backup. Has been consistently running good races outside of his class but finds a much more suitable race with enough speed to bring him right into it. Will be finishing it off hard.

R5- FIRESALE put on a one act affair last start. The entire Pope team have been going gangbusters since getting over a stable virus. Has been improving with every run and only needs to repeat last start to go very close. Few better than Pike who should be able navigate the sticky draw.

R6- MEGAZONE looks very well placed third up at the mile. Put in two good runs when deep throughout and with a bit more luck in running can improve a few positions. Not sure Kennedy will be riding after missing rides at Albany Friday but sure the replacement will be well briefed.

R7- BLACK DUCATI looks capable of causing a minor upset here. Was a good first up win running solid time and with natural improvement should be able to handle a minor class rise. Should fire across to find the breeze and goes close.

R8- UTGARD LOKI was good in the Diggers cup. That race should hold up as the best form race for this and will only need to run a strong 2100 through the wet to play a part. Expecting that to eventuate as he should get a nice run with cover throughout.

R9- Absolute raffle the last and with little confidence siding with DIVINE SHADOW. Went back to the midweeks to get the kill last start and did it with a little up his sleeve. Barrier one is a huge advantage at the 1800 and can find a spot wherever he’s comfortable. Will need some luck on straightening but backing Noske to find it.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,229 posts
    Ney Ney in the last
  • RodentRodent    7,036 posts
    What a stitch up there. Chloe attacks the fave all the way and folds up to run last.....job done.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Anyone on that winner in the first owes Chloe a drink

200/1 pop takes on the leader applies a bit of pressure and it becomes undone only for the second fav with the drop on them to cruise to victory

Poor form
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    edited May 2020
    Shall we let Will sit there on the fav unpressured? It’s called racing, Pikey could have let her slide and take a sit
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,687 posts
    I laid the fav..wonder if she would let me buy her one >:)
  • psychopsycho    654 posts
    How many horses are getting pulled out the barrier the last couple of weeks ?

JimmyPop likes this post.

Wish Billy had of hung on for 3rd there!..Few punters liked Resortman I note hey Swoop :D
    Megazone was megaaverage...

Shall we let Will sit there on the fav unpressured? It’s called racing, Pikey could have let her slide and take a sit

If a horse is in a race to apply pressure to another runner and not try win or run to the best of its ability then it doesn’t belong in the field I’m sorry

Look at the difference in race 5, sir snugalot leads and another 100/1 pop in Realise Potential sits off of it in the run outside the leader giving the horse half a chance of an unpressured run not going head to head pestering the leader like the horse in the first
    Gem of a ride there by Lucy on UL rated it a treat up front and not once did she awing her heels back and forth... Maybe she’s been speaking to Josh Kennedy and worked on a new technique as he did when he got rid of the twinkle toes run up =D>
    edited May 2020
    Good win Utgard Loki and a good ride in front no heeling today :D ..does make one wonder what happens if the Blitz was in the race though..
  • bradybrady    1,453 posts
    Get out Stakes
    Bombardment looks like value

Got Nutted by Mcnaught ffs...far queue!

Ney Ney it's time for the sin bin..it had a chance til Chris tipped it.. :))
    brady said:

Get out Stakes
    Bombardment looks like value

Big run I gave it none..but do recall Parnham saying it had improved lengths(to be fair is just been an average neddy it's last 2 vastly better)
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,675 posts
    Kyra Yuill has been riding well for months, got me beat why she doesn't get more opportunities in town.

squid69 likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,245 posts
    How strong Jade in the last. She carried that thing across the line
    No one is stronger than Noske in a tight finish like that
    I think the soft run, track bias and 4kg pull in the weights was the difference 
    it was only yesterday at Albany TS was saying how bad she was going lol 

Winsumlosesum likes this post.

edited May 2020
    hash said:

No one is stronger than Noske in a tight finish like that

I think the soft run, track bias and 4kg pull in the weights was the difference 
    it was only yesterday at Albany TS was saying how bad she was going lol 

Firstly I agreed with someone else...and secondly today's fluke was just her 4th win in about her last 80+ rides so it's actually a fact she isn't on song. 

And it was 5.5kgs by the way :)>-

Manchild likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,745 posts
    Been tad unlucky the Caseyies and W.Dally two weeks running 2 favourites scratched at the gates