G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 26 Non Members

Comments

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Some pretty damning statements made by people hiding behind pseudonyms on here as usual. I suggested the Apprentice made a gross error in judgement and suggested he like a lot of other Apprentice's have no place riding at major meetings. In fact if a Trainer believes that they must use an Apprentice to claim weight, then I firmly believe they have the horse entered in the wrong event.

But you guys went further, much further. You say that there is a conspiracy to defraud by giving horses a run with no intent on contesting a finish. That's a damning statement about the Trainer. That sort of accusation needs some basis in fact.  How in the hell could anyone trust this product with the thought process in place?

You can't throw the kid under the bus by the way. Any trades person completing a job doesn't get the right to blame deficiencies on the Apprentices that he employs. I don't hold the Plumber's Apprentice responsible for a poor job, it's the boss who carries the can. Apprentice Jockeys should have a disclaimer, not a weight allowance. For that reason I believe that they need to be in lower grades of Racing learning, racing in Saturday company is too expensive for everyone involved to allow incompetence and then think it is somehow offset by a weight allowance.
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Damien you are not calling a meeting where the best race on the program is a 78 +. A major meeting surely
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    spinking said:

Which one seems worse Vega one or Pushin shapes just asking?

Unfortunately the Pushin Shapes one i believe, clearly
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    What a insult to some really good young hard working
    Apprentices Damien ??
    Have  no place at riding on a Saturday OMG !

• VicbitterVicbitter    30 posts
    Think britbrat is the one that talks a bit of crap-very degrading comments about the horse(detonator makes some good points) looks like it’s got weight probs - can’t just make random statements about a horse running around with joint issues- think Chris graham can ride and has ridden some excellent races for peters over summer carnival
  • YilgarnaYilgarna    32 posts
    DamienWyer said
    Some pretty damning statements made by people hiding behind pseudonyms on here as usual. I suggested the Apprentice made a gross error in judgement and suggested he like a lot of other Apprentice's have no place riding at major meetings. In fact if a Trainer believes that they must use an Apprentice to claim weight, then I firmly believe they have the horse entered in the wrong event.

If you choose to use your name on this forum rather than a pseudonym, that's up to you. 

Also, if you want to make point about damning statements, have a look a your previous post about the stewards:

Racing Stewards in WA do not have a solid track record in catching these events. Reading the after meeting reports it would appear they all must have dinner dates as they mention nothing and disappear faster than last week's pay. Without this level of public scrutiny, I doubt they would have even gone down this rabbit hole. That kid over in Queensland getting time simply shone a light on the inexcusable and this incident has simply been a victim of heightened awareness of everyone watching from the cheap seats.

You are kidding, aren't you?  The only threat to our racing integrity is unfounded, flippant and  demeaning statements like this about the stewards. 

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    At the end of the day, the stewards will make a decision as to what transpired. Had a quick skim through the rules to clarify something in my mind about responsibilities 

Trainers
    AR 105 Matters that may affect the running of a horse in a race
     (1) The trainer of a horse, or any person that is in control of a horse, that is nominated
    for a race must: 
    (a) ensure that the horse is fit and properly conditioned to race; 

Jockeys
    AR 129 Running and handling 
    (1) Every rider must ride his or her horse on its merits. 
    (2) A rider must take all reasonable and permissible measures throughout the race to
    ensure that the rider’s horse is given full opportunity to win or to obtain the best
    possible place in the field. 
    (3) Except where the safety of any horse or rider in a race requires otherwise, every horse
    must be ridden in such a manner to benefit only its own best interests and not to the
    advantage of any other horse or rider.

The trainer obviously has to comply with many more things such as treatments etc but once the horse jumps, it is seems on most occasions, the responsibility lies with the jockey. There have been situations when the stewards have directed trainers not to start horses in the city etc due to their ability to race in said classes.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    While it looks very bad, there seems to be a valid explanation, which is good. I can't envisage in my wildest dreams the trainers have plotted something here and anyone who knows them would feel the same.

https://www.racing.com/news/2020-05-11/news-saddle-shifting-to-be-apprentices-defense
  • GrayGray    4,090 posts
    They should have looked at Volkswagon Franks run prior to winning run. Just sayin!!
  • JockeysroomJockeysroom    32 posts
    1.If the saddle slipping was reported straight away, why would the horse be subject to a vet examination straight after the race

2. Why was the horse subject to a vet examination, he got beaten 3 lengths with the fastest sectional of the race

Uttsy likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited May 2020

1.If the saddle slipping was reported straight away, why would the horse be subject to a vet examination straight after the race

2. Why was the horse subject to a vet examination, he got beaten 3 lengths with the fastest sectional of the race

Two very good points you make there
    Either thats got to be a joke or the Stewards are a joke for not reporting that in their stewards report
  • UttsyUttsy    129 posts
    Just seems to create more questions than give any actual answers.
    How come the saddle slipping didn’t make the stewards report?
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts

Haha. "Jockeysroom". Classic name. Love it. =))
    If that is the case - stewards need to take a rap  as would have stopped most comments in their tracks.

If he never felt safe on the horse  from the get go, I'm certain all racing participants would have been happy for him to ease it out of the race.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Now that the saddle shift explanation has appeased everyone, can anyone explain the hands urging motion in the last 15m after sitting quiet for 1585m ?
    Just asking as I am sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. :-B

Manchild, paraletic, JimmyPop likes this post.

Perhaps his competitive nature set in and he realised he might pick up a place or two? 
    He does however seemingly just before the lineurge it along with his hands. Going to be one intersting enquiry. Brad Lewis i am sorry i forgot to mention that apprentice Graham did relay to me immediatly after the race that the saddle slipped placing him at a disadvantage. Or i have no recollection of this being told to me. either way  interesting to say the least

Uttsy likes this post.

• LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Convenient the horse has pulled up with a slipped saddle and elevated temperature/slow recovery?

detonator likes this post.

On returning to scale the kid would have known how very bad it looked and produces the old saddle-slipped caper. 
    Do the stewards still use the HawkEye or whatever its called? That might help

Uttsy, detonator likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    any hole on the run for young chris. i know i've mentioned it before but it seems no trainer was interviewed at length as to their instructions to the kids....*.back, not so long ago if there was an obvious dead'un both the jock AND the trainer were rubbed out. the kids, chris and bailey over east are unlikely to do it of their own accord....then again it could have been a brain snap...

* jayjay and a few others would remember this rule.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    spinking said:

Which one seems worse Vega one or Pushin shapes just asking?

Vega One a lot worse no doubt as the horse was a lot closer at the business end and it was fancied in early markets
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    In saying that though physically the Pushin Shapes ride looks worse (on looks) as he showed no initiative whatsoever but the Vega One overall is much worse imo
  • LooksLikeTroubleLooksLikeTrouble    134 posts
    At least going to the inside for runs he had some sort of defence at the moment he has none except following one ass

hash likes this post.

• VicbitterVicbitter    30 posts
    Don’t think it’s about liking a person on a forum- it’s about everyone who wants to have an opinion has it britbrat!
    Haven't bought a horse for 18 months not taken a photo of one for three years or more. Was dragged to watch one in December as the owner wanted to have lunch. Honestly couldn't give a rats about racing in WA or anywhere else for that matter. I don't know why I contribute to this site in breeding pages , thought I would give it a nudge for Matt Rigby as he is a decent guy. Easy for me to move on. If I start to give a shit for the opinions of some folks on here I could top myself.

Haven't bought a horse for 18 months not taken a photo of one for three years or more. Was dragged to watch one in December as the owner wanted to have lunch. Honestly couldn't give a rats about racing in WA or anywhere else for that matter. I don't know why I contribute to this site in breeding pages , thought I would give it a nudge for Matt Rigby as he is a decent guy. Easy for me to move on. If I start to give a shit for the opinions of some folks on here I could top myself.

But you hang outside the track at about the 600m mark every Saturday
    You must be having a laugh. Not since maybe 2016
  • LooksLikeTroubleLooksLikeTrouble    134 posts
    Spinking had another look where the fk did ps ever get near the back of pinnson
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    30 years ago jocks had no problem "giving one a run" it was expected by many trainers and completed by many riders. However with current technology as a jockey you have no where to hide these days and will almost all ways be scrutinised by someone.

oldhendo likes this post.