G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 19 Non Members

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Think you should read my post properly mate . I said if he stayed inside he would of got on the eventual winners back. Now if you need me to spell it out go back and have another look. On the point of the corner if he went inside and kicked up who. Would of been the two horses he was between . Seeing your eyes may be not that good I will tell you Star value and patchirac. Who was the horse in front of Patchirac one off the fence?
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Though racehorses can't catch the coronavirus Pushin' Shapes certainly appeared to be in lockdown

Voodoo, Manchild, JimmyPop likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts

You must be having a laugh. Not since maybe 2016

I've ridden past there a few times lately and seen a person there matching your description with laptop etc who I assumed was you. Must be someone else. Sorry
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    My Sports Photography has taken me away from Racing by choice ( bit quiet with Covid)  and now Landscapes have taken over that as well. Been out 7 hours today alone photographing trees and stuff. Simon Merritt does an outstanding job with his business and racing definitely doesn't need me.

After comments like those made by Britbat, I'm glad my involvement in Racing is microscopic.

I did feel slightly wounded by his comments though, so I rang an old friend, apparently the only one I have in Racing, and he confirmed that I was in fact an ****............ and laughed his guts out.
  • LooksLikeTroubleLooksLikeTrouble    134 posts
    Very correct damien
  • britbratbritbrat    90 posts
    Of course Matt Rigby would be your mate. Thats why he deletes all my posts. Failed Bookmaker and generally bigger Sherman Tanker than you Wyer. .Suck suck..
    Rigby is in syndicates Bill and Ben the flower pot men train..THEY probably named PUSH and SHAPES after Rigby..

Bill (DAN) told Graham"Follow them around run a nice 8th..2 points will come off and after a few more of those and $15 grand in training bills later we can put it in a race it can win"

Nice failure his (RIGBY)venture into racing syndicates as well..PUNTA the first bookmaker in the history of WA racing unable to continue coz they lacked the 2 most important ingredients.
    CASH and KNOWLEDGE
    Pack of **** lickin losers
    Sorry i meant voodoo
    Can see this thread heading to thread closed bin shortly with comments like those above

Thunderstruck, JayJay, jum likes this post.

Yep thought it was about saturdays race

spinking likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Geez what a surprise this thread turned to shite...

Yep its about time hey Spink..

spinking likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    jeez britbrat thats bloody libelous, i'd be careful if i were you.....
  • velcrocandyvelcrocandy    204 posts
    Britbrat, more than happy to leave your latest post up as it says more about you than it does Matt & I. Nevertheless , would be great to find out who you really are!!

jum, hash likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Britbrat,  Jesus ,coming off the long run.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    most likely one on our long list of "non payers", such is his knowledge of our business. I can send you our account deets and you could square up? then we could be mates again  ^#(^

jum likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    anyhow, back on topic... would the saddle having slipped change a few people's minds? 

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• VicbitterVicbitter    30 posts
    Britbrat needs to stop personal attacks on people- not the way to act on the forum

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

edited May 2020
    I'm no jockey(and racing thanks the Lord I'm not or never was)but that sounds feasible to me? strange something reasonably significant like this wasn't mentioned could have curbed a lot of the potting he has copped.
    Goes to show that social media does NOT favour the innocent until proven guilty...
    Yeah-exactly , if this is proven then agree a lot of the potting has been terrible and very personal at times!
    Absolutley changes the perception of the ride for mine Diva. What i can not understand though if this is correct is how the chief steward failed to report this. What i beleive is not going to help CG is the footage just before the line where he seems to urge it along with his hands, if he felt comfortable doing it there why did he not do it a long way before. As i said above going to be a very interesting enquiry if thats the defence  for instance if he has told the chief steward and he has not reported it makes him look incompetent in his duty (steward) . Or is the steward going to say that CG is giving misleading info and never stated after the race that the saddle slipped, and possibly land himself further in the you know what
  • UttsyUttsy    129 posts
    I still dont know what to believe.
    If the saddle had slipped and it was just a matter of it not being entered into the report, then why is this whole process being played out? Surely they would've just dealt with it that day, they'd just put their hand up and say yep, was told that, there was an error it putting it into the report, its now been amended. 
    Im no jockey either, you get a good slow motion view of CG riding past the post right at the end of the replay, maybe someone with more knowledge can comment on their thoughts of the saddle slipping?
    Then theres the horse being vetted? Seems an odd one to vet given the price/run. Who initiates the vetting?
    Think the trainer came out to media about the saddle slipping
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    surely he'd have called a steward over as he dismounted and pointed out the slipped saddle. seeing he was last most of the way there is no way he could have yelled out "watch out my saddle has slipped" and thus have several witnesses.

Chelsea dislikes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Hold on ............ the Stewards have a case to answer ?
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    His style in the run was no different to his normal style so I'm dubious about the saddle slipping excuse. Whenever the saddle goes on one it is very obvious to the eye in how the jockeys look because they've got much less control and are basically hanging on to save themselves from coming off.
    This looked plenty different to that. He had plenty of control !

JimmyPop likes this post.

• LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    I just find it awfully coincidental that the saddle has slipped and the horse has turned up with all elevated temperature and slow recovery after an “interesting ride” to say the least. It just doesn’t look good.

Imagine the stipes will determine the validity of this claim and we will find out the outcome by the end of today.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I've seen plenty of saddle slips. The Pushin' Shapes ride didn't resemble any of them.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Ive seen jockeys lose their irons and still pursue victory on their horse.
    Troy Turner in recent times up at Geraldton if my memory recalls.
    Don't forget to watch the last 15m of Saturdays ride.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    He looked over his shoulder? What are you referring to det
    Hash i would say Deto is refering to his hand movements before the line . where he scrubs it along a bit