G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

3 Members & 3 Non Members

Comments

• VicbitterVicbitter    30 posts
    Really Det- think he has been questioned a few times on rides as well!!
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    saddle slipped

detonator likes this post.

• FumeFume Posts: 1
    Didn’t look good.
    William Pike’s ride on Ghobella was pretty ordinary too. Could have and should have come to the outside instead of trying to squeeze through a narrow gap which was closing.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,990 posts
    have a look at the replay just before the turn and into it...the saddle could have slipped. in the straight the horse is tossing its head around.
    an interesting dilemma...
    :-??
  • britbratbritbrat    90 posts
    Don't Know Why your so bitter Vic and Falcon your a bit close to the action in that camp. When i suggested some time back (post quickly deleted)about certain rumours about infidelities in that set up Falc poo poo pooed but guess what Falc.. The rumour mill is gaining momentum again
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,238 posts
    thefalcon said:

have a look at the replay just before the turn and into it...the saddle could have slipped. in the straight the horse is tossing its head around.

Now falc, I do respect your contributions and views....but fair dinkum...take the blinkers off on this one mate... absolute bloody shocker

cheers

thefalcon likes this post.

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    thefalcon said:

Why would a horse toss its head around if the saddle slipped? The instances I've seen of saddles slipping usually end up with the beast taking charge and striding forward. Now restraining when the horse is travelling.. :-\"

Nevershowsurprise, Uttsy likes this post.

• UttsyUttsy    129 posts
    He’s been found guilty
    Tweet from Adam McGrath
    “Following a three-hour inquiry, Western Australia apprentice Chris Graham has been found guilty for not giving Pushin’ Shapes every opportunity to win on the weekend. Penalty to be decided by the end of the week and stood down for his rides tomorrow”
    So based on that he has been suspended NOT DISQUALIFIED - so let’s not be too hard on the kid for a brain fade- appears trainers not implicated
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,675 posts
    That changes several aspects of this saga
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,249 posts
    Yep I was seduced by the saddle slip reason.

Reality is PS is bolting and trying to get around the horse on front of it in the straight, hence it's head flicking about, but can't get past for some "reason".

I reckon he'll cop it too unfortunately for him. Unless the good record/first offence/apprentice rider reasons are turned out....
  • FlandersFlanders    1,205 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Yep I was seduced by the saddle slip reason.

Reality is PS is bolting and trying to get around the horse on front of it in the straight, hence it's head flicking about, but can't get past for some "reason".

I reckon he'll cop it too unfortunately for him. Unless the good record/first offence/apprentice rider reasons are turned out....

I heard the "kid" is about 27 years old shop naivety can't be a valid excuse.
    Apparently he believes his own faeces doesn't stink too.
    You're never too old to learn hey

H-BOMBER, thefalcon likes this post.

• JockeysroomJockeysroom    32 posts
    He’ll get off light especially if trainers are not implicated
    I think after that ride 6-8 weeks the kid would prob b happy with that- let’s remember he is an apprentice/good record/first offence
  • UttsyUttsy    129 posts
    Apparently he said the saddle felt loose and didn’t feel stable enough to ride vigorously as it would slip... sooo it didn’t even slip.
    Trainers ride off into the sunset I suppose?
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,761 posts
    edited May 2020

• Lewis was also asked if co-trainers Dan and Ben Pearce had been questioned or could face any charges regarding the incident.
    • “This inquiry was solely based around Mr Graham and his ride,” he said.
    • “The Pearce brothers were not in question regarding this matter.”

Co-Trainers not asked a question. COMICAL!!! 

Manchild likes this post.

I just cannot fathom why at 35-1, the instructions are to just given a run. No financial interest bit if I was on Saturday I would have been throwing things when it is clearly bolting. You can't risk everything to drop 2 ratings points for running a place and into some form. Or maybe it is worth it? If it doesn't run over the top of them it runs a place easy. Surely that is worthwhile? Maybe I'm just very naive. Did it lose any points for Saturday? I would say not. Unfortunately CRIS seems to be down for me at the moment.

What adds to my intrigue is the plunge on Pinsson?! Gee I know the Gero form seems to be stacking up and I thought Megazone was mega short in the market but I didn't see Pinsson starting sub $4...."they" certainly knew it was on
    Surely of the saddle is loose or shifting then in the position he was in (last) he would ease out of the race.

Looks like the stewards have said "nah mate" to this excuse anyway.
    CRIS is working now

Nominated for the 1400m 78+ on Saturday...love to see it won by 3 lengths haha
  • detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    The stewards could not ignore the PTT jury decision.
    A couple of months on the sidelines should give “everyone“ time to reflect on the consequences of ones actions. 

detonator said:

A couple of months on the sidelines 
    The stewards may very well go along with you but unlike others on here who want to promote the apprentice excuse or good previous record excuse that ride is one of the worst I have ever seen.

Despite a few of you starting to sway and believe the excuses propaganda I stated from the start that ride was indefensible. The suspension shouldn't be two months as expected but a very well deserved two years minimum.

Uttsy likes this post.

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,990 posts
    i have no connection to the trainers, i only know them by sight. BUT surely the stewards would have questioned them re instructions...it appears they haven't. weak as p*ss if you ask me.
    as i mentioned, not so long ago when there was a dead'un, the trainer copped the same as the hoop.
    things have changed...for the worse.

Thunderstruck, Uttsy likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,687 posts
    Agree Falc.

2 years??..your dreaming @Slip and manifestly unfair in your assessment..no priors means he gets a chance/modicum of leniency.

SLIPPERGOLDEN, Uttsy dislikes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,675 posts
    Text messaging ..............

manifestly unfair in your assessment..no priors means he gets a chance/modicum of leniency.

Very accurate in my assessment Thunder. Your defence and leniency argument for Dragham is unpalatable.

No priors generally speaking can also mean fortunate you have not been caught previously and either way no priors should not guarantee you leniency particularly when you have rorted punters and disgraced the racing industry. Oh and at a time when normal hard working HONEST people have lost their jobs you take the mickey with the job you have.

Uttsy likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,687 posts
    Slip from the moment you posted I suspected you were talking through your kick pal? ;) If so your bias is clouding your judgement..
    Either way everyone's entitled an opinion...even blatantly wrong ones.

I'm done with this exercise in overkill I'll be in the Ascot thread likely tipping winners..pop in there for your 20c worth yeh?
    If that is the best reply you have Thunder then it is a wise move for you to be done with the discussion

Uttsy likes this post.