G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members
Start it early. I thought Blue Blazer could get across and lead throughout R1, can boost it to $15 at the moment. Well worth a tenna. 

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    On his form over east, where he has lead from 7a few times  and gone 1.55 and change (NOT at Menangle), yes, a definite chance but that was a while and several indiscretions ago. He was for sale as a 2 year old for $80k NZD, which surprised me (understatement) at the time.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts

R1: Follow up from the above comment, Art Tudor is more of a mustering type of the arm, to me it can be crossed. Blue Blazer is going far better than the numbers beside its name suggest, wouldn't be surprised to see it go on a little run if it can get some draws consistently.

R2: Our Perkins is a really obvious pick but does he cope a bit of pressure from Ace Bromac followed up by Four Starzzz Forsa? If he does the brings Attack On Command and A Boy Named Rossie right into it. Could be the race that boosts the early quad divvie.

R3: I think Mcardles Gem just leads and wins, very happy to take the $4.20.

R4: I can't catch Marquisard so I will go with Pradas Ideal Dahling to sit outside him and burry him, I think he's a bit better animal but you'd be happy to own both. Not betting here.

R5: It looks a really nice race for Chicago Bull, I think his only danger is Our Jimmy Johnstone getting the cart up on him, I am tempted to bet that way but I am done with backing runners drawn outside their main rivals for a while.

R6: Gotta Go Gabbana has a bit of class on these and can control it from the breeze.

R7: Dominate The Dojo is well worth a throw at the stumps here @$23. He is racing well but is just lapping that bit of zip in his legs at the finish. Prentice is going to run them along in the breeze outside Ideal Investment which I think will leave him a sitting duck for the Dojo grinding over the top from the 1 by 2.

R8: Originally had Rum Delight pegged as a good place bet as it is racing well and should settle in the first 5 or so but I'm just not sure it does its best racing at GP so I will let it slide.

R9: The bit of money around for Advance Your Dream makes me think they might over drive this horse, to me it needs to be driven ice cold. So I'd be looking for the two closers in Blue Chip Adda and Run For Mercy, Run For Mercy appeals on price but I'm trying to have a bit more discipline so I will sit this out as well.

R10: I have to go again Robbie Rocket. One by One on Lavra Joe I can't not bet at the double figures but again another Friday night race where I want to take on an obvious leader, live by the sword they say.

My Bets are: Blue Blazer, Mcardles Gem BB, Dominate The Dojo BEW, Robbie Rocket, EQ:1,4/2,3,4,8,10/1,4/1,3/ 100% costs $40. At Bunbury I think Joey Girl can keep her new lease on life going in R6.

Good luck all.

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    R1.  Roll With Me           Art Tutor                  One For Dave Andme    Blue Blazer
    R2. Our Perkins             Destined To Rule     Quick Stride                   Attack On Command
    R3.  McArdles Gem       Runaway Three       Walsh                             Tanaka Eagle
    R4.  Prada Ideal Dahl.   Marquisard               Bletchley Park               Captain Proud
    R5.  Chicago Bull          Im Soxy                   El Jacko                          Im Full Of Excuses
    R6.  Arma Indie             Typhoon Tiff            Balcatherine                    Delightful Reaction
    R7.  Ideal Investment    Soho Thunder.        Bettor Be Oscar              Tsar Bomb
    R8.  The Bird Dance     Divinia Bellezza       Rum Delight                   Semiramide
    R9.  Blue Chip Adda     Advance Your Dre.  Suing You                       Soho Whisper
    R10.Mighty Ronaldo    Lavra Joe                Overjoyed                       Adda Something

Best Bet:                     Arma Indie
    1 x 3:                          Roll With Me
    Best Roughie:            Rum Delight

VillageKid, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    There has never been a track in the world like GP when it comes to the importance and the advantage to be drawn close to the pegs 

One of the best examples of that of all time is race 4 - tonight - 2 horses  Marquisard and Neighlor - both won about 15 races and 150k approx - i think Neighlor is a slightly better horse - i think it would beat Marquisard in a 2 horse ( Satinover v Pure Steel type thing )

Now on  TAB.Com fixed odds Marquisard from the coveted gate 1 is $2.30 and Neighlor out in the bleaches in gate 8  is $151 - reverse the barriers and you can reverse the prices 

Unbelievable GP in that regard - no other track is like it in that regard in the history of harness racing 
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 1-  Roll With Me,  Art Tutor,  One For Dave Andme,  OurBoyBart
    Race 2-  Tuas Delight,  Our Perkins,  Destined To Rule,  Attack On Command
    Race 3-  Walsh,  Runaway Three,  McArdles Gem,  Our Rhythm n Blues
    Race 4-  Bletchley Park,  Marquisard,  Pradas Ideal Darling,  Valbonne
    Race 5-  Chicago Bull,  Our Jimmy Johnstone,  El Jacko,  Im Soxy
    Race 6-  Balcatherine,  Arma Indie,  Typhoon Tiff,  Gotta Go Gabbana
    Race 7-  Bettor Be Oscar,  Soho Thunderstruck,  Ideal Investment,  Burning Rubber
    Race 8-  The Bird Dance,  Divinia Bellezza,  Major Artist,  Semiramide
    Race 9-  Blue Chip Adda,  Suing You,  Advance Your Dream,  Run For Mercy
    Race 10-  Mighty Ronaldo,  Lavra Joe,  Overjoyed,  Robbie Rocket

• ciscocisco    805 posts
    Good luck tonight Boys.

Cheers cisco
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Markovina said:

There has never been a track in the world like GP when it comes to the importance and the advantage to be drawn close to the pegs 

One of the best examples of that of all time is race 4 - tonight - 2 horses  Marquisard and Neighlor - both won about 15 races and 150k approx - i think Neighlor is a slightly better horse - i think it would beat Marquisard in a 2 horse ( Satinover v Pure Steel type thing )

Now on  TAB.Com fixed odds Marquisard from the coveted gate 1 is $2.30 and Neighlor out in the bleaches in gate 8  is $151 - reverse the barriers and you can reverse the prices 

Unbelievable GP in that regard - no other track is like it in that regard in the history of harness racing 
    maybe the Neighlor 12 months ago

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Robbies Rocket in the last,is there a magnet on the fence or something.
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    TTMYM contacted own sulky and over raced,how long can that continue to happen before fines are handed out.
  • aussiebattleraussiebattler    277 posts

TTMYM contacted own sulky and over raced,how long can that continue to happen before fines are handed out.

would probably over race even if not contacting sulky 

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts

Surely it’s about time the stewards stepped in and did something about this. How many times can it contact it’s own sulky before you actually think that maybe I will put it longer in the sulky or use a longer one? Just a piss take really
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    edited May 2020
    A few that were more track workouts than races Friday night with 40+ second lead times and 33+ Quarters. Advance your dream case in point, still think it needs to be driven ice cold and it was, it just happened to be able to do that and still be in front! 
    Gilgamesh said:

A few that were more track workouts than races Friday night with 40+ second lead times and 33+ Quarters. Advance your dream case in point, still think it needs to be driven ice cold and it was, it just happened to be able to do that and still be in front! 

And the boyfriend on the fav out the back
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts

Surely it’s about time the stewards stepped in and did something about this. How many times can it contact it’s own sulky before you actually think that maybe I will put it longer in the sulky or use a longer one? Just a piss take really

a) TTMYM is well well well over 16hh with an enormous length hopple. What longer sulky? Show us a brand that is longer that weighs the same as the Gorillas and we'll buy it. We literally bought a Gorilla FOR TTMYM because it was touted as the longest in market
    So show me one longer and we'll buy it. We'll wait.
    B) TTMYM is a roller, not a sit sprinter, not a tough as nails stayer. All we heard was praise when he won in nigh on record time and then again in record time. We pull him back to the field and do 33sec quarters and sprint home in 26sec and he'll come last anyway because he isn't a sit sprinter.
    C) he doesnt really overrace, thats indicated in races where hes been pulled back to last. He races best rolling. For that reason, hitting the cart isnt a bad thing. But see point a) anyway.
    D) gotta love it when people who have NO idea about a certain horse and have never trained a horse have an opinion on that certain horse.
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts

why arent we fining Zennart for overracing and destroying itself and the opposition every week? If TTMYM was trained by a pro trainer, you'd all have nothing to say. Apparently we dont know our own horse but you all do. Why dont you get your trainer licence and take a shot at training him. You wont even get him out the stable in one piece

• Chopchop43Chopchop43    151 posts
    You got to be kidding me saying TTMYM doesn't over race, blind freddy can see that he pulls, and when your dropping out and getting beaten 50+ metres the stewards have every right to question why this is happening and send the horse back to trials, would happen to any other horse in the same position

• capguncapgun    25 posts
    Shaft extensions arnt new

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    KTQ I think you might be underestimating the horsemanship and training abilities of some people in this group with your last comment.I’ve seen horses that hit these new carts and actually trained one and reverted back to a old style quick hitch which did the trick just fine all be it not fashionable the horse didn’t hit so it didn’t fire up and over race.i also managed to get the horse in and out of the stable in one piece.

Constantlybroke, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

KTQ said:

a) TTMYM is well well well over 16hh with an enormous length hopple. What longer sulky? Show us a brand that is longer that weighs the same as the Gorillas and we'll buy it. We literally bought a Gorilla FOR TTMYM because it was touted as the longest in market
    So show me one longer and we'll buy it. We'll wait.
    B) TTMYM is a roller, not a sit sprinter, not a tough as nails stayer. All we heard was praise when he won in nigh on record time and then again in record time. We pull him back to the field and do 33sec quarters and sprint home in 26sec and he'll come last anyway because he isn't a sit sprinter.
    C) he doesnt really overrace, thats indicated in races where hes been pulled back to last. He races best rolling. For that reason, hitting the cart isnt a bad thing. But see point a) anyway.
    D) gotta love it when people who have NO idea about a certain horse and have never trained a horse have an opinion on that certain horse.

I watched them circling around at the start last start on TV and he wasn’t even out to as long as possible in the cart. My eyesight may not be the greatest in my older years but even I could see what looked to be at least 3 more notches left on the sulky? What’s that say another 6inches? Could be the difference between hitting the wheels and overracing and missing them.

Chopchop43 likes this post.

KTQ said:

why arent we fining Zennart for overracing and destroying itself and the opposition every week? If TTMYM was trained by a pro trainer, you'd all have nothing to say. Apparently we dont know our own horse but you all do. Why dont you get your trainer licence and take a shot at training him. You wont even get him out the stable in one piece

I highly doubt that. The memory may not be the greatest but I’m sure people would have been ripping shreds out of Run Oneover when it was overracing. I stand to be corrected.

RACE 5 – VALE GAVIN LANG PACE. 2536MS

TALKTOMEURMATTJESTY – Over-raced throughout and gave ground from the 600 metres to finish tenth, beaten 126 metres.
    But he doesn’t overrace
    The thing I cant work out is if your in the crowd ( standing on the grass at GP) you can hear the horse alot of the time, not always of kicking the wheels.

Horses seem to kick the outside wheel when going around bends more than up the straights.

Im sure with no crowds and where the stewards are positioned they would be able to hear if a horse if kicking the wheels or not? Especially when a horse is racing 15mts in front.

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    How do you know which horse is hitting in a field of 12? Hes hit the cart sitting back in the field also. So have many other horses. So have many of our horses.
    If we position the cart further back, he rubs his hips raw on the shafts. Shaft extensions make this worse because they position the narrow section of the shafts on his hips. even tiny little Fanci A Dance has that problem

TTM "overraced" going 1.52.9 and still won. He overraced in 1.54something and won. Overracing isnt the problem.

I apologize the comment re: you havent trained a horse. Got a bit touchy there and spat unnecessarily
    Just my sixpence worth 

Re  TTM - i know what a top trainer or should  i say a  top  horseman  would do with that horse - if we were back in the 1960s - where there were quite a few mobile start races - but there was also quite a few standing start races 

They would after many hours of education and horsemanship qualify that horse from the stand start tapes at the trials - then once qualified - enter it in a standing start race  - not from the front line - but say off 20- 30 metres - where it can  begin safely - nice and quietly - horse doesnt get stirred up - your trying to teach the horse to relax - and race accordingly - and thats what they use to do back then - and it just didnt  just  happen overnight - it took alot of skill and patience to achieve it 

And when you had achieved  that by racing exclusively in numerous standing start races - youd bring the horse back to a mobile - but at that stage you had an educated pacer who would settle in its races

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Hi Markovina, May I ask , Who were the top horseman you were referring too in the 60s?
    sonny said:

Hi Markovina, May I ask , Who were the top horseman you were referring too in the 60s?

There was stacks of them - because there were a stack of standing start races

Neville Welsh in Vic - i listened to the podcast interview recently on Harness Racing Vic - and he told the story of his father who got a horse - who the stewards had placed a  stewards ban on it at the Royal Melb Showgrounds ( with the previous trainer )

And his father after many painstaking hours of true horsemanship - ironed the kinks out i - and ended up with a tractable horse - and was quite chuffed in achieving it

You said you were from Sydney - there was a heap of them their - John Binskin Laurie Moulds - Richard and Brian Hancock - Vic Frost - and many more 

Back then - because there was alot of standing start races - you had to be real horseman . Today with Mobile starts - i could train pacers no problem - i had a bit to with it years ago 

But you look at  successfull horseman of any code - John Size is a very good  example - one of his main beliefs - or tools in the training kit - he was a huge believer in the benefits of horses - of walking them daily - he and his staff ( because i was over their at the time ) would daily would walk all his gallopers around Centennial Park ( a huge magnificent on the outskirts of Sydneys East ) . The benefits of that were immense - but most trainers couldnt be bothered
    edited May 2020
    Regardless of horse
    If contacting sulky (potentially causing it to over race ) doesn’t bother the trainer ,with the trainer therefore not attributing contacting the sulky to the reason for the poor performance ,It  shouldn’t be used as a cause or noted as something that affected the performance as leaving it to do the same week in week out with no attempt to rectify the problem is intentional and a known gear configuration, not accidental or a matter of circumstance or gear malfunction ,like blinkers on blinkers off type of situation as opposed to deafeners failed to release 
    Maybe there needs to be a check box on the gear form for (set to contact Sulky) 

Then stewards notes would go back to over raced performed poorly stood down x amount of trials 

Either that or penalties should apply for repeat offences like odm and horses stood down with Increased number of trials 1/2/4 for trainers that don’t attempt to fix the issue and continue to blame contacting sulky 

As for longer carts that suit bigger horses I use a missile with the longer shafts (+150mm) the extra weight isn’t a factor on rolling types as they maintain high momentum and don’t need to rapidly increase speed like sit sprinters ,they also seem wider so shouldn’t rub the hips when set further back 
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    AbbysAce said:

Gilgamesh said:

:D :D :D :D

Very good price tonight Suing you, very good.

Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.