G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 35 Non Members

Ascot 13/5/2020.

West Australian Racing
Any one having a punt tomoz or all consumed by the Pushin Shapes saga...

Beteasy boy they are pisspoor, open up at the same prices as Tabtouch(the example used being race 8 as it's the only race up as of now!! that's also pisspoor)and then wind every horses price in with no bets taken just an "adjustment", their dodgy as....glad I fleeced them today the stnuc :D

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Got my eye on several but one in particular i may back early if they ever post the fixed prices..
    R4 Carlton Castle for the Pontiff, if he gets a decent backside to follow into the straight(and I think this is a reasonably possible scenario)can finish over the top of this lot.
  • TrainTrain    186 posts
    Need to have a peak at the stewards report at the end of the day for any findings on the matter.

R1- ZANGIEF was little green on debut when rolling off around the turn. With the experience looks capable of improving and although it looks like Noske jumps off, Pike on doesn’t hurt. Smart beginner and only needs to find the breeze to play his part.

R2- MISS CONTEKI is short again in this but it’s hard to knock her. Won well at the finish last start and while this field is a touch stronger she should offset that with race fitness. Pike puts her wherever he wants and can make it an early double on the program.

R3- BOLSHOI GAL looks as good a chance as any here. Can put in some dodgy runs but her best is good enough to win this and should be advantaged as Ascot has been very leader friendly of late.

R4- I’M ICEY has been getting better with each run and was tough last start when planted deep. Draws the fence here where he can either lead or box seat and take the fast lane into the straight. Most of his market rivals are get back types drawn wide giving him a big head start.

R5- Best Bet: SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK wasn’t suited last start when working throughout with 60.5kg. Still carries the weight here but should do a lot less work from the gate. He looks a horse that will go right through the grades with time and expect him to win this.

R6- VICTORY SHOT rolled up the straight when winning last start. Another who will be suited by the hot Ascot rail as he should lead or find the leaders back. Did improve to win second up and can prove hard to beat with further improvement.

R7- CABLE GUY has put in two handy runs his last couple and can win again here. Was deep without cover the trip last start when narrowly beaten and strikes a similar field here. Azzopardi on is a positive and just needs even racing luck.

R8- DAWN ARMADA looks a good eachway bet in the get out stakes. Unlucky at Pinjarra two back when unable to find a run through the field and placed in Saturday grade in a handy field. Drawn to get the run of the race just behind the speed and with a run goes close.
  • UttsyUttsy    129 posts
    Expecting an incredibly hot rail by the looks
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Your a braver man than me backing BG in race 3 Train. It’s another one I have a small share in. She’s had a few chances to win a maiden but she just won’t stick her neck out.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

Any one having a punt tomoz or all consumed by the Pushin Shapes saga...

Beteasy boy they are pisspoor, open up at the same prices as Tabtouch(the example used being race 8 as it's the only race up as of now!! that's also pisspoor)and then wind every horses price in with no bets taken just an "adjustment", their dodgy as....glad I fleeced them today the stnuc :D

Open up or atleast check Bet365 on a Tuesday morning and you’ll see/get the best prices available early doors

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• TrainTrain    186 posts
    Uttsy said:

Expecting it to get pitched up the same way it has the last couple of weeks or so.

edited May 2020
    Train said:

Uttsy said:

Expecting it to get pitched up the same way it has the last couple of weeks or so.

Yeah def haven’t want to be too far back over the last month or so, think it’s played a little better the further out though.
    But as usual we won’t know until after the meeting haha
    edited May 2020
    Might be an interesting speed battle in R2 the improving Agent Jay who i like is pretty zippy from the gates albeit racing over slightly further..Shooter could let them go take a sit in the 1/1 and roll the fav and maybe Durrant's filly late..here's hoping anyway.

Fav opened unders @1.70 might drift into the black I reckon..6.50 boosted for AJ seems fair enough to me.

Might be an interesting speed battle in R2 the improving Agent Jay who i like is pretty zippy from the gates albeit racing over slightly further..Shooter could let them go take a sit in the 1/1 and roll the fav and maybe Durrant's filly late..here's hoping anyway.

Fav opened unders @1.70 might drift into the black I reckon..6.50 boosted for AJ seems fair enough to me.

Found this race really interesting. Happy to knock the fave at that price. Looks like a definite effort to teach her to settle and hit the line. Got a decent breather before rattling out that last 400m, think this will be run at a better clip. Didnt think AJ was particularly nippy enough to lead these over the 1000, got Showzali holding, AJ and LMP applying pressure. Landed on LJ who was bolting behind them last start before being outsprinted off a slow tempo while copping the inferior ground. Hoping for Stevey P to have a little aggression early to find a spot just behind the speed. Had a lot of time for Showzali's trial and a win wouldnt surprise.
    Looking at todays going stick report, could be right on another rails day. Looks like a Good 3 section on the rail near the line. Usually a good sign that its the place to be!
    Decent run and a logical trifecta ..ended up saving on the fav it got the run I was hoping Agent Jay would get.

Uttsy likes this post.

Interesting how well LJ ran on, may not be a rails fest day

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Agreed..a couple ran on ok in the first as well seems fair so far.
    Not a lot of confidence in JM at the minute but the horse is suited here with 56, c'mon Lil Red Bikini.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I hope someone followed up on Trilli Filly  $-)
    edited May 2020
    WOW.........Meooowww what a camel result.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    Rodent said:

I hope someone followed up on Trilli Filly  $-)

Someone didn't remind us
    :(( :((
    As that cat managed to win..ill be speccing another enjoyer of milk that ponty is riding maybe Smith has improved it for this, R7 Lollipop Lane..main bet is on Starof Bonnie Rose.
    Someone’s had a good crack at the running double in races 5 & 6 with whiting to win both
    Weld is the favourite way paying $68 yet is $31 fixed and provincial payout with the $4 in Jarman is paying $140 for the double! That punter would of been much better of with an all up on the tote or fixed multi that falcon loves so much

bigorangecat likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    how many times have i told you, me old mate, a double is NOT a multi.... :-B
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Handicapper has been kind to that winner Krakkas. Last start led and ran 6th/10 at Ascot beaten 4.1L and dropped 2 points. Warzachantz who ran 7th in that race didn't drop any points. Same for the horse that ran 8th Miss Flamboyance. 
     Do handicappers do favours for some and not others?
    thefalcon said:

how many times have i told you, me old mate, a double is NOT a multi.... :-B

Hence why I said he would have been better off taking a fixed odds multi rather than the double :-??