G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members

Eastern States Racing

East Coast Racing

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Terrific win Great Again, thrilling race......but how about Rich Charm after such a long time off, good old Mrs Clarke....rarely bet on Melbourne racing but raided the tea caddy this morning for a lousy 5x15 just for sentimentals sake. Wonderful little horse, the $31 would have been nice but will take $8.40 the place. Money not important, watching one of racing's little people is what it is all about.

Flanders, jum likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts

Best slaughter job all day goes to.... Symphomnette r3 Adelaide, that was $%^#en rubbish K. Crowther.

Redemption is sweet put a decent or should I say potential star jock on today ;)
    I had that horse blackbooked but never got the notification :!!
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    R8 at Doomben today I like Exhilarates, the fav will be hard to beat but with a decent steer this filly is a certainty to run at least second..and can roll the colt if he is slightly off his game.

Bottega likely wins R7 at Rosehill should handle the heavy and run over them late.

jum likes this post.

• VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    Like Private Thoughts in the last at Randwick tomorrow........$9.50 looks reasonable....E/W all day....

cheers

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Oh Say hopefully gets the day off to a winning start R1 there..she has been trialling well just needs a touch of luck from the gate, wet ground will suit.
    edited June 2020
    Bugger me there goes the Kersley/Cumani combo again were you on @Swoop? :D

I know it's ultra competitive in Victoria but HOW on earth Freddy doesn't get more rides is a far ken travesty!

TheSwooper likes this post.

Ditto Dean Yendall who just rode Oriental Lily a treat, got going nearing the turn 4 deep and stole a march on the runner up and one of its main dangers :x

squid69 likes this post.

edited June 2020
    Everyone has a "mug" bet right?

R8 Gawler, no 10 PONTYPAUL a seriously well named galloper if ever I've heard one and David Tootell's last ride no less than for his son..I'll have some of that!
    And...it Salutes at $16 :D
    edited June 2020
    Concerns floating around about a semi goat track being on offer at Eagle Farm, so I may tread warily.Terriffic card there most definitely..

R2) Unsure why The Kingdom is an overs to my eye $9 and just 4th fav in this 6 horse field he has been mostly unstoppable for 6 months now winning 6 of his last 8 races.
    Market says he will not win but he is sure worth a bet at the price, he gets 2 to 3kgs weight off the 2(very skinny in Curries's runners case)favourites and loves Eagle Farm.

R7) I will be sticking with Isotope hoping Nothdurft(who must have a permanent stay on appeal of his 3 month holiday)will give her a good run with cover..up to1400 suits and strips fitter for this big test.

R8) The straddy I'll be backing two both are spec bets to some degree, Exhilarates i think she can run a cracker with 49.5 hopefully Marshall stays off the fence please it's a big field you don't wanna be 4 or 5 back on the fence!
    Second bet I have to have something on Vega One 1400 is his go now, drawn near the Carpark but can get cover in this big field.Banking on J Byrne to give V.O every conceivable hope he sure is great odds.Cracking race!

Usually a Jonah saying this :D but Gollan..and his stable jock Nothdurft could have a big day.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    WA horse Bam's On Fire in the G1 Stradbroke Handicap today, has 51kg.
    Hmmm..i liked the Flemington R1 result much better than Eagle Farm R2..The Kingdom was outsprinted and or outclassed raced like he is looking for further im not sacking him on one just fair run.
    edited June 2020
    SO close Holbein..oh what might have been! :-S
    Totally Smashed in Brissy :( Vega One runs 4th which was my "best" effort..why the fug it was back 2 lengths last till the turn I will never know, youra fh Byrne...
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    thunder, i think dean yendall gets fewer rides due to his past association with mr. weir. dogs and fleas comes to mind..
    Heavy going will suit Covent Garden in the 1st at Canterbury, conditions might be enough to slow the leader and fav down enough to get caught late..hopefully.

@Falc you may be right but it's unfair if he is indeed stigmatised .. bloody good jock who imo deserves more rides.
    edited June 2020
    Floundered in the going..pathetic..does look on track to go to a heavy 11 by the looks of the weather there.
    Monsieur Sisu to recoup in R4 allegedly loves the heavy!
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    don't forget fellas, frank sinatras brother couldn't whistle and dawn frazers sister drowned in a bathtub.. [-X
    Any chance that fh Zahra could ever get cover in a race on Kaplumpich..*%^$head deadset.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/vpWTUS5ZbuXu795CA

My new favourite Victorian trainer Gemma Rielly :x

Manchild, jum likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    IS that Gemma Rielly  that was apprentice in w.a.  maybe with simeon miller.
    After a bit more research yes it is..she worked for Lindsey Smith too.. I saw her on Racing.com in a pre race interview at Sandown today.

savethegame likes this post.

Nice underachieving ride by Kah there on So You Swing, gave it none back last off a projected moderate pace :-q
    Hats off to James Jordan who said if the rain comes, Arkham Night each way spec it :D :x
    One I backed last start is in again PONTYPAUL R8 Morphettville..in a camel class 0-58 should run a race again.
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Nice each way bet - Flemington Race 8 - Romancer.
    Rubbish bet...King Of Hastings WEAK AS PISS ;)
    What a boat race track at Randwick :-q
    squid69 said:

Nice each way bet - Flemington Race 8 - Romancer.

Good luck mate I'm on Rich Itch lol
    Used to back Heptagon... [-(
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    I thought Heptagon was a risk today with the drop in distance and rise in weight. Yendall rode him perfectly again, didn’t spend a penny in the run and even though the rails may not have been the place to be, the class of the horse showed,

He’s going to be so hard to beat in the Winter Championship final in a fortnight, back out to 1,600m.

Thunderstruck likes this post.