Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    Betonme said:

capgun said:

How was Jett star not put out of the draw? Stewards report sheds no light...

I think the stewards report sums it up nicely.

Generally if its a horses first offence (and I will stand corrected) if you have 1 indescretion you normally get a warning first, then ODM
    Not commenting on Jett Star. 
    But I had a horse recently break for the first time, and got put ODM. So I don't think they get warnings now. 
    Ok then I stand corrected. If thats the case then 100% the horses tractability caused the false start so yep ODM 
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    That greyhound Good Juan is in today R1 @ Wenty.. about 4.10pm our time.
    The inside box could be problematic but I'll be watching keenly.

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

Did nought tonite really..flashed home for 4th.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Torrential rain at Bunbury and yet still running remarkable times. Major Freeway....I think he has grown since Pinjarra KTQ, my goodness he is a big horse.....and not bothered by the mud running a 26.8 last quarter......amazed they are still racing, it is a dirty, dirty night.

VillageKid, Gilgamesh, cisco likes this post.

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Got the bodyworker coming to look at him today, hes going to need a cherry picker ????

JayJay likes this post.

• 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    C Saligari fined $8k with $4k suspended for not informing stewards quickly enough of the C Hall inducement.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Yeah i read that yesterday on the AHR site - and i know alot on this forum  cant comment on the penalty because they will get in trouble 

However i think that is a very harsh penalty - i mean what did he do wrong - someone rings him up with that monetary  offer - alot of people would be in shock getting that phone call - and he did tell the stewards - and the stewards acknowledged the unusual circumstances of the case

I think a much fairer penalty would be 4k fully suspended for 12 months - i dont think he should be out of pocket 

You would think he would appeal for sure - and i think it will be reduced 

sonny, jum, freodockers likes this post.

• michaelmichael    17 posts
    So was saligari trying to fix the result of a race,stiff shitE
    Northam (5)and Busselton (1) are losing meetings going forward? Haven't seen any announcement but caught the tail end of an interview with Bruce Jones and Matt Young but no details of what the outcome was. Bruce said "I could comment on Northam but I won't".....all seems a bit sort of vague.
    I

Gilgamesh likes this post.

This is to with the gallops - but i will post it on our board

Last night i watched only a little bit ( flicking channels ) Thoroughbred Central or something - with the guy who won the Stawell Gift many years ago 

They were discussing - the 81 races or something - where the winners are going to be disqualified - and owners may have to return the prizemoney 

And  one race in particular - i think they said a 2 million $ race - they showed the last 100 metres of it - and the winner ( one of those 81 ) Paternal something - i might have the wrong name their - but they said - the 2nd horse in that race - well the trainer has also been disqualified - and the 3rd  horse it was trained by Darren Weir - who has also been disqualified - so who is actually  " The Winner " of that race- had a bit of a chuckle at that 

What a shambles

VillageKid likes this post.

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    michael said:

So was saligari trying to fix the result of a race,stiff shitE

Have you even read anything? Idiotic comment

That greyhound Good Juan is in today R1 @ Wenty.. about 4.10pm our time.
    The inside box could be problematic but I'll be watching keenly.

Running at Richmond soon R7..longer trip and a smaller field is 1.50 hope he blitzes them, he was a bit flat last week for some reason.
    Found trouble approaching the last turn gee it Is a mad railer, the check it got when about to run over them was enough to cost it victory..and my multi turns to confetti..
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited July 2020
    I see the trotter Earl Harbour had his 400th start today in race 1 at Pinjarra.
    Can anyone think of any other pacers/trotters that have had 400 starts?
    Destreos springs to mind in the East, Shardons Rocket would have gone close before his compulsory retirement at age 14 last season?

378 for Shardons.

• MoonrakerMoonraker    99 posts
    I reckon one of my old favourites from QLD, Hal Thomas would have been close to that mark
  • ThepluckygamblerThepluckygambler    66 posts
    2 impressive conveyances getting around lately are Itsbackintheday and Whereyabeenboppin. Both look to have exciting futures.
    Moonraker said:

I reckon one of my old favourites from QLD, Hal Thomas would have been close to that mark

377 for Hal and before anyone asks, Of Auld Aberdeen had 279 goes and Has The Answers a relatively modest 240.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    > JayJay > Northam (5)and Busselton (1) are losing meetings going forward? Haven't seen any announcement but caught the tail end of an interview with Bruce Jones and Matt Young but no details of what the outcome was. Bruce said "I could comment on Northam but I won't".....all seems a bit sort of vague. I I heard this interview JayJay. Without knowing anything about who he represents, the work he does how hard he works etc I thought from this interview alone they need to get a new leader. Should be more country meetings not less

JayJay, curmudgeon, VillageKid likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    The meeting schedule was a draft only proposal and open to review. There is ongoing dialogue between Northam & RWWA on this issue.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited July 2020
    Gee that was a tough win by Tahi in the last race at GP tonight.
    Funny ol run race though.

Rocket_Reign, Markovina likes this post.

Wasn't a pretty win, ran off with a 1000m to go....tough win alright, both horse and driver to sleep well.

Rocket_Reign, VillageKid likes this post.

I see the trotter Earl Harbour had his 400th start today in race 1 at Pinjarra.

Can anyone think of any other pacers/trotters that have had 400 starts?
    Destreos springs to mind in the East, Shardons Rocket would have gone close before his compulsory retirement at age 14 last season?

Just an update on number of race starts....Destreos the benchmark at 486, Mister Skye Rocket at 410 and Earl Harbour now joins Cane Smoke on 400, Hal Thomas next on 377.

VillageKid, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Doing the form at Northam tonight

Maybe one for Curmudge - but Ark of Rock - wathcing its replay on 26/6 at Northam - i reckon the times and mile rates that night are so inaccurate 1.56.6 - i reckon that is a good 4 seconds wrong - and Gordons mile rate later that night is also inaccurate 

Someone had a very fast watch that night 
    Bolta a chance at the odds at Northam next race

Was a terrific run at GP last start - where as fave - its got great form - but its last run i thought was awfully soft win and didnt run time - and beat ordinary horses

7 bucks Bolta - im having something on it 
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Bolta ran last on Friday night beaten 42.7m

Bolta ran last on Friday night beaten 42.7m

I was unaware of that - but its previous run at GP was very good - Jnr drove it - 3 wide without cover from the bell - so it can do work  in the run 
    However tonight how it was driven - is why i hardly bet on WA harness - 33.4 ( 65  half )  why not amble up into the death - no he just sits and does nothing 
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Had a very hard run Friday night and that may have influenced the driving tactics tonight.
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts

Had a very hard run Friday night and that may have influenced the driving tactics tonight.

Had an unexpected hard run Friday night can probably cut him some slack for not wanting another 24 hours later

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• ThepluckygamblerThepluckygambler    66 posts
    Gee Ride High looks the goods heading towards the Victoria cup. It looks think at the top besides maybe Lochinvar Art and then it’s just the usual Suspects that can be beaten on any given Saturday.