G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

Scandal in NSW Racing

West Australian Racing

Comments

• chatskychatsky    20 posts
    https://peterprofit.com/2020/06/26/the-hottest-race-in-the-whole-wide-world-the-beaten-fave-was-only-1-30-and-chris-whiteley-and-grubby-day-are-the-most-honest-men-in-racing/ 

Here is Chris Whitely showing you precisely how to pull a horse up at the start of the race. Not many people are so stupid as do do it in the home straight when everyone is watching.

H-BOMBER, JimmyPop, Uttsy likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    When these blokes  pick out what suits and try nail someone without thinking why---- the start before at cairns it was 8th at the 800m--over  1250m and won by 4-1/4 lengths--- might add   its the furthest  back it had been in its whole career of  28 starts which  came at  its second run for a new trainer.        (massingham) the way it won surely you would  ride it the same next start.----plus keen taking 1.30 about horse that's had 12 starts on good tracks for no wins --his whole 5 wins have been on soft----- plus if you believe he could repeat what he done at Canterbury with two trainers removed david payne, then toby Edmonds--don't think he would be racing at cairns-----just maybe whitley has worked this is the best way to ride him.in this part of the woods
    Posts like that make you lose faith people have any idea whatsoever. He strangled it so the horses to his outside could cross over him, then he took it off the fence so the horse behind could get in front of him too. 

It is one of the most blatant pull up jobs i have ever seen. 

JimmyPop, Uttsy likes this post.

• JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    chatsky said:

chatsky said:

https://peterprofit.com/2020/06/26/the-hottest-race-in-the-whole-wide-world-the-beaten-fave-was-only-1-30-and-chris-whiteley-and-grubby-day-are-the-most-honest-men-in-racing/ 

Here is Chris Whitely showing you precisely how to pull a horse up at the start of the race. Not many people are so stupid as do do it in the home straight when everyone is watching.
    That looked shocking. It was obviously a Betfair job. One can only hope the stewards do a job on him, if they have the balls.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    J Mac just won on Roheryn at Rosehill. You'll recall he was the odds on fav beaten in the alleged boat race won by Heart Conquered.  :)]
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    I was on TODAY but not then! unbeatable first up although that was a tough watch today til very late.
    edited June 2020

I was on TODAY but not then! unbeatable first up although that was a tough watch today til very late.

I think I've been on Roheryn 3-4 times inc the infamous race mentioned earlier in this thread. Was good to finally get some back #:-S

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    chatsky said:

Posts like that make you lose faith people have any idea whatsoever. He strangled it so the horses to his outside could cross over him, then he took it off the fence so the horse behind could get in front of him too. 

That’s some serious allegations with zero evidence, a jockey can just make a bad decision in a split moment.  You may well be right but throwing around career ending allegations on just what you’ve seen is risky.  Basically you could say any cricketer who bowls a large no-ball is spot fixing.  ANy tennis player who retires when behind is on the take.  

oldhendo, Thunderstruck likes this post.

I agree Precision the shit some people are allowed to say(hiding behind a pseudonym)on social media is b.s.
    edited June 2020

That won't protect you if you say something clearly defamatory [-X
    IF the accused can be bothered to do so TRK...its not a simple process and it could be costly if the d.h accuser has zero cash to pay a claim if you win?

Still waiting for any of this Muppets recent claims to be substantiated if and when they are I will then stand corrected.
    edited June 2020
    Stewards judgements aren't the same as those issued by a court of law. Look at them going after J Mac, and look at his response today? Does the ends justify the means? He's one of our best. They'll chase him off to HK like they did with Chad Schofield who was suspended every other week for 'dangerous' riding. You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

chatsky said:

That’s some serious allegations with zero evidence, a jockey can just make a bad decision in a split moment.  You may well be right but throwing around career ending allegations on just what you’ve seen is risky.  Basically you could say any cricketer who bowls a large no-ball is spot fixing.  ANy tennis player who retires when behind is on the take.  

Completely agree with you. A jockey can just make a bad decision in a split moment. 

This however was a concerted effort to put the horse in the worst possible position to win the race for a period of 800 meters. 

If you bothered to either read what i wrote, or watch the race, you would see he literally strangled the horse to allow every horse outside it to cross, then he left the fence so the horse behind it could get in front of it,and then he went back to the fence. 

Thank god there are people like the bloke writing these articles to draw attention to the absolute oxygen thief's stealing money from innocent people in the racing industry.

Makes me sick. 

Uttsy likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    I think the author is clutching at straws. Or, he may well belong in the looney bin.

Thunderstruck, oldhendo likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    it certainly looks bad but does anyone profit from all these goings on..? there has to be a quid in it somewhere..but where?
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    edited June 2020
    It would help his cause if he looked at everything available,

1. He says the horse was hooked back at the start for no apparent reason and the stewards report was wrong.  If you look at the patrol footage the horse was definitely tightened between runners at the start as the stewards said.

2. He quotes part of the stewards report but neglects to post the last item which is

"Stewards have opened an inquiry into the betting on the event"
    @tony You wanna guess what they're gonna find tho? Nothing.The horse was a well backed fav-if you're gonna hook it, you don't want it blowing like a gale. You want it backed like it's over the line.
    kramer, but who got a big quid out of it? someone must have....
    thefalcon said:

kramer, but who got a big quid out of it? someone must have....

Anyone who laid the fav
    of course, silly me... b-(
    edited July 2020
    Maybe..but to me it's not dodgy just a semi slaughter job, I didn't see him going forward and back and forward either? horse drew a sticky gate he got planted(which happens in nearly every race everywhere)and was probably just trying to keep the horse of very average ability comfortable in the run.

It was a 0-55 ratings race and the horse in question had 18 prior starts for 1 win 0 placings..wtf did it start 2.70?? that's almost as criminal :))

I'd love to know if the bloke bets....
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    you didnt seem him go forwards and backwards several times? I certainly did. 
    I dont think he could have ridden it any worse to be honest... not saying it was a boat race... but possibly one of the worst rides ever. 
    :-??
    Went forward once that I saw then stayed there I thought..i only watched it the once though.

As I said I'd love to know if he was on it...would confirm one theory I have(is a bigtime mug punter)

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    edited July 2020
    Here is the Stewards Report for the race

MISS STAR – Raced wide throughout. Rider reported that he was unable to obtain cover at any stage and when placed under pressure on entering the home straight, his mount failed to respond to his urgings and weakened noticeably over the concluding stages. A post race veterinary examination revealed a poor post race recovery. Trainer S Rundle stated that MISS STAR had pleased in its work leading into todays event and would report back on the condition of MISS STAR in the coming days. MISS STAR was post race swabbed.

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    It was a bad ride, but I don't think he hooked it. There are a dozen rides like that every day.

Thunderstruck, Manchild likes this post.

Race 3 at Wagga yesterday...check out the hands and heels action on the fav, Pushkar, over the concluding stages @-)

• ThepluckygamblerThepluckygambler    66 posts
    edited July 2020

Race 3 at Wagga yesterday...check out the hands and heels action on the fav, Pushkar, over the concluding stages @-)

Ridden by a proven cheat ! The horse pulled its way to the lead as well. Cahill is a scumbag and has pulled up many horses over the years.

• ThepluckygamblerThepluckygambler    66 posts
    edited July 2020
    https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.punters.com.au/amp/news/mathew-cahill-disqualified-for-12-months_63445/

Has about 20-30 questionable rides under his belt does this low conveyance