G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members

Belmont 18.7.20

West Australian Racing
Bumper 10 race card track rated Heavy this morning and some more rain today...it may get pretty choppy as the day goes on.

I forecast maybe a slight advantage to Divine Shadow in the heavy ground.Am warming to this horse he is an absolute ripper and a stayer of some promise, i like the 3 week break and that Mitch went back on he will be very hard to beat again.
Happy too it's earlier on in the day before some wider lanes get too much traffic.

R4 Blow Me Out could indeed blow on by them in the last 200.Step up in trip is ideal just need a patient economical ride from gate 8, then have her let down in the straight conditions shouldn't disadvantage her.
+1 -1

Thepluckygambler likes this post.

Comments

• TrainTrain    186 posts
    R1- WARBLER resumes for a new stable off the back of a quiet Monday trial in the soft. Was good enough and didn’t have the race day blinkers which should have him open to improvement. Ran into a couple of smart ones early last campaign in Bobcat Johnnie and Ocean’s Fifteen and that looks far stronger form than this. From the gate Pike has options but expect him to take up the running and that should be a good spot early in the day.

R2- Best Bet: MOOD SWINGS had no luck last start when dragged back to last before being asked to go again, all while four deep. Drawn to get a much better run either outside the leader or in the one one depending on what Boomtastic does. Beat Bright Diamond two back and at his only go on a wet track was a gallant third Behind Indian Pacific and Windstorm. That was on a soft seven so even if the track is heavy expecting him to handle it.

R3- NOIR DE RUE comes here after contesting WFA and SWP races where he was poorly handicapped. Comes back to a ratings race on the backup which he thrives on and after Derrick’s claim carries less weight than he did in a star studded Hyperion where he was far from disgraced. They should roll in this with Beaucount engaged which suits NOIR DE RUE and he’ll appreciate the wet track too. If he’s allowed to roll through his gears from the 800 he’ll be mighty hard to get past.

R4- SNICKERDOODLEDANDY was a brave effort last start when fighting back to win after being headed. Went forward from a wide gate to sit outside the leader on that occasion and expecting similar tactics from another wide draw and looks like a horse that will relish the rise to 1400. She won in a race that was a lot quicker than the other 2yo event on the card and she beat most of her dangers last start and looks suited by only going up 1kg in the weights.

R5- MAROCCHINO may not have the class to beat CHANTREA but certainly looks better value as a place proposition. Has been putting in handy runs in very strong races all preparation and a repeat of any of them would see him be competitive here. Sat just off a very strong tempo last start and had to go early when the leaders started to fold. Looks capable of leading this field and rolling along at a comfortable speed and will give the favourite something to catch.

R6- PUCKAPUNYAL was plunged last start in a race that didn’t look to suit her too well. Was 1400 back to 1200 and raced a little flat but hit the line well. The run suggested she was looking for further which she gets here up to the mile. In a race without a lot of tempo she looks like getting an easy lead and backs up off seven days which a positive. Her run on a soft six two back was really good between quality pair Bright Diamond and Levitate and this looks her race.

R7- NOT TO BE MIST comes to this third up at the mile which is a really nice preparation for him. Has been super first and second up producing good figures and running through the line. First up on a soft six was narrowly beaten by Mankind and they spaced third and last start was only beaten by Showmanship who looks a top liner. Looks like settling last from the gate but he looks more than capable of running down the field.

R8- MANKIND is a deadset swimmer and strikes a very wet track here. His last two runs have been really good in high rating races including a last start fourth behind Showmanship at 1400. Seems to be better at 1200 but do like him having the last start run over 1400 as he appreciates it. Will be looking for a spot midfield or better, hopefully with some cover and only needs to hold form to go close in this.

R9- WINE NIGHT looks ready for a step up in trip after two runs at the 1000m. Brings strong 3yo form to this and she’s a big filly so the older horses shouldn’t be any extra challenge. Won first up with 60kg beating Amelia Bedelia who has won since and last start went close on a Saturday in a field full of nice horses where she was dropped off before surging late. Has tactical speed and expect her to land in the first four in running and just needs a touch of luck to not be trapped deep.

R10- DANNY GEORGE returns in a race that looks right up his alley off the back of a nice trial. Loves Belmont, loves the wet, loves 1000m and is a fresh horse so he ticks a lot of boxes for this. Maps to sit deep on the track but there’s only one bend at the Belmont 1000 and by the last on a heavy track may not be a bad spot. Like Pateman on board and if he brings his best form to this he will give a big sight and you get a juicy price to find out.
  • ThepluckygamblerThepluckygambler    66 posts
    With even luck I can’t see Jericho Missile being beaten tomorrow. Proven fresh horse , proven against much stronger horses then these and has never seen a wet track which special missiles grow a leg on. I mean there’s some nice horses in this but give me a spell. $3.50 looks juicy with the in form Paul Harvey on board.

I like a few shorties tomorrow including

Sentimental Gift (last chance saloon)
    Snickerdoodledandy
    Puckapunyal

Best roughie : Rebel Yell

Really keen on first starter molly Magee in the first as well.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,687 posts
    Definitely in the Jericho camp too mate.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,248 posts
    I'll stick with Dark Prospect. It's his turn tomorrow
  • GreyHorsesMatterGreyHorsesMatter    23 posts
    R3: Burning Pride, at good e/w odds, wasnt the smoothest run up the straight and should of been at least a length closer at the finish.

R6: Sowar, sat 3 deep and squeezed out at the top of the turn, hoping for clearer run.

R9: Stevie's Wonder, if it runs like its trial it will be charging home late

• thefalconthefalcon    19,986 posts
    welcome to PTT, GHM.... :-bd
    we can get a bit excited at times but all in all we are a pretty good bunch.
    hope you crack a winner with your first roll of the dice.

GreyHorsesMatter likes this post.

Pikey just stamping his authority early doors...
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

Pikey just stamping his authority early doors...

If anyone is at the track can you please give Fish a big spray and say it's from RIO. Why do I bet on this guy????

I'm on Boomtastic last start for a good bet and gets rolled. Today I'm heavy each way Guesteen and yep Boomtastic beats it by a pimple. Character building
  • sonnysonny    1,064 posts
    Hi Bomber., At least you are seeing them .. Luck will change... 

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Huge run though i only had it in for 3rd Guesteen, toppie went ok-ish dont think it loved the sticky track.

RIO likes this post.

Pikey...wow
    Mitch should have stuck following him on the bloody fence but highly doubt he beats it anyway...
    Dark Prospect is sacked forever.

Next start GET ON

Thunderstruck, JimmyPop likes this post.

Yeh mate its average typical Parnham horse :-O

JimmyPop likes this post.

Mitch should have stuck following him on the bloody fence but highly doubt he beats it anyway...

Cost me the tri 10.4 times too because it CLEARLY runs 2nd with a smarter steer, of course i only had the 4 to run 3rd..novelties do my head in deadset.
    Blow me out got left with no way to blow (n)
    Huge win Snickerdoodledandy though
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

Blow me out got left with no way to blow (n)

With a couple Extra centimetres either side and/or a senior male rider on it runs a clear 3rd for mine

Thunderstruck, RIO likes this post.

• GreyHorsesMatterGreyHorsesMatter    23 posts
    I think cambist can turn the tables today if pike runs out of luck from the inside draw

GreyHorsesMatter dislikes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,986 posts
    i think pike has somehow inherited george moores whistle.

True that..i am presently wondering why the hell i did not put Chantrea in my multi...

RIO likes this post.

Cracking run Heaven's Gift i failed to mention that,she is a beauty..any shares available @Bull? :P

Thepluckygambler, The_Bull likes this post.

edited July 2020
    First time I’ve ever got an early quaddie when I’ve had it 50 times straight out.

If Jericho Missile places I’ll land some huge multis and if it wins as Jake the Muss would say book the F’N limousine.
    What a boat race that.....smfh
  • detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    What a “DAG” of a ride by Whiting.
    Flipper could have done a better job.
    :-q

RIO likes this post.

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,373 posts
    detonator said:

What a “DAG” of a ride by Whiting.

Flipper could have done a better job.
    :-q

Goes to take off,then ducks back in behind them and lets Pike go straight past him,you can see why these jocks never go anywhere honestly.

RIO, detonator likes this post.

If Jericho Missile places I’ll land some huge multis and if it wins as Jake the Muss would say book the F’N limousine.

Praying you havent jonah'd us.... [-O<
    edited July 2020
    Jonah with success fmd... :-q
  • ChrisChris    5,229 posts
    Oh Darren X_X release the hounds
    edited July 2020
    Yuck ! It ran like it drifted. Can’t complain it’s been a decent day and I layed off enough to not find the nearest bridge.

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

BÒOÒOOO