Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    8-|
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Unlucky mate.
    WOW ..Seriously?? Boaties @ Belmont.
  • madfacemadface    6 posts
    Feeling for JC trainer. She broke down in tears after that race. Hope big fella ok.
    Time for another vocation for JC maybe..
    Thought maybe Saracino and Jericho Missile can figure here..steaming home late.
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    edited August 2020
    River Dance @ 30/1  .... would be a nice 2nd leg for my quaddie.  :-??

2nd leg - 3,4,7 or 8 thanks.
    That'll f ya :))
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    edited August 2020
    Gotta feel for Popey seeing Lucky Linda salute first up for a new trainer (in a Saturday race) when all it needed was a change of jockey when he had it.. looking at the racebook it has just the 1 owner assuming it’s the same owner as when Pope trained it
    Soft late :-q
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Just catching up on the replays. Didn't like the card and accordingly have lost my money. Switched from Floyd to Mervyn - who was very weak Hopefully Mitch is well rested to get the last winner home.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    Any thoughts on Clairvoyance going 6 lengths faster than Floyd? Times say that Clairvoyance would have been 4 lengths in front of Mervyn at the 600m mark (Mervyn was 2 lengths clear of the open company sprinters at that point).
     At a very rough approximation, Floyd only runs the last 200m 1.25L faster than Clairvoyance. Floyd only carried 1 kg more than the filly! At WFA Floyd would have given the filly around 9kg!
     So do connections target the Winterbottom or The Everest?
     I reckon win everything and then switch to dirt and win a Breeders Cup on dirt. She looks to my eye like she'd go even better on dirt.
     This is kind of tongue in cheek but also not. While she is on this massive improvement curve you couldn't dismiss anything. With zero improvement from here in, she'd still have a very good career. Everything we know says there should be a lot of improvement and that is scary.
     Good luck to connections. Enjoy the ride.

Manchild, thefalcon likes this post.

Does 1 second equate to 6 lengths rodent?
    Someone close made mention Clairvoyance ran one second faster than Floyd in the open race with Mervyn setting the tempo. That can’t be right?
    hash said:

Does 1 second equate to 6 lengths rodent?
    Someone close made mention Clairvoyance ran one second faster than Floyd in the open race with Mervyn setting the tempo. That can’t be right?

0.96 sec = 1 length.
     There is a slight problem though. I believe the time to be incorrect in Clairvoyance's race. I reckon in reality it's in the vicinity of a quarter of a second slower than the official so it may have been hand timed?
     So not quite what it originally appeared but still extremely exciting for connections of the big C. Surely we can't call her that!
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Re: Clairvoyance

I see many wins in her future ;))
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    0.16 sec = 1 length

6 lengths to a second
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Not much here for her other than the Winterbottom which is a big ask for a 3 yo filly. Melbourne?
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    How much longer will they be racing in Victoria?

edited August 2020
    Ngawyni said:

Not much here for her other than the Winterbottom which is a big ask for a 3 yo filly. Melbourne?

Sell to the asians for a quick mill and let them have the problem of deciding what to do next? Not a bad problem to have I guess
    I wouldn't sell her. She's a freak.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    They aren’t overly keen on fillies I think
    Rodent said:

I wouldn't sell her. She's a freak.

You would like anyone else, everything has a price tag trust me
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    hash said:

Ngawyni said:

Sell to the asians for a quick mill and let them have the problem of deciding what to do next? Not a bad problem to have I guess

Asia has no use for fillies.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Big believer in horses ears telling a story Clairvoyance ears sure send a signal that galloping is easy at high speed for her

Saturday's race meeting over 20 percent of run ers figured in stewards report for either laying in or out ----plus the ones vetted for poor performance 18 (81),so definitely a gluepot track. Her daisy cutting action plus the respect she show's the Norton bit, at her 2nd start very exciting on any ground------ going forward