G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 10 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    R5 tonight even with the early drift Maras Ace Man is priced as thought it is just going to lead and win, for that to happen the two horses drawn inside it would have to be happy to let it go and I don't think that will happen. No10 Galante is still a great price, likely to be leaders back but even if it does get shuffled back a bit with clear running late it will be all over them
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Race 3 Extradite if he can cross over the 2500 think he will take some running down.
    Might have him into Galante.

cisco, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Hi Packedmetal panda, Enjoyed your show.. Very interesting and informative... Is this a regular timeslot.Thanks .

PackedMetalPanda, cisco, VillageKid likes this post.

• sonny said:

Hi Packedmetal panda, Enjoyed your show.. Very interesting and informative... Is this a regular timeslot.Thanks .

Hey Sonny,

Yes it is on Every Tuesday 9-10am on TABradio

Glad you enjoyed!

2lifetimewinners, cisco, VillageKid likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    My harness mates(trainers and drivers in NSW and QLD.) have been advised by me to tune in.. 

cisco likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    edited September 2020
    Unfortunately, the available data concerning wagering was of limited assistance to the analysis. 

I read it until I read that, what a load of frog sh!t, so they cant say HOW MUCH wagering went down.

• maybesomaybeso    84 posts
    The HRA has changed the racing year to the calendar year on a permanent basis. Interestingly horses are a year older on 1 Jan, but the breeding season remains starting on 1 Sep.  http://www.harness.org.au/media-room/news-article/?news_id=44812
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Can anyone here tell me how many positive swabs peter Anderson has had,I see he got fined for the last positive with the horse in trials,just interested to see his number from over the years.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Thought there was Amnesty from the queen to allow him back or do they call it a pardon, quite a few years ago when he was doing a fair stretch
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited September 2020
    I honestly don’t know what they’re doing with Little Change(Albion Park, r9 $4.4-$3.10). You couldn’t get a more negative drive from the arm...and yet still opts for the sprint lane. Do they even want to win? Last two drives have left a lot to be desired.
  • I see nothing in the stewards report about an incident in the Stewards Room from Narrogin Saturday night.

Might want to sweep it under the carpet. (nothing scinister in the incident, just mega funny)

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts
    See bondy is topping the mares FFA up on Friday night. What are the chances of them all going around or he be scratching some now 2LTW?
  • Yeah not sure mate. if they are all sound I would think they would all go around.
  • See bondy is topping the mares FFA up on Friday night. What are the chances of them all going around or he be scratching some now 2LTW?

See he has scratched 2 out of it already.

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts

See bondy is topping the mares FFA up on Friday night. What are the chances of them all going around or he be scratching some now 2LTW?

See he has scratched 2 out of it already.

Be “vet certificates” provided for both. Field got off the ground. Nothing to see here. Play on. ????
  • Are you accusing him of scratching with no valid reason?
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Either way you would hope more than Vet Certificates required for that one.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Looked to be a double for PTT’s own JayJay at Kellerberrin today.

An outstanding effort by The Situation. Looks a great prospect to move through the grades, particularly the stands.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Obviously, an enjoyable day in brilliant sunshine at Keller Gil and a very, very big crowd on course. Very big effort from "Mike", tough little bugger, Ocean Beach did what he had to do. The Cup was a brilliant race, Twenty Nine Twelve gave them something to chase but the much improved Hong Kong Dolly too good on the line. 9 races, great day out.

In a general sense, provincial racing alive and well.....we were watching the stable runners at York and the crowd looked very healthy indeed......good day for the "dual code King".....a double at Keller and Foxy Royale got the choccies at York. Great to see the Harness Racing Manager up at Keller enjoying the day. Track prepared in outstanding order.

Only negative was the setting sun and the 8 grillion midgies on the long drive back to Manji.
    See the first winner is by fly like an eagle------had to won by 249.60 gross time 2.24.3 mile rate 1.49.0 ----the mobile stats
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts

See the first winner is by fly like an eagle------had to won by 249.60 gross time 2.24.3 mile rate 1.49.0 ----the mobile stats

Wow.....Did Craig Cross have a runner at Keller yesterday STG?

savethegame likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Told you the track was well prepared!!!!

savethegame, VillageKid likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    There was a bit of a tribute to  the late George G on ABC radio on Sat morning - just into the 2nd hour of the show - because it was 60 years to the day that George joined the ABC 

They replayed his Ben Johnson call - was brilliant ( pity what happened - otherwise it would be a legendary call ) also some other stuff from the Olympics - and a box on /fight at the football - and they concluded with Stephen Michael taking a screamer and kicking a goal 

Then the 3 of them - told about their interaction with George - Clint worked with him at the soccer - Mark - mentioned the Satinover v Pure Steel - and he said George in talk back could ruffle him ( the co host ) not just the listeners - so you were allways on your toes 

Mick ( Malthouse ) i wont say what he said or how he said it because i thought it soured things a bit 

But it was good to hear George again ( well done ABC ) - pity he never called a Melb Cup - because as proved by his Johnson call - he could get the words out so quickly and  with great diction - where as alot of Melb Cup callers ( and because they have to call every horse ) by the time they have done that - something important up front might have happened - but they are not quick enough to come back to that - George would have been

VillageKid, JayJay likes this post.

C.Cross------V.K. can make willy-wag tail beat eagle.

VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Marko I missed that but did hear the first hour on my way to the footy.
    Mick is just an old sourpuss these days (probably always was to be honest) in the first hour I heard him talk about how when he got to the WCE he got them to change the lyrics to their song "So watch out all you know all's, all you wise men from the East" because he thought in his mind it was disrespectful to Victorians at the club!
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Friday nights performance by Shock Wave....on top of his stellar campaign when last racing...on top of  highly competitive 2 & 3 y/o seasons was a great advertisement for Westbreds.

Congratulations to RWWA on the expansion of the Westbred bonus scheme announced last week.
    It is a step in the right direction to rebuilding the industry in WA with a whole of industry local outlook.

V.K. Mick has always got around like he dropped a dollar and found 5 cents. Should be still telling everyone how Lucky he was getting 1989 draft picks 64----Evans. 92 Heady 117 Kemp McIntosh 112 -------VK ----not sure some articles say McIntosh was father/son rule

Any way at the yearling sales would have got the lot for 5k other teams brushed over that lot 5 times lucky Mick

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts

Marko I missed that but did hear the first hour on my way to the footy.

Mick is just an old sourpuss these days (probably always was to be honest) in the first hour I heard him talk about how when he got to the WCE he got them to change the lyrics to their song "So watch out all you know all's, all you wise men from the East" because he thought in his mind it was disrespectful to Victorians at the club!
    VK - re M  Malthouse i like when he talks footy 

However Sat they were remebering/ paying tribute to George - 60 years to the day he joined the ABC 

So after the other  2 said their  fond bit - they said to Mick- do you want to say anything about George

And he actually said - oh look the 1st week i came to Perth ( got Eagles  job ) - his mother got killed didnt she - bitten by a snake -it was a Dugite wasnt it - then he said  -oh i said to my wife - we are going to have to be careful of snakes in Perth 

I just thought it was crass how he said that 

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    I had no financial involvement but a very confident drive by Michael Cornwell on Sheez Our Hope at Pinjarra given that he has done very little driving of late.

One for the battlers.