Who's Online

0 Members & 19 Non Members

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    So now I have to subscribe to this fruit loop to read his crap? 8-} =;

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Struggling for a buck no doubt.

I havent read the article but i watched that race and didnt see anything untoward really? 1100 @ doomben, 61kgs and drew sticky i think unders at 1.70...probably wound it out to reel in some victims.

hash likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    He expects people to pay $200 per year to read his carry on. Got to be joking
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited September 2020

I havent read the article but i watched that race and didnt see anything untoward really? 1100 @ doomben, 61kgs and drew sticky i think unders at 1.70...probably wound it out to reel in some victims.

Trainer Vandyke had about a 50% win strike rate..Unrealistic. On Saturday the QTF sent three burly representatives to his stables to observe all activities from dawn until race time and including following horse floats to the tracks for obvious reasons. 

Vandyck had six starters including Alligator who he already has an interesting history with. None of Vandyck's runners won and Alligator drifted alarmingly and despite being unbeaten at previous first up starts  was also convincingly beaten.
    edited September 2020
    That's a lot of muckraking and not a lot of substance to what are essentially veiled allegations. 

tony likes this post.

edited September 2020
    Did you read the article Kramer? He seemed to back it up as he does on most reports.

No one on here seems to believe anything PP reports. Perhaps you believe the $200 fee is a contribution for future legal fees but I don't see a throng of people suing his butt after articles are written about them. 

No. I sure didn't. You're actually admitting to being fleeced by this bloke? Oh dear L-)
    edited September 2020
    Kramer judged on that observation you make a very poor prosecutor. I have not paid for a subscription but did read the article the day before the switch to payment only. As much as I found his articles interesting reading my money would be better spent on interesting and informative reading @ The Spectator Magazine... Currently  getting great value with a three months free subscription. Thanks Rowan.

Manchild likes this post.

I'm not the one doing the prosecuting or persecuting here. And as for the subscriber-only content,  It was YOU that posted the link with the paywall-so you know damn well no one other than yourself read that rubbish....a glance at the replies in the thread would've told you that. 
    Kramer I have already stated that I posted the link when the content could still be viewed for free and the day before before PP switched to subscription. Obviously I posted with the belief anyone could view at anytime and unaware that time was running out....So to speak.
    It's absolutely irrelevant and still doesn't change the fact that the subject matter of this thread is little more than gossip. If that's your thing, then I guess you grew up hiding copies of Women's Day & New Idea under your mattress?  8-}
    Your response is childish.  :-*
    Well if you wanna argue about facts and evidence, how about producing some? Until then, this tripe will get the response it deserves.
    Obviously I can't produce the original article as it wouldn't be worth the $200.

Some additional gossip then.....The current free bit from PP 

Poor old David Vandyke. Nothing has gone right for him since the QRIC team bowled up at his stables for a surprise visit early last week, and his wretched run of misfortune continued yesterday at Eagle Farm when a couple of second placings and a curious late scratching stretched his losing streak to eight 
    edited September 2020
    You're a little slow on the uptake. The stable investigation does not imply there is a causational relationship with the subsequent race day results. The 'author' of this fiction dances around legal issues by presenting the facts in sequence and allowing suspicious minds to join the dots. There may have been a full moon last Saturday for all I know-does that mean it's to blame for the run of outs? 

As for Alligator Blood-I backed it. I was prepared to accept the odds and I don't think the horse could have come home his last 600m much quicker than he did(33.22sec). Implying the positive swab for Altrenogest after the MM somehow taints all the horse's runs is just plain stupid. 
    The header for this thread does end with a question mark inviting opinion and you certainly have  stated yours though I would have have been interested in your comments had you read the detailed article even though it wouldn't change your opinion on PP in general. I'll leave the discussion with you there Kramer.
    I've commented on his stuff previously and made the same point you have about the lack of legal action pending but it's become increasingly clear he's an agenda driven idiot with a chip on his shoulder. This latest rubbish wasn't worth repeating and as the article is now hidden behind a paywall, the title does all the damage.
  • careycarey    6,368 posts

I've commented on his stuff previously and made the same point you have about the lack of legal action pending but it's become increasingly clear he's an agenda driven idiot with a chip on his shoulder. This latest rubbish wasn't worth repeating and as the article is now hidden behind a paywall, the title does all the damage.

dunno who he is or know what he is about, but if you just click and click, the articles will come up.
    edited September 2020
    Welcome back Carey  :x

Are you able to view full articles? I can only view headings and the notice... Subscribe or log in to read the rest of this content. 

Kramer appears to have the same issue.

therealkramer likes this post.

Are you able to view full articles? I can only view headings and the notice... Subscribe or log in to read the rest of this content. 

@carey has one of those super computers that places bets while he sleeps tho  :-@ @-)

@carey has one of those super computers that places bets while he sleeps tho  :-@ @-)
    Thanks, one learns something new every day.
    Checked every room, and still I can't find this 'super computer'

carey said:

I may have embellished slightly. Seems like the right thread, tbh. The tales appear to be taller than an NBA player.

carey said:

I may have embellished slightly. Seems like the right thread, tbh. The tales appear to be taller than an NBA player.
    what tales would they be?
    edited September 2020
    The Vandyke one is circumstantial at best. The fact stewards visited the stable prior to an underwhelming day at the races does not mean anything. As for tying it to a drifting fav being beaten 1st up when bigger targets(Everest, Golden Eagle) await, well that's mischievous at the very least. Nature Strip(also heading towards the Everest) was beaten first up as a $1.45 fav(again) and I don't see people accusing Waller of anything other than being a sook.

The season strike rate is irrelevant given the small sample size and, again, that's hardly enough to prove anything untoward.

Manchild likes this post.

thank you, i thought you were referring to me.
    sorry
    edited September 2020
    carey said:

thank you, i thought you were referring to me.
    sorry

I'm the nicest guy on here @carey  O:-) 
    :)) :))

You are indubitably the most modest one on here

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    If you would like to read reasonably long extracts of Peter profits stuff, then check out a website called Lets go Horse Racing.
    The bloke who owns it John Lingard I think his name is, is a mate of PP, and even though PP's stuff is now a subscription service, he allows Lingard to publish a fair amount of his articles, and in turn, Lingard promotes PP's web site.

I hope that helps.

Thanks Bookielover and the article I earlier mentioned is there;

QRIC PUTS ‘TRICKY DICKY’ UNDER THE SPOTLIGHT & HE COMES UP WITH ZERO WINNERS - SAVED THE OWNER EMPLOYING MEN IN BLACK

by ARCHIE BUTTERFLY, a story you didn't read from the 'Dream Team' in the NEWS Bureau

GEE poor old David Vandyke had a Barry Crocker of a weekend didn’t he?

It was crook from the get go, when half a dozen serious looking QRIC types bowled in uninvited before the crack of dawn to have a yarn, and then decided to hang around all morning and watch the play.

It’s a bit hard to encourage your spiritual horses to run faster through yoga, meditation, chanting and aromatherapy sessions when there are a whole bunch of badge sporting ruffians hanging around the place isn’t it?

They must have been on overtime these QRIC folk too, for I even hear that they followed the young buck’s trucks all the way down the highway, onto the Gateway Motorway and to the track, which was very nice of them I thought, because the taxpayer picking up the security tab relieved Allo Allo Endresz of the burden of paying for the men in black, or being sent an invoice anyway.

The announced visit from the hep QRIC cats must have upset some of DVD’s spiritual dogs and set them off barking, which in turn frightened the horses and affected their performance on Saturday and Sunday too, for poor old Dick wasn’t able to take a trick.

Six losers in a row is hardly a run of outs by the trainer’s standard, but our adopted Queensland pride and joy is no ordinary boy. This prodigal son was the number 1 training gun in the whole land, who – until the weekend – was kicking home a winner every two starters.

He was out of luck this weekend though, and the whole racing industry is in mourning for the loss of his 50% winning strike rate, and the reduction of his winner to placed runner percentage to just 77.8%, well below what we’ve come to recently expect from the trainer of spiritual horses who encourages them to run faster by quoting the dead Latin poet whose ovaries that need to be dealt to with Altrenogest are named after.

I wouldn’t get too down if I was DVD though, for there are far worse things in life than leading in half a dozen losers.

Things like finding surveillance cameras and bugs that your new friends have left behind in little nooks and crannies in your truck and in your stable.

Anyone know the Latin for don’t you worry about that?

They definitely didn't leave any devices...our old mate Archie is the paranoid type 8-}