G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 38 Non Members

Hannans Handicap day

West Australian Racing
Come on you lot who are all the winners?

Anyone brave enough to head out there?

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    I thought Ultimate Desire could finish over the top of them in the 1st

Rodent likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Or lead throughout! Good chat guys,

My other one im keen on for the day isn't until the last, On The Turps, will be popular for the Rowdy crew out there today. Has been smashing the clock late, will just need them to fan so it can poke up on the rails.

Ngawyni, Buddy123 likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited October 2020
    Nice tip gilga.

The card and fields sizes doesnt exactly get me enthused. But Money Matters in the big one.

Gilgamesh, jum, hash, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    Today sees a couple Jockey change that will be interesting a big fan of Maddi Derrick but Aurae has made her look ordinary in the pigskin-----today will answer wether it's the horse or needed a senior. Yuill takes ride.

Cape Sounion should appreciate the services of McNaught in the last

Prior to it's past three wins Magniforce thought he was 1200m horse only--- has been finishing his races off with gusto , if ridden quiet will be interesting to see we he fits in this company
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Gee Aurae every mortal hope. You would have been counting the $$$ on the corner but True Ora had a kick
    Been on Roger the Roman last 3 years in the Hammans and has run 2nd to 3 pretty smart ones in Disposition, Reykjavik and Tellem Were Comin.

Maybe a peanut each way for sentimental value, don't have to have much on at the 80s.

Pyms Royale to upset them all
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Massimo being a late scr turns the race on it's head, leaning towards Money Matters also Joey should control the race and kick strongly.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Played footy on the goldfields with the trainer of Magniforce at the diorites. Reason enough to be on..good luck Tacka
  • silkysilky    342 posts
    If Massimo doesn’t accept, how much weight does money matter get?
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    1 way traffic really the fav.
  • actionaction    60 posts
    Boat race zzzzzzzz
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    edited October 2020
    silky said:

At a guess 57.5kg?

Western Temple gets 59kg and it works down from there?
    silky said:

Would have been re rated to an 83+ race and got 59 I would have thought. By my logic, the same horses under it wouldnt be affected by any weight jump as they all would still carry the same difference. The only thing it would do is lower the rating of the race and bring the spuds closer to the pack.

Ngawyni likes this post.

• NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Moschard and Roger would have met the placegetters 2.5 kgs better which might have made a difference to the placings. 

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    Top day out there yesterday. Hard to make a quid and get a beer but it was worth the wait in 35 degree heat.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Lot of complaints by callers with Chris Mills on radio and by the bloke himself  this morning. You would hope they get that fixed by Saturday. Good way to fcuck a day out out the races especially in that heat
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    Shambles to say the least.

Know of a few long term locals who havent missed a race round meeting in 40 years walk out after race 3 and wont be going back Saturday.
  • RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    I was shattered to get knocked off in the last race. A real head shaker when looking at the winner's form. It turns out it ran the fastest last 600m of the entire meeting outsprinting everything in the Hannans. The improvement was absolutely ridiculous.

Uttsy, Gilgamesh, jum likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited October 2020
    Word spreads quickly. My work college is from Kal and his Dad still lives there.

His Dad said it was a shambles and won't be going back there for Cup day...
  • UttsyUttsy    129 posts
    Rodent said:

I was shattered to get knocked off in the last race. A real head shaker when looking at the winner's form. It turns out it ran the fastest last 600m of the entire meeting outsprinting everything in the Hannans. The improvement was absolutely ridiculous.

Did you catch the replay of its previous start Rodent?
    Jock didn’t move an inch.
    Isn’t there supposed to be a rule about riding your mount out to the line?
    If the question is asked on that run, it can provide more context for a much improved run like that.

edited October 2020
    Yes, it wasn't ridden out at all. Stiil, HTF does it sit wide and back and peel off a 33.77 last 600 with that weight? Moschard ran the fastest last 600m of the Hannans in 33.88 with 54kg.
     Hayan Lad ran the fastest last 600m of the 1100m open sprint in 34.12 with 54.5kg.
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    People on twitter already up in arms about how hard to get a drink again. Kind of glad did not make the trip up this season. Go the Mont's tomorrow.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Rodent said:

We’re you aware it was only it’s second start for the new trainer? That has only just been bought to my attention, certainly may explain the improvement
    I was aware. I didn't see anything to indicate it would improve to that extent. Very few did.