G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members

Ascot, Bunbury & Gero - Melbourne Cup Day

West Australian Racing
Who do we like in the Run and Eat a Kebab handicap at Ascot?

Comments

• ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    By the end of the card @hash would be odds on to double race 1 into race 3, the kebab into a Mrs Macs.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Chris said:

Doner Double Meat Chilli Sauce
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Doner with chips cause one doner is never enough. Two doners is too much.  :D
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Remember the old plaka in James Street. Many a steak the lot devoured after leaving Eagle one

Manchild, Ngawyni likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    Prima Doner
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited November 2020
    What Para said double meat a must chicken or beef I'm easy, plus garlic sauce.
    Is Doner..is good!

Years ago there used to be a cracking kebab shop across the road from the Paddo but haven't been there for yonks.
    edited November 2020
    For those that have met me, im a big lad and i didnt get that way not knowing where to get a good kebab. My best in order -

Stirling Kebabs (home made pita bread)
    Springs Kebabs
    El Greco Cafe (greek style and a bit different but quality)
    Medeya Kebabs Inglewood
    Nazar Herdsman Kebabs

Please post your best... im always happy to drive somewhere on a recommendation

Thunderstruck, spinking, jum likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Try Ali Baba on Kooyong road Rivervale Para. Was my favourite till they out rid of the shish the lot. Still do a pretty mean kebab though
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Chris said:

By the end of the card @hash would be odds on to double race 1 into race 3, the kebab into a Mrs Macs.

My body is a temple thankyou very much
    On a side note last nights pizza cold for breakfast this morning went down a treat ^:)^

thefalcon, jum, spinking, Notapuntas likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    paraletic said:

Chris said:

Bit unItalian of you to not add extra garlic sauce?
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts

What Para said double meat a must chicken or beef I'm easy, plus garlic sauce.
    Is Doner..is good!

Years ago there used to be a cracking kebab shop across the road from the Paddo but haven't been there for yonks.

It's now called Hummus and it does different hummus bowls. It's fucking horrible
    Istanbul Kitchen North Perth. Getting fresh turkish bread out of the oven is unbeatable and the kebabs are quality

Thunderstruck, thefalcon, paraletic likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ spot on, bomber..
    hash said:

paraletic said:

Chris said:

Bit unItalian of you to not add extra garlic sauce?

Nah bro the ladies arent a fan of the garlic sauce =))

Chris, hash likes this post.

• TrainTrain    186 posts
    R1- ACROMANTULA has had three preparations consisting of a trial win each but gets to the races now and looks smart. Has led in all of his trials and run slick time so expect him to produce a forward showing on debut. Draws barrier one in a small field to try and lead them over the short course as there is a bit of speed engaged. If he can hold the lead he should give a good kick into the straight.

R2- JEDI MIND has been trialling nicely and brings some very good trial form to the races here. He was narrowly beaten by Outback Jack who is handy and has beaten three other subsequent winners in a trial where he was forced to quicken in restricted room. Was slow out there but at his second trial was much more professional when jumping cleanly and breezing before putting the leaders away quickly. From barrier one on debut may try to kick through and lead and he looks smart.

R3- AT WAR showed a return to form last start when stepping out to 1200 for the first time. Found himself a long way back on the fence but was able to get clear and finish off well to be just over 2L from Beau Zoom in a fast run race. Prior to that ran into two smart Peters horses in class ones when bellow his best. Has seemed to appreciate being ridden cold and if they ride him like that again sticking to 1200 he can finally break through.

R4- LORD LONSDALE was scratched from Saturday to be saved for this. This race looks much easier than what he would have faced there and he looks like getting an easier time in front. Goes straight from 1400 to 1800 second up Kieran Mcdonagh knows how to get horses fit and this horse looks like he’ll just keep going. Won his maiden rolling along in fast time and no reason he can’t win again.

R5- MISS ZEDEL was a super trial over 1450 prior to her first up run which was really good in a nice race. That was a 0MWLY race and now comes back to a class three and steps out in trip marginally but she’ll appreciate it nonetheless. Should get a few more favours in the run here drawn in barrier four which should allow her to be midfield with cover and not being forced to make an early move like last start when drawn wide.

R6- BEAU ZOOM backed up his Victorian form with an impressive maiden win. Sat outside the leader and won running away from them in really fast time. Now has to make his way through the classes starting with a relatively strong class one but he looks progressive and should be able to win a more than just a class one. Looks to either lead or sit in the breeze again and was brilliant enough to suggest coming back to 1100 may be suitable.

R7- HOLYOAKE jumped from 1000 to 1400 second up and sustained a run to win her maiden. Her 2yo runs and lead up trial were both good prior to an underwhelming return over the short course but she’s neither bred or built for speed and the last start win proved she just needed the extra trip and she sticks to that trip here. The field she beat was just an average bunch but this field isn’t much tougher and she should improve at her second run over 1400 and maps to get a very similar run to last start.

R8- Best Bet: TONKATUFF has struck form and knows how to hold it. Has won two of his last four, both in this grade and placed at his other two runs in that space. Has had to get a long way back in his races but may finally get a chance to settle a little closer from two in a race without an abundance of tempo. Rises 1kg on his last start win and brings the best form into this and can easily make it three wins from his last five.

R9- SNICKERDOODLEDANDY got a long back and found traffic first up in the Belgravia. Her run was just about equal to the winners who was very impressive and gets a 2kg weight swing on that filly here. 1200 looked too short for her and will continue to get better as the distances increase but she should still be able to go very close 1400. Barrier four gives Chris Parnham a lot of options and he has chosen to ride this filly over a multitude of other runners.

R10- COOKING WITH GAS has a lot of issues and was briefly retired earlier this year but is pretty smart. Was very impressive in Geraldton late last year winning two on the spin and beat a couple of handy ones in Kenyluck and Midnight Rocket in fast time before a spell. As a horse with niggles his best runs are probably his fresh ones and Chris Parnham on looks a sign of intent. Will settle back from the gate but by the last it may be a good spot.
    Wow Jedi Mind, theres your black booker

and its that man Brad Parnham again.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    Bunbury R8  Am I missing something? How is Dignity Bay @ $61? Has it lost a leg?
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    lol  Perth racing  nothing like a saturday class horse running on a **** card  on melb cup day at a 1.50 and get rolled perth racing going good lol.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    should have been $3 in that field Mailman.. massive unders. the horse has tricks... thats why its racing in midweekers in WA. 
    Yeah i see they liked the winner  give me a spell.
  • I love how you back $1.40 pops mailman and then shit the bed. It’s amusing
    I have been told i have a talent for amusing very low IQ and small minded  individuals glad i was able to help you out =)).
  • Please just keep backing $1.40 pops mailman
    edited November 2020
    I am a very slower learner with very low IQ so i say its a good chance i will  someone has to fund the at times average  form.Happy Melb cup day.
    Brad Parnham.

That is all
    Gee Jade had a "nearly" day didn't she. I was on Jedi Mind and Magical Dream.....I've been on Magical Dream since her last won for the Kingston Town, wouldn't swap the ticket at the moment