G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 23 Non Members

Melbourne Cup 3.11.2020.

East Coast Racing

Comments

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    Great effort - five wins in 20 years for the Hayes famly in this race - race 1 at Flemington:

2020: Finance Tycoon
    2019: Hard Landing
    2006: Husson Lightning
    2005: Nadeem
    1999: Langoustine
  • wedgewedge    266 posts
    Odds Republic field is up and it's no wonder Rob Waterhouse wants to take bets for Surprise Baby

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Disgusting ride by JMac on Joviality.
    That was a “I don’t give a f**k” ride. Should get weeks.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• YankeeYankee    299 posts
    detonator said:

Disgusting ride by JMac on Joviality.

That was a “I don’t give a f**k” ride. Should get weeks.
    Don't normally talk through my pocket but that was shameful not giving any chance at all why bother running.

detonator likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

Anthony Van Dyck if not for Bowman's Shane Dye impression wins the Caulfield Cup comfortably. Remember that the violins were out for the runner up after it defeated Stradivarius. Despite the weight If it stays the two miles it will win the Cup.

I usually ignore horses that have run unsuccessfully in the race previously...One way to limit the field.... However I would love to see Steel Prince run a big race and not because of the Pike factor but the horse raced a bit keen early before staying on and only beaten a couple of lengths last year when rumoured not to be 100%. Worth an each way bet.

Steel Prince has spent a whole year preparing for only one race. He did well last year, and ata guess has probably had many km's pumped into his body in preparation. The barrier doesn't help, but if he can settle in the first half of the field he has as much chance as any to be there at the end.

be a good story for Pike too...how did he get a walk up ride on a horse like this!?!?!?
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited November 2020
    Cup humour with a tweet televised last night suggesting that the VRC have requested all horses take a knee prior to the start of the cup.

Manchild likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Giddy up Ratings for the cup are

21 Tiger Moth
    5 Sir Dragonet
    15 Russian Camelot
    1 Anthony Van Dyke

Have a $1 on this and the tri. Stranger things have happened.

I've had a bunch of mysteries and will be cheering for Surprise Baby and Prince of Arran. Good luck all
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    BOOO that b.s :-&
    Prince Of Arran is awesome never ever runs badly
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    go back to page 1 and have a geezer....great tip, voodoo..... :-bd
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Europe go Bang Bang Bang....1 - 2 - 3 in the Melbourne Cup. When the acid is applied, when it gets tough, when it becomes a true staying test...you know who to look for - the Europeans. The locals...no chance...they don't run through walls like the Europeans do. A total overhaul is needed in the industry in Australia. They have become absolutely obssessed with speed.

Thunderstruck, Ngawyni dislikes this post.

Sad to see another import get euthanized, becoming a common thing of late..the welfare mobs are tuning their speeches at the minute.
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    And they've got a case. What is it with these internationals?

RIO likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Sad indeed Thunder.

Excellent effort from the winner. Great courage to win the way it did. Fantastic for the young jockey. A brilliant ride that deserves all the accolades bestowed his way.
    edited November 2020
    Ngawyni said:

And they've got a case. What is it with these internationals?

Do not know but it's is not a good look at all agree.

Old mate PC.has a giant hard on about the imports trifecta while arguably the best horse from the region is dead as a doornail and two others were euthanized in recent weeks :-q
    Agree
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Six deaths since 2013. Before that Three Crowns in 1998. Before rhat nothing for about 20 odd years...maybe more.
    That's not counting the number of internationals that have died here in the lead up to the race - 2 this year - Wichita and Involved.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    There’s something about them getting off the plane and going to Werribee for sure.  They need to sort it out as it’s not good enough

RIO likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    PC said:

Europe go Bang Bang Bang....1 - 2 - 3 in the Melbourne Cup. When the acid is applied, when it gets tough, when it becomes a true staying test...you know who to look for - the Europeans. The locals...no chance...they don't run through walls like the Europeans do. A total overhaul is needed in the industry in Australia. They have become absolutely obssessed with speed.

Why ?
    For one novelty race a year ?
    How many Europeans win our big sprint / mile races ?
    Do they need to overhaul their industry so they can compete (against us) in those ?
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Tivers said:

PC said:

Why ?
    For one novelty race a year ?
    How many Europeans win our big sprint / mile races ?
    Do they need to overhaul their industry so they can compete (against us) in those ?

Euro horses have won mile races in the past in Aust. They are imports.

Aust racing is only good for speed. Sprints.
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    thefalcon said:

go back to page 1 and have a geezer....great tip, voodoo..... :Thanks mate....

thefalcon said:

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I've just read that K McEvoy was fined $50,000 and copped 13 meetings for breaching whip rule on Tiger Moth.

You would literally get less for killing someone.

detonator, oldhendo, spinking, thefalcon likes this post.

• VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    Mick Dittman would need a broker if he rode under these conditions......

oldhendo, spinking, thefalcon likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited November 2020
    TheDiva said:

Granted inexperienced, but cross counter and rekindling won as 3yos.

It's still the right template for finding the cup winner going forward. Maybe only four career starts prior to the cup isn't enough, though? Should be back next year you'd think.
    Chris said:

Impossible as always. Still enamored with Russian Camelot. 

The Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Randwick next Autumn is shaping as a helluva race. Verry Elleegant, Addeyebb, Russian Camelot all look likely starters.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ plus maybe one of Bob's....Superstorm..did you cop his run in the eagle last saturday?

therealkramer likes this post.

I'm interested to see how Arcadia Queen goes in the Mackinnon this Saturday @thefalcon . She's the early fav at around 2-1

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Jamie Kah, was the ride on Prince Of Arran half a butcher job ? or just bad luck? I backed him too so I'll fence sit, however I saw Charlie Fellowes interviewed and i swear he looked dejected as in "this was his year with a better ride we win" type of look, diplomacy saw him praise the ride but I'm sure he felt with better luck/ride he beats the winner(was beaten 0.6 of a length at the line)

Will say he was too far back for sure from gate 1(as was Verry Ellegant)but Jamie does tend ride her mounts back a bit at times.

Michael Walker must STILL be beating himself up for changing tack what a shithouse decision jumping off was(arguably wins the race or at least fairs as well on the Prince as JK did yesty)

thefalcon likes this post.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts

Chris said:

Impossible as always. Still enamored with Russian Camelot. 

The Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Randwick next Autumn is shaping as a helluva race. Verry Elleegant, Addeyebb, Russian Camelot all look likely starters.
    I’ll be on Sir Dragonet on a usual bog track to beat them all 
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    The old warrior POA was absolutly charging at the end. D.Dunn was pretty critical of her ride from the pole he thought she should of had him closer to the lead and not in the ruck in the middle of the field. He really deserves to win one . Will we see him back next year? i personally hope so 

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.