Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

WHERE ARE THESE GUYS?

West Australian Racing

Comments

• loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Flanders said:

thefalcon said:

shaun o'donnell is very quiet at the moment. the justine erklands winner today was ridden by

peter k. shaun normally does most of her riding. 

Shaun has been enjoying his 50th birthday celebrations the last few weeks.
    That went fast, met SOD when he first started riding as a teenager in Kalgoorlie, when I was up there & had a small shares in a few slow horses.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    where is jeremy hustwitt these days?
    mark sestich?
  • licklick    305 posts
    There was at one time very close at Belmont racecourse a "Give Way" sign - which someone with a texture pen wrote "Give George Way a kick in the ****". 
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Jeremy Hustwitt is apprentice master or was . M.Sestich is N.Parnhams foreman
    yes, mark was based in melb. haven't see/heard boo about him lately.
  • shothrushothru    243 posts
    Flanders said:

thefalcon said:

shaun o'donnell is very quiet at the moment. the justine erklands winner today was ridden by

peter k. shaun normally does most of her riding. 

Shaun has been enjoying his 50th birthday celebrations the last few weeks.
    thefalcon said:

mark sestich?

thefalcon said:

mark sestich?

Ses rececently had a shoulder opp. From an old injury, but is back on deck at Niftys
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Speaking of people from the past, whatever happened to that person called "Della" if thats what their name was. Didnt this person own this website or was an admin/moderator for this website

There are names from the past that I used to see on this forum that I don't see nowdays.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    Della.... Don't mention the war..... I suspect he is on here with an alias or two

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

Della.... Don't mention the war..... I suspect he is on here with an alias or two

Lock that in Slip
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    I'm sorry am I missing something? What war. What happened?

Two good memories here.. to this day never seen an electrifying sprint and finish that Hollydoll Girl had. Saw her several times "come from the clouds" ..gosh she was a favourite.

The other one..was at Perth Oval...Royals getting done to a dinner..my bets on for the day also no good...a bleak day..ok bugger going back to the tab at half time, instead will whisk down to the Claisebrook station and catch the train out to Belmont Park to have a crack on a George Way roughie a place...look can't remember it's name, but was definetly saddlecloth number one - and first thing noticed in the mounting yard it had a quite few bandages on - not to worry - he's not a bad trainer this bloke - and if this horse is half right it's a show - might have been a case of out of form but down in class - anyway at about 6/1 or 7/1 a place it ran 2nd or 3rd - and helped turn a shocker of a day around.

The things you remember!

Hollydoll named after his daughter
    spinking said:

Jeremy Hustwitt is apprentice master or was . M.Sestich is N.Parnhams foreman

Jeremy still looking after the apprentices
    what about graham lambie?
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    Falcon ---Graham 'Bluey' lambie sure his pushing up daisys.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Yes, Bluey died maybe 6 or 7 years ago.Very good rider.
    thanks guys, taken way too early..
    what about john nelson, les burgess & does anyone remember michael sullivan?
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    Tragically John Nelson also has passed on.....few years ago in Carnarvon.
    i stayed with john and his wife rae when in singapore many moons ago.
    Falcon didn't J.nelson marry K.Plunketts ex wife Marion I think her name was. L. Burgess had a stroke a while back and lives in Mornington
    Bluey Lambie was Lornas nuisance jock? , think she won 3 Hannah's

JayJay likes this post.

And La Trice as well, when Ted Greig trained her.....think Bluey won a Railway on her as a 3YO, maybe a Karrakatta Plate the year before?
    ^^ gee whiz thats a voyage back in time. wasn't there a railway protest involving LT. carried the white purple maltese cross of the edwards family.
    edited November 2020
    Certainly was.....the Railway Stakes, maybe 1 or 2 years after LaTrice won it (with Bluey riding her). 1970, I think. Kilrickle was awarded the race on protest after LaTrice was first past the post after sustaining interference shortly after the start. Frank Treen rode Kilrickle and Johnny Miller rode LaTrice. I remember it all too well, there was a huge outcry but I was firmly in Kilrickles camp, both from my pocket and family allegiance. My Aunty Sylvia's (nee McNair) husband Ted Sullivan trained Kilrickle who was a serious, serious horse over multiple distances. I think a week later after "winning" the Railway he ran  3rd in the Perth Cup (3200m) to Artello Bay, and then a week later, won the Imperial Stakes over a mile and a half. What a training performance from a marvelous old trainer Ted was and Aunty Sylv was all done up in her best frock and hat for a fortnight. Should Kilrickle have got the protest (it was beaten 2 lengths)? With hindsight of 50 years probably not but that was one battle in the stewards room that Treeny got one over JJ. Kilrickle was owned by a couple of brothers, Connaughtons I think.
    ^^ didn't Ted. S. have a horse called al dakhil? always use to win a race on anzac day. the 25th was a huge day at ascot but alas...... >:P
    Ted was a great horseman who loved Diggers Cup day, another victim of the "new direction and priorities" that have overtaken racing of all codes since that cesspit of an institution was erected in Burswood..... an institution that has destroyed the fabric of racing as we knew it and one which RWWA seems to have great difficulty navigating around.
  • I lived in Belmont in the 80s and 90s does anyone know what become of Hollywoods son Greg.
    That were great days and i learnt quite a few 'tricks" off George and his crew. I was working as a blower they were great days
    whats a "blower"? :-??
    Selling advertising in publications over the phone Falcon. What Stewie Shenton took to after his calling gig come to a abrupt halt
    yeah, with noel w.
    stewie not so good, smashed his ankle and is in a "home".