G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 22 Non Members

Comments

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    Nothing csn be done when you are up against W Pike when he is at jis Magic Best.
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    GLAMOUR said:

Nothing csn be done when you are up against W Pike when he is at his Magic Best.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited November 2020
    Hey Kramer, Just had a look at the race, hard viewing for me when i see gatting getting back that far, first time i have viewed it since the race but anyway.... i see Variation never got closer than 3/4 length to the velvet king. He did go out hard tho. Not sure either horse did themselves any favours, but i dont think either can blame the other for cutting at each other.
  • shothrushothru    243 posts
    paraletic said:

he is good for wa racing as his horses put us on the map across australia but bad for wa racing owners who front up with a decent horse and constantly get rolled by an endless sea of his listed and group level runners in pinjarra maidens.

So we are on the map across Australia, not really anything new there, Northerly, Placid Arc Rogan Josh etc etc etc,, But does racing in wa, really benifet from that in any way? But your second point about a Pinjarra maiden is very valid, Also Adam made the trip to Geraldton a few times, not sure if he took some of Bobs there?
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited November 2020
    paraletic said:

Hey Kramer, Just had a look at the race, hard viewing for me when i see gatting getting back that far, first time i have viewed it since the race but anyway.... i see Variation never got closer than 3/4 length to the velvet king. He did go out hard tho. Not sure either horse did themselves any favours, but i dont think either can blame the other for cutting at each other.

TVK was mapped to get an easy or uncontested lead-that obviously never eventuated. The horse was always going to be a risk at 1600m if it was truly run, as was Samizdat. Compared to the Guineas, the Railway was ~15 lengths quicker thru the first 1000m and ~12 lengths quicker overall

WA Guineas 1:37.84(First 1000m: 62.97, Last 600m: 34.87)
    Railway Hcp 1:35.89(First 1000m: 60.53, Last 600m: 35.36)
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Interesting data, im not a time/length/benchmark guru at all so can now see where you are coming from with the data.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    I'm definitely no guru-I usually refer to the times when I'm trying to confirm what I believe my eyes have seen. The Railway was set up for those that run on, The KT definitely wasn't and Regal Power had the flashing light on when a slashing 6th
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Another factor not mentioned on here previously that I recall is that a lot of the other top shelf horses in the state get sold off (Hong Kong etc) whereas bob doesn’t sell his.
    Hence forth to a degree his are the last left standing - not to say they wouldn’t be dominant anyway, but that reduction in competition makes it yet easier.

therealkramer likes this post.

• LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Hey Tivers, I have flicked you a pm.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    tivs, would you care to name a few as you say "a lot of other top shelf horses in the state get sold off..."
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Talladega, imasingleman, cryptic wonder, Apache pass are all horses to have been sold off
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    edited November 2020
    No one sells mares to Honkers, and mares are the backbone of Bob's empire. He just breeds faster horses.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    thefalcon said:

tivs, would you care to name a few as you say "a lot of other top shelf horses in the state get sold off..."

every horse sold from here to HK (or other destinations) ?
    Not to say they were G1 horses here - that’s the point. Sold off before get to that (and competing against Bobs).

Not saying that’s everything, but it’s certainly another contributing factor.

thefalcon, Manchild, jum likes this post.