In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts

detonator said:

thefalcon said:

wait!! :-B

Will you make up the difference if my price goes Falc ?  ;)

3.80 or 4.40 boosted on Sports Bet now..their boost is as good or better than most i would guess. 
    $3.80>>>$3.85 for me :-q #-o
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    in a word..."No"...
    it depends on who rides kay cee...but imho she cannot win..the KT, yes but on sat. no.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I would have though J Brown gets the call up for the stable now. Could pick up a few good ones
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited November 2020
    Agree with Falc Brad will or should go on to their stables best horse/winning chance.

No offence but I don't want J Brown on Kay Cee.

Manchild likes this post.

• LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Can’t change riders after they’ve been locked in

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

U serious? The Other horse is in their stable why can't they sub out?
    i think the stable, under the circumstance can say "letsdothis" without any problems with the authorities.... :-B
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Otherwise everyone would name the worst jockey, get a price then replace with top jock raceday.
    It would compromise the integrity of the betting. Imagine if grant and Alana swapped W.Pike off for a bush jockey? Imagine all the punters that would’ve already placed their bet

It would compromise the integrity of the betting. Imagine if grant and Alana swapped W.Pike off for a bush jockey? Imagine all the punters that would’ve already placed their bet

I see your point to some degree but with extenuating circumstances they may allow it may not, same stable helps maybe..assume Nev will be trying this option but idk.

Anyway she drops in winning probability if Brad isn't allowed to jump off Platoon imo, other potential riders have likely never sat on her that's some disadvantage.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited November 2020
    No it shouldn't be allowed. Integrity is the aim of the game. You replace the injured jock only, not a chain reaction of jockeys. But anything can happen in the wild wild west

LETSDOTHIS likes this post.

i could never imagine G&A swapping willy with a bushie....stupid comparison, letsdoit..

para old mate, i can see no lack of integrity here. the stable has 2 live chances and are in a hell of a predicament. ideally they would most likely swap brad from platoon to kay cee but the owners of platoon would be p*ssed off. so what does Nev do? talk to blokes who have platoon? has a yarn to the stewards and try to hammer out an outcome?
    remember not too many good hoops sitting in the jocks room.
    sit tight, all will be revealed....
    Yep I don't think there is much of an integrity issue in this instance because it's stablemates and their best horse needs the best jockey who was injured due to the actions of other dickhead jockeys.

May not fly with the stripes i concede but fair bump play on imo.

thefalcon likes this post.

Yes it was a wild example, but if you give people an inch they’ll take a mile. It would set a bad precedent moving forward if it occurred. There’s no way they’ll let Brad swap mounts unless Platoon is scratched.

savethegame likes this post.

ffs there has been some stupid comments on this thread.."otherwise everybody would name the worse jockey, get a price and then replace with a top jock on raceday"
    this is a unique situation, its a group 1 race, the regular rider for a top fancy is injured, the stable has another horse engaged....
    its a dilemma i would not like to have. luckily it will not be drawn out, has to be settled by noon tomorrow i would think...
    which jocks are in the room without a sit in the group 1?
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Falcon if there’s no scratchings in the Guineas are you happy for Pikey to switch to Magical Dream?  Same stable so all good right?

There is no way this should be allowed and I actually took the early price for Kay Cee but that’s what you get sometimes betting early, I expected her to shorten.  

LETSDOTHIS likes this post.

Sure  once betting started  a rule was introduced that when a rider was to be replaced he had to be of equal ability in stewards eyes, as the rider he is replacing......,  Every trick in racing has been tried.----- ok we see in this instance, different  circumstances but with intergrity -- it just becomes bad luck sir.
     Platoon has to be scratched if they require Brad P. for kaycee --------May be punters  have backed platoon because of Brad's use of whip in lefthand and the form he is in. Stewards are to  there to protect .punters who provide the stakemoney at the end of the day..  

.."Otherwise everybody would name the worse jockey, get a price and then replace with a top jock on raceday"    Don't worry this has been done over the years---and manipulation of jockey challenges. Only hitting it home in this instance------why you cant  change. Even  if you sack the rider stewards would call you in to ask what is the situation regards % payments to sacked jockey after final acceptances and the new rider wouldn't be able to transfer from another horse in the race after acceptances

precision you have the wrong end of the stick...you are talking of just randon switches because of a scratching.
    this is entirely different...
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Jason Brown confirmed as the rider for Kay Cee
    Falcon think Mitchell Patemans compass works alright,would fit the bill as a replacement
    Jason Brown confirmed as expected. The only way Brad Parnham was getting that ride was if Platoon was scratched.

oldhendo likes this post.

edited November 2020
    thefalcon said:

precision you have the wrong end of the stick...you are talking of just randon switches because of a scratching.

this is entirely different...

The Dudley do rights have had their day Falc..us in the minority conscientious objectors have to suck eggs..no surprise it went that way and idrc but for this.....
    They better wind Kay Cee out at LEAST a point as soon as Tabtouch updates it's race page with the new rider on..
    ^^ i think thats a given, thunder...yep could be a point and a half......maybe, just maybe 2 points.. @-)

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Brown his got a perth cup for nifty- luna tudor
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I hope Brown comes out and shits all over the haters.

Flanders likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

I hope Brown comes out and shits all over the haters.

Pun intended?  :-? ;))

Thunderstruck, Manchild likes this post.

:)) and beats your Platoon a lip in the process @H?

No hating from me BUT if anyone thinks there is no disadvantage losing Steve off the mare their dreaming.
    Has lived on this horse for the best part of 2 years plus ridden every race probably every track gallop and all her trials bar one it's his baby!.I hope she wins too and while I don't think she is that quirky jumping on her for the first time ever in maybe the biggest race of the year carries plenty of pressure.
    Go well Jason Brown, do it for Stevie(and yourself of course)and ride her like no horse before.

Saw Steve's interview on ch9 from his hospital bed he seems in good spirits(3 broken ribs, punctured lung as well as the collarbone, those 500kg fuckers hurt when they roll straight over the top of you I believe)and I'm sure Dad will look after him should she win but I feel for the guy i really do.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

Sorry I'm late in the conversation here.

But what is the difference with Willy Pike taking the ride of Dalasan off Billy Egan in the Caulfield cup. After Billy Egan was a confirmed booking.

I thought if Stewards okayed it. Then it was fine. 

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited November 2020
    thefalcon said:

ffs there has been some stupid comments on this thread.."otherwise everybody would name the worse jockey, get a price and then replace with a top jock on raceday"

this is a unique situation, its a group 1 race, the regular rider for a top fancy is injured, the stable has another horse engaged....
    its a dilemma i would not like to have. luckily it will not be drawn out, has to be settled by noon tomorrow i would think...

yes the regular was injured. So replace him. Dont fark up the others and the punters that have backed Platoon. The right decision was made. End of story.