G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 44 Non Members
R1- LONG BEACH may simply be a better horse when ridden cold. Drawn six in the six horse field he gets the opportunity to be ridden that way in a race that should set up nicely for him. Was brilliant winning his first three this campaign when ridden in the back half of the field and is now reunited with Pike. Speed should be pretty solid for a small field and he can go back to last and bide his time and save him for one run.

R2- FLYING MISSILE cruised around at her sole public appearance over 400m. Began cleanly, mustered speed and maintained that speed to win in slick time. Things are going to be tougher on race day but she looks pretty professional and if she can jump here from barrier one and hold the lead it’ll be a massive advantage. For a field of 2yos there aren’t too many who look like they’ll attack for the front and that’s a another big help.

R3- PADDY’S SHADOW was a month between runs back to 1600 last start and was a good run over the shorter trip. Has placed twice at her two runs over staying trips this prep when beaten narrowly behind Leading Girl and Double Digit which looks good form here. Hit the line well last start in a slowly run mile that should have her primed to run out a strong 2200 and looks like she will be winning a distance race in the near future.

R4- MYSTICAL VIEW wasn’t appreciating the distance increases she was being faced with so the team have changed tack. Was a first up winner of a class one before running second in the Belgravia on her way to the Champion Fillies. Was well beaten last start in that race and now backs up back to 1200 and gets both blinkers and Pike on. Speed should be solid here so she can drop back to last from the outside gate and only has to run down seven rivals.

R5- SOPHIE’S SONG looks very well placed here back in grade and distance. She’s a better horse at Ascot and both her runs since returning to HQ have been good including last start when leading over 1600 and running second beating a subsequent winner in Naughty By Nature. She’s a much better horse at 1400 and should be able to breeze at a moderate tempo in this field. Should be approaching peak fitness at her fifth run in and gets a senior rider on.

R6- Best Bet: DOM TO SHOOT was the victim of a farcical tempo in the Fairetha. Was a Herculean effort to get within 1.5L of the winner and although they’re not going to fly here, expect they’ll go a fair bit faster and that will bring him right into it. His two runs prior against the older horses were super and from the middle draw he can sit a little closer but still in the three deep line where he seems to appreciate being. Meets almost all of his last start rivals better at the weights and looks like relishing 1600.

R7- RATION ALY may not be as well weighted as some of her rivals but she is super progressive. Went undefeated in three runs at the back end of Winter and now is ready to tackle the summer fillies and mares series. Beat some handy horses in sharp times last prep including one of her main rivals here in TYCOON STORM and may have improved in her two months off. Her trial on Monday was quality in slick time when never extended.

R8- TOO CLOSE THE SUN stretched the neck of INSPIRATIONAL GIRL first up at 1400 after parading very plain. Was a marked improver second up both in the yard and on the track when working to cross and breaking their hearts over 1800 producing a serious figure. Backing up here should be super fit and he will be looking to work across from the deep again to lead or breeze. Dropping back to 1600 expect Azzopardi to have him rolling before the turn to really make his rivals work to catch him.

R9- PYM’S ROYALE runs his best races fresh and is a month between runs here. Couldn’t catch the leader in a slowly run Hannans two back before making good ground on a leaders day in the Northam cup. Looks like he may be back to his best after a good mid prep trial and the pads come off suggesting the camp are on top of his issues. Will go back and look for cover just off midfield from nine and in a race without serious tempo he has turn of foot to out sprint his rivals.
+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Comments

• JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    What are the stewards doing taking Pat Carbery off Laverrod. 

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    carbery is booked for stageman in the w/bottom, laverrod is also engaged so stewards have allowed knuckey to get a feel for the horse.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    thefalcon said:

is also engaged so stewards have allowed knuckey to get a feel 

Thank god in this day and age you don't have to be engaged to get a feel.

JimmyPop, Manchild likes this post.

• JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    edited November 2020
    So it appears Brad Parnham could have ridden Kay Cee if he wanted to. He might be riding it in the Kingston Town, so he might want to have a feel.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited November 2020
    R3 - Mosseratti
    He's been super consistent lately and there's no reason he can't be in
    the finish again. He should lead and have a chance to control the pace.

R5 - Butterlea Lad
    Another one that has been consistent this prep except two starts back
    when a blood test showed he had a virus. Should lead easily and be there
    in the finish with only 52.5kg on his back.

R6 - First Law
    As most years with the Guineas there's multiple winning chances. His
    last run in the Fairetha was good going down 0.3L after fading just at
    the finish. Blinkers go on for the step up to 1600m.

R7 - Money Maher
    Beaten 3L in to 7th in the Asian Beau but it was a huge first up run.
    He basically raced off the track the whole trip and still ran home strong.

Staying out of the Railway Stakes but top 4 are:
    Inspirational Girl
    Kay Cee
    Kementari
    Material Man

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Love Railway day. Won't be out there but will be playing these each way all day. Won't elaborate too much on the selections

Carocapo - small field suits and big improvement expected second up at 1200m

Gorgeous Gossip - Liked the trial

Adornment - senior jock on, stronger rider and can turn tables on fav

Chantorque - still on the up and any improvement means a win

Sophie's Song - back to a 66+ and 1400m with the in form B Parnham.

Dom to Shoot (best) - massive in the lead up, under mild vigour flattened out full of running after siting deep the trip

Special Choice - last win looks good on paper and get Pike back in the saddle. Underrated mare sits handy from 4 and can hold them off

Platoon - been on all prep. Owes me nothing and again at big price. Back to handicap conditions massive plus. The 3rd last year was a far superior race.

Point Taken - maddie to end the day in an open race but he's been huge last 2 at 1400m and don't need much on each way at the end of the day.

Ridersonthestorm33, hash likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Two smokies a drum in a tough Railway - Taxagano & Cup Night.
    One of them to be there when the whips are cracking.

oldhendo likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited November 2020
    My first tip is Train will tip about 5 winners..would like it to be known in the Guineas i tipped Dom To Shoot before a couple of you "ringins" did :P
    The Warwick trained Phanta at 20s may run super well and should be improved off the ripper run in the Fairetha.

The staying race lottery my "ball" fell with Great Waters who i think can step up in grade and possibly win, will have a saver on the fav and Jell's tip can definitely place..but is a nonny to be fair.

R4 Queen Brown with even luck and back to 1200 can beat these based on that dead set unlucky Belgravia run, looks a good competitive race however.

Western Empire wins race 5 If it misses a run in the Guineas..otherwise Tiff Has Spoken is the testing material.

In the lucky last my semi maddie is Luke's Gold why cant he run a cracker yet again?? Still ran well on a less preferred heavy track last week and the 7 day backup should be ok(won 1 recently off this gap)just needs some cover this time @Lucy and should be very strong late..ew all day this bloke.

Great day of premium W.A racing as stated, good luck and drink responsibly .
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited November 2020
    Don't want to beat my own drum 8-| but did mention about 18 months ago - Uni Time future Railway Stakes horse!

However nah, just making up the numbers and at clickety click to one, no chance...or :-?.... nope pass.
  • GoddGodd    199 posts
    Few rough hopes today
    R1-1ew
    R2-13 ew
    R3-3-9ew
    R4-4w
    R5-10place
    R6-4-8ew
    R7-8ew
    R8-1ew the 12 a watch at odds
    R9-1-3-5 all overs
    The 1.01 pop lobs with Magical Dream out of the Guineas.

Flanders likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Western Empire is still in both races 
    hurry up you clowns ??
    edited November 2020
    Still haven't scr Western Empire from R5.. its not hard ffs.

* just late scratched WE as i typed the message lol

Eddie C crunched into 2.75 this morning R4 and
    Too Close The Sun now into 4.60...
    Basically Bob thinks Western Empire is a better chance from barrier 15 than Magical Dream. I hope they still go the KT with Magical Dream.

Disappointing as had Magical Dream into Inspirational Girl early on as a small all in double. You are just on a hiding to nothing backing Bob's horses in all in markets
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Corps playing Games
    Western R was 5 bucks now is 6 bucks
    if it was scratched from the Guineas the deductions would have been more

• psychopsycho    652 posts

Still haven't scr Western Empire from R5.. its not hard ffs.

* just late scratched WE as i typed the message lol

Eddie C crunched into 2.75 this morning R4 and
    Too Close The Sun now into 4.60...

Still getting over the LGBQTI etc etc etc celebrations and "activities" from last nights GP meeting perhaps, washing all the rainbow coloured rugs that were put in the bin immediately after being awarded to people who don't give a rats "first class"
    Haha Western Empire now listed as a "late" scratching in Race 5. Wonder what the reason is?

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    Lonsdale Lady
    Cup Night
    Is it fair to say that if Flower Of War doesn't win R7 then she won't win again for a long time? A m97 back to F&M that gets in with 57.5kg.

She was hammered in the betting last start even though 1000m is too short for her. Back up to 1200m here.
    When they are "absolutely thrown in" they generally don't perform. Well that's my perception. I was against her with Special Choice, until is it was scratched..

JimmyPop, Yankee likes this post.

edited November 2020
    Where is Chloe Azz atm she used to have good success on FOW leading them up.Only thing I note is this looks similar conditions etc to her Charleson win in April when she had the same weight and led throughout.I was planning to sit this race out but numerous beers in..i better have an alternate plan which may/may not include her at this stage.
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Chloe is out injured for the next 2-3 weeks

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Cheers Lets.
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Absolutely ridiculous roughies for the big races, a little ew on each

Guineas - Reign of Fire

Railway - Spiritual Warrior

• HotJulesHotJules    226 posts
    squid69 said:

Absolutely ridiculous roughies for the big races, a little ew on each

Guineas - Reign of Fire

Railway - Spiritual Warrior

Second time I have had SW thrown into the conversation.  First time was from a good judge.  Last night we looked and was 151 fixed now 101.
    Reign Of Fire is a terrific price for the place and should blow out some more.

Carocapo B-)
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    That protest in the first could of easily been upheld
    Parnham stops riding loses momentum when the winner shifts in pulls around heels and is taking ground off the winner late
    Welcome back William :x
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    hash said:

That protest in the first could of easily been upheld
    Parnham stops riding loses momentum when the winner shifts in pulls around heels and is taking ground off the winner late

From what I saw on the head-on, the run wasn't really there for Chris to take... that might have had something to do with the decision i guess
    F#ck me if that's how my day starts I fear the rest of it.

Mosseratti 100% places and possibly even wins if he gets out at the 200m. That was a tough watch ~X(