• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Shaun McGruddy =D>

thefalcon likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Wow............
    Oh Sophie everywhere but the post >:P
    Have to watch it again but some camel hampered the Pontiff FMD..steams home while the "best 3yo in w.a" wins it..Spruiking talks on this occasion..
    Yeah Dom unlucky in the run and gee he let down when clear, for a fleeting moment I thought....a place was still good, it's been a great day what ever happens
    Gee there could be 6 or more 3yos going to the KT this year
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    Super ride Mitch Pateman on Miss Frost.
    Flower of War proved she isn't going any good.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Have to watch it again but some camel hampered the Pontiff FMD..steams home while the "best 3yo in w.a" wins it..Spruiking talks on this occasion..

Looked like Brave Angel who dragged DTS back, when clear he put 6 on that plodder f it..luck of the green I guess with a big field and half of them out of their depth nothing new.
    ILY W Pike :x :x

Yankee likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    Yawn. The only exciting thing about that race was Uni Time's run.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Jell said:

Yawn. The only exciting thing about that race was Uni Time's run.

Another win for owner Bob Peters. The only way Bob isn't as successful is in the eastern states - where the level in the east is better and much tougher then WA racing.

But Bob really is extremely hard to beat in WA racing.
    Defied the Tabform jonah to boot.

Hopefully any of you blokes that even think about backing Cameltari again have a good look at yourselves.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Apart from the runner up, nothing in the Railway could turn the tables on IG in the KT. The filly that won the Guineas is obviously in it up to her ears.
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    Has Pym's Royale got a bar shoe on again.
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts

Apart from the runner up, nothing in the Railway could turn the tables on IG in the KT. The filly that won the Guineas is obviously in it up to her ears.

I’m guessing Western Empire won’t qualify for KT,draws a barrier today wins like IG
    They are the two races to look at and it's always the case apart from the interlopers from the East. The Railway was certainly run fast this year.

Guineas 1:35.80 First 1000m 60.58    Last 600m 35.22
    Railway  1:33.79 First 1000m 58.63   Last 600m 35.16

Railway ~12L quicker overall & and almost the same amount faster thru the first 1000m...the last 600m is virtually identical 

Manchild likes this post.

edited November 2020
    The first three in running sure went backwards fast: Great Shot(12th 8.4L), Dance Music(13th, 10.7L), Gailo Chop(16th 22.5L)..just underscores the performance of Too Close The Sun(settled 4th, beaten 1.8L). Not sure what the issue was with Kay Cee(11th, 7L)-disappointing at face value

Thunderstruck, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Backed Miss Frost , frigging left out of  my quaddie  still trying to work it out how., Never forget  what F. Maynard  snr said this will win a decent race one day after it won its maiden in kalg. beating  moschard home in 32.8 that day.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Good speculating last year Riders. Don't think it was making up the numbers today. Dipped at the start, last on the corner and come home in a race best 34.34. Kingston town markets suspended at the moment, think it may have shaved a few points of its quote after today.hope you had something the ticky today

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Material Man says "Hi". He'd be the only one and the 3yos
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited November 2020
    Uni Time was outstanding Spink...thought who's that steaming home down the outside, and of course it's none other than Uni Time. Put him in a low % trifecta to run third...helped to cover all the losing bets on the race!

Nine years old Material Man, good run, just that age factor worries.
    Although was there when Magistrate who was about 10 or 11 went past the winning post in first spot in a Perth Cup just as the rest were approaching the furlong post.
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Backed to close the sun each way and boxed 5 in the first four for $20 Gave me 16% . And on your recommendation Riders put in Uni time . Would of got more if TCTS wins . But happy with what I got for my twenty. Don't know if that was UT grand final yesterday but definitely having a little spec in the KT
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    he was my ruffie as nominated on here...if he starts in the KT, don't forget he jumps from 53kg to 59kg, on level terms with some real good ones..
    H-BOMBER said:

Material Man says "Hi". He'd be the only one and the 3yos
    And I say, thanks for coming. Agree with you about the 3yos, the colts in particular, who rattled off blistering closing sectionals. Will need to settle closer in the run in the KT tho, so the advantage swings back to the filly there. 
    Could be wrong but I can't accept that Watch Me Dance could win it?? Although she has better form than Kay Cee leading in and I backed her so maybe I shouldn't be as dismissive.

Just think she had all the favours and the 3rd and 4th placegetters(who were set a task)will make it very interesting, though there must be a doubt Western Empire a maiden gets a run? Dom To Shoot looks the knockout chance and might be a bit closer if he draws near the inside.

The Railway winner and budding star will still take some beating!
    edited November 2020
    Recent Railway winners i.e Bob's horses, have won in fast times and then been rolled in the KT after getting back and running on before atoning in the Cox Stakes. The mares have to lump 57kg vs 50kg(fillies)/52kg(colts). Sniper's Bullet('09) was the last horse to complete the Railway/KT double although Scales Of Justice('16) went close...It's actually a weird hoodoo, Mr Moet('12) & Elite Belle('14) also won the 1st and 3rd legs of the treble but got rolled in the KT.
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Watch Me Dance can’t win
    @LETSDOTHIS I wouldn't say she can't but if she gets the back of a soft lead, it's going to be right behind Too Close The Sun and I don't fancy her chances in that scenario. Kay Cee had the blinkers added prior to the race last year so Dom To Shoot(currently in blinkers) can't rely on them being added to sharpen him up. Western Temple could but whether he gets a start is debatable. Are Cascadian & Best Of Days definite starters? 
    edited November 2020
    Dom shifted in and bumped early on, overraced and then had that runner fall back in his lap and drew a mildly sticky gate..Arguably wins that race yesterday.
    IF a couple of these things don't happen in the KT he is right in it.

Where is the all in market for the race on Tabtouch ffs?

On Sportsbet
    IG $3
    KC and TCTS $6
    Watch Me Dance, Western Empire and Uni Time $14
    Snickerdoodledandy $16
    Dom To Shoot an appealing $18 along with Material Man, Kementari and Gailo Chop.