G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 44 Non Members

Fremantle Cup Field and Draw

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Sentimental tip from me,the old war horse Vultan tin,never gets a barrier and if they go stupid early his run two starts back suggests he can work home well.not likely but one for the battlers would be great to see.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 1-   Lavra Joe,  JumpingJackMac,  Sugar Street,  Eldaytona
    Race 2-   Bettor Be Oscar,  Mister Bushido,  Extreme Prince,  Mister Ardee
    Race 3-   Liam Neil,  Roman Aviator,  Cant Refuse,  WhozIdeaWasThis
    Race 4-   As Happy As Larry,  Braeview Bondi,  PatrickThePiranha,  Eloquent Mach
    Race 5-   Chicago Bull,  Shockwave,  Galactic Star,  Vampiro
    Race 6-   To Fast To Serious,  Will I RocknRoll,  Lord Rosco,  Sangue Reale
    Race 7-   PoisedToPounce,  Headline Act,  The Kraken,  Bolta
    Race 8-   JB Mauney,  Cyclone Banner,  Disco Under Fire,  Where Ya Bin
    Race 9-   Balcatherine,  SomeBeachParty,  Queen Shenandoah,  Angel In White
    Race 10- Star FromThePalace,  Tiffany Rose,  Advance Your Dream,  Run For Mercy 

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    edited November 2020
    The more I look at it the more confused I get. Think Vampiro leads after listening to LBH this morning, after that I'm clueless. Galactic Star is at each way price and a proven performer, place looks good.with a late swoop if they go crackers up front.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Shockwave to lead and just hold on over CB.
    Galactic Star liked his run last start the roughie.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Have waited 20 years so far for junior to drive a bad race in a big one. How to get a egg cracked on your own head knock a champion. This race is tailor made to be a classic.The bull last three at 2500m. has been beaten.

Galatic Star best chance is if shockwave can hold vampiro, and they ruff one & other up. which i doubt --- ACL will be having a scone until 600m; so couldn;t see him playing early with horse that doesn't seem to handle g.p. 100%   . Junior will have to rely on all his sharps to. lob a spot in first  6-7.
     Mighty  Conqueror under check off- hood on, his not there for the last lager waltz,with those changes  provided he doesnt luke skywalk early with the changes. Perfect Major if and when opportunity presents;

Terrific race just going to bank on ACL. and the talents of J.P. to have continued to improve   jack farthing , since has been in his care. ----- J.F-----. G S.   ----- C.B--------.  P.M. Good luck punters

Markovina likes this post.

• Great to be talking about so many different scenarios that could play out during the race.  Will be a very very interesting first 600.

Is there any chance something we havent discussed could happen?  Could a Vaultin Tin push forward at the start to get ahead of Bull to get cover on it? Doubt any one of Team Bonds would had up to it.  Could put a spanner in the works.

Amazing race on paper.

VillageKid, savethegame likes this post.

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts

Great to be talking about so many different scenarios that could play out during the race.  Will be a very very interesting first 600.

Is there any chance something we havent discussed could happen?  Could a Vaultin Tin push forward at the start to get ahead of Bull to get cover on it? Doubt any one of Team Bonds would had up to it.  Could put a spanner in the works.

Amazing race on paper.

I couldn’t see Vultan tin getting in front of bull and I couldn’t see Emily have the confidence (not sure that’s the correct word to use) at her first Group One drive to roll the dice like that
    If horses from backline push through strong chance CB ends up in no mans land.
    Not that I want it to happen would be a shame but if one of Bondies wants to hold the breeze and he can’t find a gap early what then??
    Could be on for young and old.
  • Agree CR but I have a gut feeling (and those that know me, know thats a BIG FEELING) that something could happen no one has predicted

Freo- its exciting we are genuinly not 100% sure whats going to happen. Looking forward to it.

savethegame likes this post.

• JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    Every now and then i have a bet at GP and then wonder why - JumpingJackMac !!!
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Thoroughly enjoyed the big race what an absolute cracker is the Bull notching a staggering 60th win

=D>

Gary Hall jnr was pretty pumped too.

VillageKid likes this post.

• Poor Shockwave bled
    Champion combination way too good--------Don't tell me its the yank carts that caused the bubble, stewards report seems to blame carts as it says both horses were severley checked, i thought brown dropped his wheel under  d e green  who was mindful of were bletchly park legs were,at the time. 
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Chicago Bull confirmed his champion status.

Of the beaten brigade:

Perfect Major still looking for a run and Jack Farthing and Vultan Tin both hit the line very strongly.

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts

Chicago Bull confirmed his champion status.

Of the beaten brigade:

Perfect Major still looking for a run and Jack Farthing and Vultan Tin both hit the line very strongly.

Vultan Tin very good, hope he can go against the trend and draw a barrier in the pacing cup
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    tony said:

An ordinary Railway field which will attract 9 or 10 times the betting as the Fremantle Cup.

Parimutuel win turnover Fremantle Pacing Cup $30.8k Railway Stakes $321k.

Parimutuel tote turnover is a small percentage of overall turnover these days but the above figures do paint a bleak picture. Unfortunately parimutuel turnover is the only accessible information.

FPC win pool in 2015 was $50.4k. 

Golden Mile  Cup stand 2900m  2012 thursday night 20/9/2012 . can't find the figures, but you would get a surprise , admit the race had two false starts and was 12 mins. late. but if you have got access wouldn't mind seeing them figures. thinking win pool was a 100k.?.

freodockers likes this post.

Remember the night very well STG.
    Great on course crowd of which 90% were on the winner. All except me.
    Geezus H Christ, just discovered a worse way of raising funds for my beloved Deanmill Footy Club than Hay Carting......picking bloody avocados....20 bins of the buggars....absolute slave labour from mainly old blokes for the princely return of $2200 bucks to try and keep grassroots footy alive, Anyway, I digress but after not getting home from GP until 2.00am and a 7.00am start, I plead for some slack, after a 10 hour day fighting flies, venomous serpents and a rare day of warm weather. The good news is we start again at 7 in the morning

Anyway, back to the race....and what a great race it was. Bully....so tough, so race hardened, so brilliant, driven superbly......seconds out, game on and he was just too tough. I was on Galactic each way, no disgrace there......and Shockwave was gallant, tried his guts out....too much it seems as he bled which is a terrible outcome for the connections. He'll comeback next year, tougher for the experience, and hopefully still in the hands of his excellent young trainer rather than heading East to the McCarthys. I thought it was race for the ages and although a chilly wind was blowing, deserving of far more attention than it got.  Upstairs in the members and restaurants was busy but maybe about 500 people on the terraces at a generous guess, pathetic really. PA was next to useless at the presentation, couldn't hear a thing, felt sorry for the musicians, the bouncy castle was well patronised but as an event, it was a sad,  sad reflection of where we once where and where we are at. For me, in spite of the truly excellent racing across the whole card, most of the racing was fantastic, it was a very despondent 4 hour drive home.
    If that is the best that Gloucester Park can come up with for an iconic group 1 event, then I suggest that the current  management should turn it in, it's just not working as Chariots tote figures illustrate. Saddens me to say it but we are on the road to nowhere. Turnover figures are no surprise.....and they have been trending upwards of late but still absolutely pathetic. There was a bookie fielding but I wonder whether his turnover justified his presence.Go and buy another horse or breed one?....and I am, Cut Above is in foal.....I wonder why.....it makes little sense.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    What does anyone interested in the industry think of the crowd last night?

And the way the night was promoted?

Said what I think above.......very disappointing crowd and what promotion? Hopeless.

JayJay said:

Said what I think above.......very disappointing crowd and what promotion? Hopeless.

JJ you seem to be very knowledgeable etc why don’t you apply for the marketing job?

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    What does Radley do ? 

Does anyone know?

Bar go on SEN at 11 am on a Friday?

JayJay said:

JJ you seem to be very knowledgeable etc why don’t you apply for the marketing job?

Free world, think what you like, it would seem you are well satisfied that everything is fine and dandy down at GP, great, but I don't, at least the Titanic sank quickly.

GP Friday Night, $12 to get in, arguably the best pacer in Australia, group 1, $300k race (top end for Harness Racing Australia wide) in a very competitive field, as illustrated by his "luxury" price, a fine night albeit a touch chilly and at best three to five hundred patrons on the terraces. Absolutely dismal crowd, all the atmosphere of a funeral 

Ascot by comparison, $30 bucks to get in, group 1, $1 million bucks (dime a dozen in thoroughbred racing), pundits on here saying not the greatest Railway field ever assembled (can't comment other than I had never heard of the winner but I lead a sheltered life)....all I can go on is the photo in the Sunday Times of a packed house at Ascot and turnover on the pari-mutaul 10 times that of the Freo Cup. I think the picture shows a stark comparison.

If people accept that, and are happy to go along supporting the current admin, well and good. Let them continue to draw their stipend and enjoy watching a slow mo train wreck. Appears they have thrown all their eggs in one basket for the Pacing Cup, combining the power of Italian Night and Fireworks to try and have a successful night.....in the past, both nights would be packed. Two good nights sacrificed for hopefully one decent one....sadly without Shockwave.
    JJ you wouldn’t get a job in the marketing dept as they don’t appear to have one.
    Went to watch Freo/Carlton match last year.
    Parked at GP, had to walk past the track curators area.
    Embarrassed to be associated with the industry.
    Rusty old tractors, pot holes you would go missing in, everything dilapadated.
    Seriously looked like the back of Kalgoorlie speedway.
    To cap it of a faded old mobile with number plates 1CCC.
    Surely someone realises that 1000s of potential visitors to GP walk past this and probably think like I did OMG.
    But then again maybe not.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited November 2020
    JJ would probably not be too keen on beating his head against a reinforced brick wall constantly and I could understand why..but I'm sure plenty would agree he would do his damned best to turn this flailing industry around.
    In all the years I've read the trots pages here he is a man with great knowledge, passion and a desire to see his probably lifelong love return to at least some of its former glory...also seemingly spends plenty a dollar as a very active owner and participant and travels far and wide because of the aforementioned passion for his chosen sport.
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Its no consellation  jj ,but its all around the other states . Check out the crowds at Men. Alb. Melton etc, a graveyard .. Most people would not have heard Chicago Bull (except for the basket ball team). No advertising on other stations or channels. We have passionate trot callers in Bell, McDermont, Young, but to no avail.. I dont have the answer but i am not employed by rwwa.. 

JayJay said:

JayJay said:

Free world, think what you like, it would seem you are well satisfied that everything is fine and dandy down at GP, great, but I don't, at least the Titanic sank quickly.

GP Friday Night, $12 to get in, arguably the best pacer in Australia, group 1, $300k race (top end for Harness Racing Australia wide) in a very competitive field, as illustrated by his "luxury" price, a fine night albeit a touch chilly and at best three to five hundred patrons on the terraces. Absolutely dismal crowd, all the atmosphere of a funeral 

Ascot by comparison, $30 bucks to get in, group 1, $1 million bucks (dime a dozen in thoroughbred racing), pundits on here saying not the greatest Railway field ever assembled (can't comment other than I had never heard of the winner but I lead a sheltered life)....all I can go on is the photo in the Sunday Times of a packed house at Ascot and turnover on the pari-mutaul 10 times that of the Freo Cup. I think the picture shows a stark comparison.

If people accept that, and are happy to go along supporting the current admin, well and good. Let them continue to draw their stipend and enjoy watching a slow mo train wreck. Appears they have thrown all their eggs in one basket for the Pacing Cup, combining the power of Italian Night and Fireworks to try and have a successful night.....in the past, both nights would be packed. Two good nights sacrificed for hopefully one decent one....sadly without Shockwave.

I was actually being serious. No need to get touchy and jump at me
    My apologies, I thought, mistakenly, you were having a dig.......and for me, the demise of our industry to an almost unprecedented level of irrelevance is a very touchy subject. It's unbelievable to me that harness (or the Trots as I prefer) has declined at such an alarming rate, yet if you dare to say anything, you are labelled as some sort of recalcitrant stirrer. But something has to change or it will revert to a cottage industry. Again, my apologies, knee jerk response on my behalf.

Cant_Refuse, TrackBias, MrSmartArse likes this post.

Totally forgive JJ, in hindsight I should have perhaps worded it better. I was more meaning from the posts on this page I have read from you, you seem to have some good ideas