G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members

WA Pacing Cup Field

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    A couple of others raised far more eyebrows than last years regardless of whether it was heat and final or handicapper selection. I am still very firmly in the corner of heats and finals for the sake of the industry. Some may remember the Fairy Tale Cup.

It is no different nowadays with trainers with multiple runners in one race. Take last years Pacing Cup for example you can’t tell me they didn’t look after each other.
    However Chariots in the old days as a bookie I do get your point, nowadays you can only imagine what would have gone on.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Should be nothing to worry about last time i looked we spend 23millon on intergrity on the codes-----But what did frighten me approx  3-4 years ago when a couple racing radio presenters were interviewing a intergrity head,and they were going into bat for a trainer over a incident, he said his week finishes 5.pm. friday---thought strange main  trot ,dog, gallops  meetings are after 5.pm friday.

TrackBias, freodockers, VillageKid likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    The Pacing Cup turnover compared to the Kingston Town Class turnover was considerably better than the Fremantle Cup/Railway Stakes comparisons but nothing to get excited about.

Parimutel win turnover on the Pacing Cup was $34.6k compared to $207k on the Kingston Town or six times greater. Railway Stakes was 10 time greater than the FPC.
    First Four Turnover was also better with the Pacing Cup doing 94.5k on a 12.5k jackpot and the Kingston Town $315k on a 25.8k Jackpot.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Out of interest Chariots how do those turnover figures on the Fremantle & WA Pacing Cups this year compare with previous years?
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Not very well I would suggest.
    Our Pacing Cup was in January and the Railway Stakes in November.

Pacing Cup 34.5k and First Four 77.4k
    Railway Stakes 302k and First Four 323k with both having similar jackpots to this year.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Thanks Chariots, I was just chasing the trots figures over the previous years as not really interested in the races numbers.
    The 2900m of the Pacing Cup seems to have taken a toll on some of those that competed.

Winner Vultan Tin ran last at his next start. Perfect Major very disappointing after leading on Friday night as was To Fast To Serious albeit with a harder run.

Conversely Bletchley Park last in the Pacing Cup off a soft run produced a career best effort on Friday night reeling off some sensational sectionals before being run down by a Vampiro.
  • Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts

The 2900m of the Pacing Cup seems to have taken a toll on some of those that competed.

Winner Vultan Tin ran last at his next start. Perfect Major very disappointing after leading on Friday night as was To Fast To Serious albeit with a harder run.

Conversely Bletchley Park last in the Pacing Cup off a soft run produced a career best effort on Friday night reeling off some sensational sectionals before being run down by a Vampiro.

Vampiro had a considerably hard run in Pacing cup. Has run two cracking races since both driven with a sit

VillageKid likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Programming might need a look...perhaps some lead up races over the 2900 rather than throwing them into the cauldron .....1.56 and change over that journey was brutal.

VillageKid likes this post.