G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 23 Non Members

ASCOT SAT. 19th DEC. 2020

West Australian Racing
i'll kick this off, could someone please tell me why wilchino is odds on in race 1.

Comments

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Because it was never let go in its trial beating Domineer who came out and won a mdn and then came 2nd in a C1. 2nd favourite trialled the same day running many lengths inferior.
     The race is very thin and Wilchino has shown lots of ability at trials. Not saying it should be odds on but I can see why it is.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i see your points, rodent but i'll just watch this as i have a subway...a tuna one. ;)
    why? its almost a month since the trial..it beat an 8 start maiden who came out at northam and beat horses you have never heard of.
    however the morton/parnham combo is lethal so thats why i'll just watch...like i will for most of the meeting....i counted 10 cerise and whites in the races 4-9.......
    8-X
  • GoddGodd    199 posts
    Petite la femme wins the first
  • TrainTrain    186 posts
    R1- WILCHINO only needs to replicate her race runs to be hard to beat here and is clearly better than those runs. Has trialled like a bomb on multiple occasions but obviously has some issues as 4yo having her third start. At her most recent trial safely held Domineer in slick time and that horse has produced two good runs since then. She is very speedy and from four should be able to find the fence and put a space on her rivals in the straight.

R2- ULTIMATE COMMAND trialled well for his debut run but looked like doing it tough from a wide gate. Worked hard to cross on that occasion but was able to find under pressure and really run through the line. Has to concede 2kg to FLYING MISSILE and POLICIERE who she beat last start but does look like finding the front a lot easier and in a lower pressure race. The extra 100m looks like suiting her more than her rivals and looks a real professional.

R3- MADAM TORIO ran them into the ground first up and a repeat of that would see her hard to catch. Runs her best races fresh and is three weeks between runs here which is about as short a run spacing as she wants but this is the thinnest race she’s been in for a while. She is a foolproof horse who jumps fast and musters so she should be holding the front from one and always finds something on turning.

R4- SOLAIA has been racing really well in 3yo features at her past four starts and now finds herself in 60+. Has yet to put in a bad run all prep despite often having to do plenty of work in the run and may forced to do so again from the wide draw. She should be able to get across to the breeze if they want to however in a race without a lot of speed. That should be a good spot and have her a few lengths in front of most of her market rivals.

R5- TRULY GREAT has been beaten once this campaign in a fast run Railway Stakes. He was a powerful winner of the Kingston Town last start beating Inspirational Girl and will only be better at 2100. He’s learnt to settle really well in his runs and although he doesn’t have to go back to last he could do that and would still be good enough to round up this field. $1.45 may well look overs at 2:50pm.

R6- MIDNIGHT BLUE was favourite for last weeks Towton Cup and now finds himself in a much more winnable race. Strung two impressive wins together before getting back in a big field with Carleen Hefel before putting in a big burst when narrowly beaten. Is now reunited with Pike and that could be the key as it looks a horse that needs a strong rider. Does likely end up a long way back from the wide draw but they won’t walk and will just need a back to follow.

R7- Best Bet: DANCE MUSIC is both in really good form and incredibly well suited at set weights and penalties. A run away winner of the Northam Cup three back, she then set a seriously fast pace in the Railway and was entitled to fade late. Last start was shuffled back and held up in the run when placing behind Kementari and Celebrity Queen in a fast run 1400 at WFA. That is outstanding form for this and likely gets a soft run leading or sitting leaders back.

R8- MISS FROST has come back a stronger horse this campaign and was able to win some black type last start. She did get a big penalty for that win but is good enough to win this with 60kg. Her two runs over 1000m were encouraging and looks like 1200 is more her distance now. There is a fair bit of speed engaged in this race so she should be able to find a midfield spot with cover from a middle draw and use her powerful turn of foot.

R9- MEGAZONE has produced two big runs from the back of the field this prep and now finds a more suitable race. First up was held at a vital stage when second to Carocapo who has since won again before dropping back to 1100 and flashing down the outside from last on a rails hot day. Will again get back from a wide draw but out to 1400 in a bigger field there should be a three deep line for him to be apart of and he has a powerful turn of foot on his day.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Black figures I.e @Betfair or a drift of sorts and she is worth a bet imo.
    Only query is the 15 mths off the scene which is countered by a very good trial suggesting she is in tip top nick for her return.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Had bone chips removed.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited December 2020
    Trap For Fools to cause the boil over at 7/2 - the fave almost touching 2/5 hmmmm not so sure about that. Now win hard held by 4. Looks a deadset quinella. Platoon an interesting one though again, and watch for Arctic Stream to be poking up along the fence into a top four finish.

Ol fave Megazone been freely tipped in the last, like it more when the Mega is unwanted, but will have something on. Trainer Ash Maley to rebound from last week and land a winner or rough place getter somewhere along the line.

thefalcon likes this post.

agree riders, TFF is as tough as and will bowl along in front..it will be cat and mouse with willie and brad....i think brad is an excellent judge of pace...but so is willie... :-B  it will provide interesting viewing...
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Tff got it very easy last start. TG just needs to be within 4 lengths at top of the straight to be winning

hash likes this post.

edited December 2020
    Truly Great the one they all have to beat, but for punters who missed the 20/1 last week ( should’ve been 7/1 on scintillating run from the extreme wide barrier in the Railway ) good luck at the 2/5 or possible 1/3.

Will either breeze straight past Trap For Fools or be in a for dog fight then look out. Right at the death knell Platoon nabs both! Now that would be an upset.

Saw Placid Arc come back from Victoria after winning the Newmarket, Lightning and Oakleigh Plate certainty at 1/3 - rolled.
  • Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Just like the calibre of jockeys in the Van Heemst..
    Wasn’t the Pontiff an apprentice in the late 80s..not sure how old Peter Hall is but sheesh some premierships and cups winners all around Australia n overseas there..
    What is the Van Heemst? :)] :P

Gilgamesh, Tucool likes this post.

edited December 2020
    C B Cox Stakes it is and forever shall be. Amen.

Was happy to see the Fruit ‘N Veg depart...got nothing against fruit and veg either.

Think the Kingston Town was the “Marlboro 50,000“ and “The Winfield” for a little while when tobacco conglomerates ruled the roost with sponsorship money.

50,000 hence must have been 50k to the winner - now that’s changed a bit.

Thunderstruck, Tucool, Manchild likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Think it was also the Western Mail classic as well Riders at one stage. Geez the last is a good race I was on Ration Ally last start got stopped in it’s tracks about 50 out got to follow my money today

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts
    Precautionary, Indominus, True Attraction, Special Choice, Skinnin Tins BB, Megazone all EW for me.
    Agree Riders..the new name is...well b.s is all I can say and most agree.

oldhendo likes this post.

how the cox got the rubber stamp for a name change to that bloody dutchman is a mystery.
    name changes to honour an individual be it for races, sporting ovals, streets, new suburbs etc are normally done some years after the person has left office, retired or died. this travesty was done with surprising swiftness, the man had not kicked his clogs out the door before it was done..maybe he demanded it...
    his time at the helm was an unmitigated disaster, his name should be obliterated not lauded!!
    L-)
    anyway back to bizzo...hard day...i'll have a bit e/w on british bessy and tajmali...
    1.50 pop Truly Great for the Perth Cup.. I thought TFF may have been a chance..has none.
    edited December 2020
    Good run Trap For Fools just the same, Pikey seemed to be oozing with confidence in the run, Platoon was good, and as for the rest forget about ‘em. There was no Star Exhibit lobbing along out the back in that lot.

Huge day for fave backers - they are dominating. ( So far ).
    edited December 2020
    The JC quinella today Pike and Chris Parnham $1.02 ( 1/50 ) been following them long enough and those two would’ve fitted in any era and been up there with the best of them, and there were some good ones!

Truly Great into 4/5 ( $1.80 ) with one of the corporates for the Cup.

Weak as piss Em Tee cat....
    edited December 2020
    Midnight Blue got going well late, ran like a 2400 metre horse, but never ever going to win it. Cerise and white they don’t have to be favourites to salute. Star Exhibit 66/1 Truly Great 20/1 Adornment 10/1 there’s just a few.

i am pretty sure..make that sure that TG will not start in the cup...the c&w could have 4 starters and 4 good hopes without TG...
    Just 2 weeks away I see no reason why wouldn't they start in the cup. ?
    Super win by Dance Music :x
    Want to break a 20 month losing streak?
    Put W.Pike on......

Ridersonthestorm33, paraletic likes this post.

edited December 2020
    Been not too bad in photo results over the years but today would’ve sworn Midnight Blue ran second. Going two to British Bessie’s one, thought got second comfortably...wroooong.

Then Skinnen Tins reasonably confident had got up to win, same again, nope.
    edited December 2020
    Can get home the mare Solid Azza, recall being at a Pinjarra meeting and went past faster than a speeding bullet.

Her and Skinnen Tins must have been close to second last and last at the top of the straight.

hash likes this post.

• Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Solid time for CB Cox Stakes.. ha
    Quickest time ever.. well for 2100m...

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.