In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 43 Non Members

GP- New Years Eve WA Trotters Cup

Harness & Greyhounds
Race 1-   Eldaytona,  Finvarra,  El Casanova,  Strike Team
Race 2-   Baylan Jett,  Destined To Rule,  Always Arjay,  Mister Ardee
Race 3-   Sergeant Oats,  Thats Perfect,  Triroyale Brigade,  MistahMistah
Race 4-   PatrickThePiranha,  Yes He's A Ladies Man,  Rock Me Over,  Babyface Adda
Race 5-   Galactic Star,  Bletchley Park,  Vultan Tin,  Our Jimmy Johnstone
Race 6-   SomeBeachParty,  Headline Act,  Sameplace Sametime,  Mini Mine Yet
Race 7-   Princess Mila,  My Mdina,  Always A Dreamer,  Champagne Prince
Race 8-   Alta Cinderella,  Misstiano,  Savvy Bromac,  Altas Angel
Race 9-   Jesse Allwood,  Taroona Bromac,  Mr Kiwi,  Machs Gold
Race 10- Alta Blues,  Parmesan,  The Kraken,  Antero

+1 -1

cisco likes this post.

Comments

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Been watching all the WA harness lately - including all the races at the last Northam meeting

I thought there were 2 very impressive runs - Robbie Williams horse led all the way in a very slick mile rate - and the other one which caught my eye was The White Rabbit - with the fast closing sectionals - i really liked its turn of foot and point to point speed

$12 tonight  on TAB.Com - if it was only a run on track id back it - because in my opinion i think it is the best horse in the race - but there is only a front line - that suggests they will get into their formation early and then walk - and as good a turn a foot its got - its nearly mission impossible on the tight track 

But i do like the horse and i think it will win plenty of races

Gilgamesh, cisco, VillageKid likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Sounds like there will be a big crowd there, perfect night for it.

Hope everyone that heads along has a fantastic night, back a few winners.

cisco, VillageKid likes this post.

Some darts for me
    R1: No10 Strike Team, if it doesn’t get shuffled too far back behind the bolter, but if daylight late it will be rattling.
    R2: No1 Destined To Rule. This is EW all day, even if the 2 crosses and hands up to the stablemate Destined To Rule could still zap them.
    R3 No9 That’s Perfect. Really impressed by this guy, Voaky can control it from the breeze.
    R4 No12 Waltzingwithseira. Real bolted here, Patrick and the ladies man cook it and Emily rattles home at cricket score odds from a mile back, easy.
    R6 Headline Act best bet. Lewis will get this home.
    R8 No6 Savvy Bromac. Back up on here again driven quietly although realistically a hell of a lot would have to go right.
    R9 No5 Tuas Delight. He is going far better than his price suggests.
    R10 No9 Antero. Zero respect from the market, racing really well.

Finish of the year with a handful of $30+ winners no doubt.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Few roughies there Gilga. Hope they land you some dollars

cisco, Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    He is a good judge Slipper....

cisco, SLIPPERGOLDEN, VillageKid likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Bad Round
    Bracken Sky
    Off to Bunbury
    Rusinol
    Goo o ya Mate
    Westernhouse
    Sidstrepo
    Good luck to all

cisco, Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    I'llhavethatchequeboys with a last minute assassination in the first.....great race....LBH bbq almost to perfection

Speaking of BBQ race 1 Bunbury.
    Blame the carts, blame the track but don’t blame the clown that drives into the horse in front of him.
    28 days for incompetence but no it overraced.
    Ooohhh.....harsh call but fair FD....only possible excuse...sun in eyes at Bunbury. Horse went ok too to run 3rd. 
    Not harsh mate too busy trying to look like yanks.
    No control over horse.
    Can’t believe it ran third, go get my ticket out of bin.
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Backed the last drop,yank carts strike again

savethegame likes this post.

Jnr looked like Chum Taylor turning for home at Claremont speedway

SLIPPERGOLDEN, savethegame likes this post.

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    57.1 middle half on hes a ladies man

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Put a crowd on track, get the competitive juices flowing and suddenly the 800m Gloucester Park circuit is like a different track, horses winning from everywhere and everywhere.

SLIPPERGOLDEN, VillageKid likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited December 2020
    Wrong $101 pop Gilga.

One of my best mates rarely goes to the trots or bets on them but is there for NYE. For as long as I have known him he has only ever backed C Lewis when attending. Text me to tell me he had a tenner on that bolter. :-O

VillageKid, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts

Pulled and choked

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Put a crowd on track, get the competitive juices flowing and suddenly the 800m Gloucester Park circuit is like a different track, horses winning from everywhere and everywhere.

It was a cracking night's racing on the track, great crowd, fantastic atmosphere on course at the best trotting venue in Australia imho.
    Amazing what can be achieved more regularly with some decent promotion & marketing like there was for NYE!
    There was as many if not more outside the course causing traffic chaos on the roads around the track, its a pity they didnt spend a dollar and come inside to watch the racing and not just show up for a free fireworks show after!

curmudgeon, savethegame, freodockers likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts

Backed the last drop,yank carts strike again

Felt a double whammy backed The last drop & Rabchenko who was badly impeded when Chum Taylor&Ollie Olsen showed there sync. routine,----Done my form thinking Brown&Voak both aggressive drivers  might rip into each other early.-----Still trying to work out how do you factor Yank carts into the form.

curmudgeon likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts

Why? He was 4 to 5 mts clear all the middle lap?
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Just a few observations from last nights GP meetings ( just  watched replays of some the races id missed )

Some tremendous racing their last night ( except the last 2 races - i know not every race can be truly run - but less of those 2 the better  etc )

Now as normal - i just call it as i see it - and the 1st thing i will say - is Lindsay Harpers drive in the 1st on Eldaytona - had  it hung on and won ( and it was a super run - and im ready for the smart aarses to come on and say it didnt ) - then it would have been the best winning drive in WA in the past 6 mths - that was a top Eastern States type drive - the fave had outstanding form  ( 1.54 as a 2 year old over 2100 at Pinj ) - thus the only way i can beat it - is crush it -  and that is exactly what he did 

Sure Harper was a bit rusty - when he 1st came back from the long break ( anyone would be - you only have to look at Morgan Woodley last night - i think if he was race hardened - driving day in - day out - like he use to  then race hardened and sharp as a tack - then maybe Morg might have gone for a few splits in the last 300 ) - however Lindsay is now right back to his brilliant  best - and ive got no doubt that if say Lindsay went to Vic ( not that he is going to ) but he would get 25 drives a week -as a freelancer - no problem at all - because he drives like a top Eastern States driver - Emma Stewart - and  these type of stables they would  all put him on 

Another observation - the race Hall jnr won  - where he shoved out at the bell ( perfectly legal - only in WA - it is a stinker of a rule - a dangerous rule - and should be scrapped  immediately ) and Kevin Charles horse - who got shoved 3 wide - had the audacity to run 3rd - even though its chances were totally shot because of that WA only rule

freodockers, savethegame likes this post.

LBH has certainly added a new dimension to the races he has been in. Great to watch but would suggest a few on the receiving end are getting tired of it.
    I see the stewards had him in earlier in the week for taking the leader on and dropping out.
    Will be interesting to see how it plays out over next month or so.

savethegame, VillageKid likes this post.

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts

LBH has certainly added a new dimension to the races he has been in. Great to watch but would suggest a few on the receiving end are getting tired of it.
    I see the stewards had him in earlier in the week for taking the leader on and dropping out.
    Will be interesting to see how it plays out over next month or so.

Hez A Chance was pretty ordinary 34.9 lead time 2100m race was gone with 1000m to go it literally competed for a lap, ambitious drive at best even more so was when positions were sorted he put his drive under the whip as if the leader was going to hand to him textbook 6 weeks on the sidelines imo

Gilgamesh likes this post.