NRL 2020

Sport

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited January 2021
    Corey Allan at fullback for the Dogs what do you reckon TRK?  :-\"
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited January 2021
    A confirmed 3yr signing, too. I  thought you were suggesting it was just a rumour? He looked good last year for Souths when Latrell was injured. Is the plan still to play JAC there in '22? I know we threw Cotric there for a stint when Wighton, back in the days he was wearing #1, was suspended and it didn't work. I'm still in disbelief that the Raiders let BOTH Leilua, who is a rugby league savant, and Cotric go in the same season only to re-sign a 30yr Jarrod Croker, who is now coming back from shoulder surgery btw.

* Not-so-fun fact: Jarrod Croker was born on September 11-you know the conspiracy theory about it being an inside job? 
    @-) :-@ :-$

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited January 2021
    The kennel and half it's posters(some obsessed people there WOW)forever bang on about this potential gun Averillo who they think may be a super fb or 5/8 but is a complete rookie(albeit with very good ability supposedly)and to me its questionable he is at NRL level right now..especially for a spine position..may have a go at 5/8 but I'm sceptical.
    So to answer your question I think Allan will be fullback this year obviously(agree he went bloody well covering at Souths)as for 22 maybe JAC stays on the wing or there has been mention of some roving around..good dilemma to have but one thing would be Allan is definitely better at fb lacks a little pace to be a winger..could do centre with Cotric in 22? Good to have options Barrett has some licence to get them improving and be ready to press the go button in 22..hopefully!
    Hoppa probably on the outer end of this year.DWZ they need to offload if they can he is OVERPAID and lately an underachiever may do well this year.Looking forward to March, some light at the end of the tunnel I see.
    Also going after Tigers centre/winger Momorivoski or were, unsure if that cools now Allan is on the books.

Strange how clubs do things isn't it, although JC has been a loyal servant and great clubman he must be getting close to past it?

therealkramer likes this post.

edited January 2021
    @Thunderstruck They gave Croker a 4 year contract($ unknown) with the final yr a player option...wait for it..... in HIS favour b-( =;
    wow thats an overly generous reward for loyalty.
    I'd probably be ok with everyone getting paid IF we'd won in '19. But we didn't and if the aim is still to win a comp, then players have to take a haircut. The fact the contract details aren't known makes me believe he was looked after which pisses me off. The Raiders refused to pay Bateman, Cotric and even Leilua to some extent altho I'm not sure how serious they were about re-signing Joey.
    Still waiting on my '21 Raiders membership pack which should arrive sometime this week. Has yours turned up yet @JayJay

Probably the only one that gives a flying with TRK absent but the comp kicks off tonite @ 5pm with a potential ripping game Storm V Souths and with that great player(and prick)Cameron Smith no longer playing..he waited until yesty to pull the pin which is typical of the fella "me me me"

No bet being the first game but i give Souffs a big chance of beating them at home it should be a ripper game as these two teams will be top 4(if Storm cope without their second coach around)and i think Souths are the early favs to win the comp.
    edited March 2021
    Cracking game, Souths probably lost it in the first half then when making a charge from as early as the 30 minute mark they cocked it up regularly, Storm 26 Souths 18 the final score with no tries from Melbourne in the 2nd half at all.
    JFC don't even want to talk about tonite's game  :-S
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Where is the Faiders boy ??
    :-?? dunno he hasn't been around maybe since the posts here in Jan'.
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    He’s faded with his team