In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Went Ace Bromac ew
    First Joy in last liked its last run at Northam $26 the place.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Markovina said:

Not a bad meeting at GP tonight - some nice races

Just had a couple of little bets for an interest  Nigel Ernest at the $8 e/w and in the last race no flash field - only pay1/2 for place just put $15 the place on Fortunate Adda at the $35 its showing for a place - its got a silly chance - wont be beaten far 

Great tipping Marko, very unlucky that last race.

JayJay likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    I did back it - so there is some bias - but ive said it  if James Herbertson isnt the best young driver in Aust - then im a poor judge - he reminds me in style of a young Brian Gath - thats how good he is 

His drive in the 1st race at Geelong - outstanding ( and he did an absolute replica of that drive at Swan Hill a couple of weeks ago  ) - hes on a very ordinary horse - 11 starts prior for no placings - but purely his drive got the horse home 1st - owner should give him a sling for that 
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Watched that race Marko......gee, brave bet, you are in form, he didn't have a lot of exposed talent. Good move to switch from the 3 wide line down to the pegs after the horse on the leaders back got the staggers, don't think it would have run top 4 without the move. I know times have changed whip wise but as good a tactician and positioner of a horse as Gath was, I often had to look away when he went for them whereas Herbertson played it to perfection in rousing it to the line.
    Idont know how Vic do it Jay Jay -but that race at Geel - was for maidens - with terrible form - yet it was a 10k race with $5700 to the winner - that is very good stake money for that calibre of horse 

JayJay likes this post.

Can anyone tell me when the WA Derby will be this year? Thanks.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    30th April

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Ragazzo Mach could qualifiy  if he  comes.
    Racing at Winton first....then a bit of doubt still exists. Some certain the deal has been done, other expressing some doubts.

capgun likes this post.

Be Valve bouncing at 500k?----Jay Jay you haven't reach for the whirlpool tub--- buried near the orange tree.

JayJay, thefalcon likes this post.

Lol, way too many noughts to even minimally provoke my interest....major league players involved, I am just a water boy.

savethegame likes this post.

• Browny123Browny123    97 posts
    Wouldn’t be too keen paying big money for one to win a derby this year..I reckon this lot are special...Everyone getting horned up about magnificent storm,but would love to see him try sit outside a younger horse like lavra joe
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    As good as Lavra Joe is Browny in my opinion he would not be able to handle Magnificent Storm.

Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

Browny123 said:

Wouldn’t be too keen paying big money for one to win a derby this year..I reckon this lot are special...Everyone getting horned up about magnificent storm,but would love to see him try sit outside a younger horse like lavra joe

Geez mate I love Lavra Joe but look at his pearl run, ambled to the front got it his own way and Jet Star went 3 deep solo and beat him, Magnificent Storm would carry them.

VillageKid likes this post.

edited January 2021
    Thought  jumpingjackmac has not worn his best suit yet,Has looked a bit like whats this all about.Only time had something on him. he ran eight.bit stiff not to lob 1x1 early, to have better look at him,but he  seemed to stop start in the run & wasn't able to be fully tested.

Just looks like a slomokie horse that would start giggling at 2500.

Didn't go deep into dec.racing gives him a chance to deprive some benefit from his first campaign, his 1/2 sister some joy went 1.53.2---

Sure be a pearler hoping they all get there.
    Thought what have we got here when El casanova,& Finvarra ran the hands of the clock at pinj.-

But at there final start in respective campaigns----to the naked eye both looked like that run at pinj. had caught up with them ---unless there was other issues.
    Geez I dunno..lavra big parking in 54 for 2100 last start..hit the line a lot better same trip and time MS a week later..these crop of 3yo are outstanding..a few of them could run FFA sections month ago

Markovina, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Stamford benefited from its first start with a strong win from the breeze in 1:55.1. 

Still away to go to equal big brother.

VillageKid, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• PictureSon1973PictureSon1973    138 posts
    All is well if this crop of 3 & 4 Year Olds don’t get sold or injured .
    As can be seen gets every one up and about .

Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

Stamford benefited from its first start with a strong win from the breeze in 1:55.1. 

Still away to go to equal big brother.

I feel like every time I see a horse show promise at the moment when I check the breeding they are all by American Ideal.

VillageKid likes this post.

One for you JayJay.  My wife was enjoying a glass of Petaluma Croser Sparkling wine last night and I vaguely remember a handy pacer called Petaluma racing in WA. 

I think it may have been a mare and I am not sure of the era and can't remember trainer or driver.
    Early thoughts on the GP meeting tonight 

I think the best bet on an e/w basis ( only pays 1/2 ) is in race 1 Star of Willoughby $5.50 W $2 P 

Eye catching run last start - powered to the line - even allowing for the track bias  the no 1 who ran in that race was a far inferior run 

I   wouldnt mind SOW sitting in the breeze - take the luck out of it - and beat the 1 because it is a better horse
    Definitely existed did "Petaluma" Chariots, name rang a bell.....I think in the 1960's ..which makes it tricky to look up. Pre 1954 is easy, post 1990 is easy albeit a bit unreliable. Have got a link to it winning a York Cup in the 1960s but that's it. According to the HRA  data base, she (and she is a she) doesn't exist but will do some work on it.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited January 2021
    Chicago Bull has been spelled, due to a case of colic

https://twitter.com/ghall27/status/1351377471707332613?s=20
    JayJay said:

Definitely existed did "Petaluma" Chariots, name rang a bell.....I think in the 1960's ..which makes it tricky to look up. Pre 1954 is easy, post 1990 is easy albeit a bit unreliable. Have got a link to it winning a York Cup in the 1960s but that's it. According to the HRA  data base, she (and she is a she) doesn't exist but will do some work on it.

October 1963 Petaluma won the York Cup for owner, trainer, driver Fred Hough, mile rate 2.13.5.

Chariotsonfire likes this post.

My father got his best horse from Fred Hough in the 1950s in Billy Collette.

Won his first three races for him with Dad driving which was no mean feat.

Went on to run a close 3rd in the 1959 WA Trotting Cup to Jackie Scot (Harry Miller) and Taxi Boy (Phil Coulson). Won the Australia Day Cup at his next start. Great memories..

JayJay likes this post.

edited January 2021
    BUSSELTON Fields sizes altered to maximum--- 8 runners on advise of stewards effective from yesterday  18th jan.
    8 races and max 74 horses going around Friday ....blinds noms seem like a winner

Chopchop43 likes this post.

GP mainly RBD only 8 races one full field.

You reap what you sow.
  • aussiebattleraussiebattler    277 posts
    Browny123 said:

8 races and max 74 horses going around Friday ....blinds noms seem like a winner

I can’t see how they expect blind noms to help with increased fields ,at best they will only achieve the odd race standing up that might not have because of class disparity Of which they will probably result in an increase in scratchings or horses being sent back to trials for pp 

Certainly a lot less data available to us  ,can’t see details on number of individual noms ,no viewing of race preferences and quantity per race code ,can’t view  position on points table to be able to see if a chance to obtain a start , can’t self determine the strength of race entered for ,

JayJay likes this post.

• Chopchop43Chopchop43    151 posts

GP mainly RBD only 8 races one full field.

You reap what you sow.

I think this is more a case of people being turned off by blind noms rather than going back to some rbd races