G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 17 Non Members

Comments

• RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    Shutter cam gives a completely different and obviously more accurate picture.

PNG
    PNG
    2yo.PNG
    Can we assume that the TV camera's position has been moved? In the past it was past the post so you had to tack on a margin for the outside horse. If it looked a dead heat on the following angle, the outside always won clearly. Is this the image shown in The West?

PNG
    PNG
    r2.PNG
    After doing some more research, I think that the TV camera may actually have been moved in line with the post some time ago. I think also that it is possible that after the TV camera was moved, the white line that is angled across the screen in the TV shot wasn't adjusted. 
     Here is a tv camera view of a dead heat at Ascot (Superior Smile/Play Me Another) from 4/5/19.

PNG
    PNG
    dh.PNG
    Scrub all that. The TV camera is showing 25 frames per second and unfortunately the still shot that makes it look like the outside won is fractionally after the line.
     I can finally reconcile it by looking at the ground camera shot. Unfortunately we have consecutive frames just before and just after the line. When looking at race 1 you can see the ground camera is right on the angled white line.

imageimageimage
    PNG
    PNG
    p1.PNG
    PNG
    PNG
    p2.PNG
    PNG
    PNG
    gk.PNG
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Umpire's Decision 
    Play on  lol
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Going to a higher authority now . Lawers called in to reverse the placings. If succesful what happens to the punter that was on it. Suppose the argument there will be all clear soundsed pay tote

Manchild likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts
    I'm not sure how they think it will be ruled in their favour. Its not like its a judgment call or anything, the photo is the evidence and it is there for all to see.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    you'd have to have the wisdom of Solomon to sort this out.

its the closest thing to a dead heat you'll see and i think the judge erred not calling it one.
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    What if the judge got it wrong Flanders?
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    With enough money or contacts, you can dispute in court what ever you want these days.

This isn't solely about prize money surely? The difference in money between 1st and 2nd would be chicken feed for the lawyers.

If it's about getting the system right, this doesn't need to go to a high court.

There must be something more to this
    Ah now I get it. Their (Geisel Park) owned stallion Vert de Grece has sired the Geisel Park owned second place getter.......

So if the placings are reversed, they can sprout BS going forward about

"early 2yo season winning, precoscious, ready to run juveniles with outstanding confirmation and temperament.." (insert well known paid trainer comments)

Please. More unwanted publicity

spinking, jum, Flanders, Manchild likes this post.

Should Rig's be breeding? I'll see myself out.

thefalcon, spinking, Flanders, Manchild likes this post.

The system seems Rigged to me.

Ill follow @Rodent

spinking likes this post.

rodent, that would go over heads like a giraffe's fart... :-B
  • FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts
    spinking said:

What if the judge got it wrong Flanders?

the judge can only be wrong if there was an issue with the photo mechanism. If the photo we see on CRIS (the only official photo that a result is decided on) is a true and correct photo, I can't see how the judge is wrong.

JimmyPop likes this post.

eddie rigg is boss of argonaut securities, the name above the starting stalls. so he's got a few bob to fight his allegation with tom percy in his corner...that could be pro bono... ;))
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    317 posts
    spinking said:

Going to a higher authority now . Lawers called in to reverse the placings. If succesful what happens to the punter that was on it. Suppose the argument there will be all clear soundsed pay tote

A complete waste of time. There is a margin for the winner.
    The finish lynx is right on the line. The television camera is past the line.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    what a woftam....
    It took me a second, but i get what WOFTAM means

Thunderstruck, jum likes this post.

its taken me a few minutes, bomber....no result.. :-??

what.? we know what this stands for  ? ? ?

jum likes this post.

thefalcon said:

its taken me a few minutes, bomber....no result.. :-??

what.? we know what this stands for  ? ? ?
    Waste
    Of
    Far ken
    Time
    And
    Money 

:P
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    brady said:

Umpire's Decision 

Play on  lol
    In cricket DRS terms yes, it's "umpires call".

For my two bob though..............
    Inside horse has dark nose and shadow, which shows it's position clearly (and slightly advanced perhaps with shadow).
    Outside horse has white nose, which doesn't show up as clearly (white on white) and hence appears slight behind where it actually was.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,744 posts
    WOFTAM. New nickname for my ex girlfriend.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

WOFTAM. New nickname for my ex girlfriend.

Nickname for many i dare say Slip and p.c too in it's abbreviated form it ticks all the boxes  :))

• MinesACoronaMinesACorona    184 posts
    Jay Rooney on Twitter publishing article from Mr Rigg withdrawing protest

Jay Rooney on Twitter publishing article from Mr Rigg withdrawing protest

"Withdraw the appeal in good grace"
    After reading Rigg's statement, the words good grace were not really how I would have described the withdrawal of the appeal