G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 20 Non Members

Comments

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited January 2021
    And so it came to pass........... That Mr McGoo was advised federally 20 days ago to have hotel security staff checked daily for the virus. Pitifully the said Mark McGoo was too busy bathing in his bath of self ego to act upon said recommendation and only did so a few days ago.  By this point in time it had proved far too late and as our forum mate Carey would say..... The bird had flown.

detonator likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts

I wasn't going to bite back at Carey but Rodent your point is clearly made.

Good to have Curmudgeon chipping in. I like the Conservatives comment. Hey Mudge Conservatives always have plenty of brandy and cigars in stock...Even the non drinkers and non smokers..... Just in case as per today we are driven to it. 
    And lot's of dunny paper, Slip 8-}

And so it came to pass........... That Mr McGoo was advised federally 20 days ago to have hotel security staff checked daily for the virus. Pitifully the said Mark McGoo was too busy bathing in his bath of self ego to act upon said recommendation and only did so a few days ago.  By this point in time it had proved far too late and as our forum mate Carey would say..... The bird had flown.

Our bloke Dictator Dan, was worse. He signed up a former Sydney bankrupt who runs a so called security company and paid him 30 million. 

That bloke sub contracted the job to a union mob in Melbourne who employed people, one of which stated that he had received 10 minutes so called training.

The guards were screwing the women in quarantine. Some of them had second jobs in aged care facilities and passed on the virus in those homes, resulting in 800 needless deaths.

We had an inquiry,where no one had to tell the truth, and it resulted in a white wash.
    carey said:

privilege and self entitlement is what i reading.
    it was nothing to do with you, although i am sure you have that very same disease blue boy.
    Privilege and self entitlement. 

You'd make a perfect spokesman, oops, spokesperson, oops, spokes, non binary gender, or whatever it is, for the Democrats. 

Manchild likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    one thing I dont get, he goes to doctors surgery obviously with symptoms. Knowing the gravity of the situation and the high risk environment he works in, why did he cover more ground than bourke and wills in the following couple of days? Fair dinkum fuck up.

bookielover likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    ^^^^ He went to those places because nobody stopped him. 
    We put highly toxic people in hotels right in the middle of the most densely populated areas called the CBD.
    Then we send in security people to do whatever they do with IQ’s less than what I have in my little finger.
    In Mark Mcgoo’s presser today I am sure he used the word “TRUST”. I can only assume he was talking about people such as this security guard to do the right thing. 
    When it comes to managing important events, pandemics, insulation schemes, tent cities and overseeing companies like Serko, our governments track records are not great.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    paraletic said:

one thing I dont get, he goes to doctors surgery obviously with symptoms. Knowing the gravity of the situation and the high risk environment he works in, why did he cover more ground than bourke and wills in the following couple of days? Fair dinkum **** up.

My guess without knowing anything is 90% of Those contact locations are from the people this bloke lived withs movement’s. Many of them had him at 2 places at the same time for starters

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts

Our bloke Dictator Dan, was worse. He signed up a former Sydney bankrupt who runs a so called security company and paid him 30 million. 

That bloke sub contracted the job to a union mob in Melbourne who employed people, one of which stated that he had received 10 minutes so called training.

The guards were screwing the women in quarantine. Some of them had second jobs in aged care facilities and passed on the virus in those homes, resulting in 800 needless deat
    hs.
    We had an inquiry,where no one had to tell the truth, and it resulted in a white wash.
    I wasn't aware you wrote copy for the Herald Sun. 

JayJay, bookielover likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    McGoo has basked in his inflated glory pointing the finger with disdain at other state leaders while telling them and anyone who can bother to listen how great a job he is doing.

As Dr Phil would say....How is that now working out for you?

bookielover, paraletic likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    You watch Dr Phil?????

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    If there was a market framed what price this lockdown continues past Friday?
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    If this guard has followed protocols as he said he has done (and who checks on that every shift) . And has not had any contact with the carrier who must be in complete quarantine if positive . By that I mean can not leave there room. We might be in for some tough weeks ahead until they find out how the contamination occurred. The other part of this I find disturbing is how is a quarantine guard allow to drive for a ride share company as a second job?
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    A 20yo Indian Uber driver is a hotel quarantine security guard.... the mind boggles.

We have a military, already getting paid, why aren't they given the task of Quarantine security?

Is that too furgen simple?

The guards were screwing the women in quarantine. Some of them had second jobs in aged care facilities and passed on the virus in those homes, resulting in 800 needless deat
    hs.
    I wasn't aware you wrote copy for the Herald Sun. 
    Nup.

Peta Credlin
    ;)

Manchild likes this post.

spinking said:

If this guard has followed protocols as he said he has done (and who checks on that every shift) . And has not had any contact with the carrier who must be in complete quarantine if positive . By that I mean can not leave there room. We might be in for some tough weeks ahead until they find out how the contamination occurred. The other part of this I find disturbing is how is a quarantine guard allow to drive for a ride share company as a second job?

I'm taking the 1/20 on from Ladbrokes, that like others before him in other States, he's been a bit careless with the truth and more will come out over the next few days.
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    Rodent said:

Privilege....straight out of the lefty playbook. Many people have worked very hard for their 'privilege'.

and what comes out of YOUR playbook?
    i am privileged too, and i know it, now let's get on to the self entitlement bit.

many people work hard, and for various reasons can not get ahead, but that does not fit the righty playbook.
    and then too, many people have done sweet sweet fug all for their privilege.
    for example so called gamblers that pay no tax.

meatpie likes this post.

I wasn't going to bite back at Carey but Rodent your point is clearly made.

Good to have Curmudgeon chipping in. I like the Conservatives comment. Hey Mudge Conservatives always have plenty of brandy and cigars in stock...Even the non drinkers and non smokers..... Just in case as per today we are driven to it. 

rodent makes no point whatsoever
    moreso he proves MINE.

meatpie likes this post.

SKIDS said:

A 20yo Indian Uber driver is a hotel quarantine security guard.... the mind boggles.

We have a military, already getting paid, why aren't they given the task of Quarantine security?

Is that too furgen simple?
    On the one hand, you could give McGowan the benefit of the doubt and say that for the people of W.A, McGowan has done what he thought was right.It did keep the virus out for 10 months.

Having said that, you could also say that he has had his eyes on the March election, and that dictated his every move. 

When you look at the actions of every Labour Premier, they all mirror each other.

One case, and they go ballistic. The welfare of the economy is put aside, they don't worry about people being unemployed, because the Commonwealth Government is paying job keeper, they don't care how the lock down affects the mental well being of people, and they don't care about the future of small businesses or the tourism industry in their State.

Chapel Street in South Yarra was once termed the "Rodeo Drive" of  Australia. Every shop was high end fashion and when Hollywood personalities or anyone else famous came to Melbourne, Car racing drivers, tennis players etc, they all went to Chapel Street.

No more.

In just one block from, for those of you who know, Toorak Road to Commercial Road, there are 56 empty shops. It's gone, and won't come back.

I took the wife for a dental appointment to the city last Thursday around 11.30. She was done by one, so we decided to go for a bit of a walk around the City. 

Empty shop after empty shop. The Walk Arcade on Bourke Street completely shuttered. No one in Myer or David Jones. the Emporium empty. You could have shot a cannon down the mall and not hit anyone. 

That was probably the reason why the druggy who was driving at 100 down the mall, something, that after the tragedy that occurred there a few years ago, we were assured could never happen again, didn't hit anybody.

In March, Job Keeper ends and Job seeker gets cut to the bones, and Palachuk is already bleating. The tourism industry is rooted in Queensland. They have been pleading with her to open the border to allow tourists in especially from non so called hot spots. 

She would not budge and it was only this morning that she opened the border to NSW. Too little to late. Kids are back at school and anyway, holidays are over,and why would you risk going when, if someone coughs, she will close the borders again.

Now, she wants Morrison and Frydenberg to give her money. They have said, you got 29 Billion.What did you do with it? Hopefully, they won't give her a cracker. The way she treated people differently was disgraceful and despicable. 

A young lady from Canberra , where they hadn't had a case for three months, who wanted to visit her dying father was refused entry. She finally got in after he passed away, and was taken to the morgue where she had to be placed behind a glass partition to see the body. They wouldn't even let her get close to her deceased father's body.

A week later 400 AFL people were allowed into Queensland. Why? because according to their so called Health Director Janet Young, " they will bring 13 million into the economy". I wonder if the young lady had offered 13 million to Palachuk, if she could have gone to see her father prior to his passing. 

Palachuk proclaimed loudly when a pregnant woman with health issues living in Byron bay sought urgent medical attention in a Queensland hospital, that Queensland hospitals are for Queenslander's. She can go to a hospital in Sydney. The baby didn't make it. 

Does anyone want one more cent of their tax dollars going to that evil low life. 

The way Gladys in NSW, has conducted herself, is a template as to how to deal with this virus. 

You make sure your quarantining is done right, you make sure that if there is a breach, that your contract tracing system is worlds best practice, and you don't go into panic mode, but handle it by closing down the areas where an infection occurred, rather than the whole State. 

That is what she did with her latest outbreak, and that allowed all other areas, aside from two hot spots to function as per normal.

As I said in my opening post. I hope you don't have an outbreak and that the issue has been nipped in the bud.

In the meantime, please stay safe and well.

detonator, Manchild, SKIDS likes this post.

carey said:

privilege and self entitlement is what i reading.
    it was nothing to do with you, although i am sure you have that very same disease blue boy.
    Privilege and self entitlement. 

You'd make a perfect spokesman, oops, spokesperson, oops, spokes, non binary gender, or whatever it is, for the Democrats. 

what an idiotic response that is.
    it shows exactly who you are, or should that be what you are?
    and what have i to do with democrats?

although i will give you credit for brevity, instead of your usual twenty seven pages.

meatpie likes this post.

The guards were screwing the women in quarantine. Some of them had second jobs in aged care facilities and passed on the virus in those homes, resulting in 800 needless deaths.

i guess i should reply to this....
    that above from you is straight out, 100%, ****.
    i know, and i was going to say that you do too, but on second thoughts, you probably don't, as you will be a fan of credlin and dean and jones and all those others that tell lies for a living.
    rather than guards screwing, it is your head that is screwed.

and if the joint is so bad, why don't you fug off to another state.

meatpie likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    BL, Gladys .....a template???...............her and the very dishonorable member for Wagga Wagga? I wasn't going to participate in this, I think people beating their jaundiced political drums has no place on a racing forum, and this thread has the potential to degenerate into a pointless bunfight that will not change anyone's views whatsoever. If you want to lecture people in WA on how terrible Mark McGowan is, there are plenty of available forums for you to do so. But to hoist your own petard on the basis of Gladys as the gold standard?

carey, curmudgeon, VillageKid, tony likes this post.

carey said:

Rodent said:

Privilege....straight out of the lefty playbook. Many people have worked very hard for their 'privilege'.

i am privileged too, and i know it, now let's get on to the self entitlement bit.

many people work hard, and for various reasons can not get ahead, but that does not fit the righty playbook.
    If you feel so bad about having done well and sorry for those who don't, you can rid yourself of all  those guilty feelings which obviously haunt you, and  hand over the title of your house,and all your possessions to those people who work hard and cannot get ahead.

Have you ever thought why "so called gamblers pay no tax", because  unlike you, the tax office are fully aware that you can count the number of successful gamblers on the fingers of one hand.

And they also know that even successful gamblers have a bad year. 

They came to the conclusion that if they allowed punters to claim tax deductions due to gambling losses, it would cost the Commonwealth Government a fortune.

However, Carey, you can be a martyr to the cause. 

If your conscience disturbs you so much, that you feel guilty that when you have a win, none of  those winnings are contributed to the Treasury, then please,on behalf of all us, feel free to make your contribution. And make it a big one. 

If you mange to contribute enough,  the Government  may lessen the tax burden that we all bare.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts

spinking said:

I'm taking the 1/20 on from Ladbrokes, that like others before him in other States, he's been a bit careless with the truth and more will come out over the next few days.

On the money bookie. Already reports was on the beers at a pub all day yesterday. Cases popping up in freo. We will be locked down for weeks at worst
    JayJay said:

BL, Gladys .....a template???...............her and the very dishonorable member for Wagga Wagga? I wasn't going to participate in this, I think people beating their jaundiced political drums has no place on a racing forum, and this thread has the potential to degenerate into a pointless bunfight that will not change anyone's views whatsoever. If you want to lecture people in WA on how terrible Mark McGowan is, there are plenty of available forums for you to do so. But to hoist your own petard on the basis of Gladys as the gold standard?

Her affair did her no credit at all. 

However, that has got nothing to do with the way she has handled the outbreaks in her state. As I said. McGowan did a good job keeping the virus out. But the real test as to how he handles it comes now. 

JayJay said:

Her affair did her no credit at all. 

However, that has got nothing to do with the way she has handled the outbreaks in her state. As I said. McGowan did a good job keeping the virus out. But the real test as to how he handles it comes now. 

oh why don't you drop him a line, and say this is how you do it!!

carey said:

Rodent said:

If you feel so bad about having done well and sorry for those who don't, you can rid yourself of all  those guilty feelings which obviously haunt you, and  hand over the title of your house,and all your possessions to those people who work hard and cannot get ahead.

Have you ever thought why "so called gamblers pay no tax", because  unlike you, the tax office are fully aware that you can count the number of successful gamblers on the fingers of one hand.

And they also know that even successful gamblers have a bad year. 

They came to the conclusion that if they allowed punters to claim tax deductions due to gambling losses, it would cost the Commonwealth Government a fortune.

However, Carey, you can be a martyr to the cause. 

If your conscience disturbs you so much, that you feel guilty that when you have a win, none of  those winnings are contributed to the Treasury, then please,on behalf of all us, feel free to make your contribution. And make it a big one. 

If you mange to contribute enough,  the Government  may lessen the tax burden that we all bare.

who said i feel guilty?
    who said that my conscience is bothering me?

as for the tax, i was referring specifically to Rodent who despite calling himself a professional, decides that tax is something the less well off should pay, but not himself.
    as for gambling, i probably know more about it than you do, i just don't talk about it like some do.....no names mind you!!
    and i pay tax still, even though i no longer bet for myself.
    what was that about 'unlike you'?
    never presume, when you don't have the foggiest of foggies what i have done as far as gambling is concerned.

in other words you whole post was basically a page of presumptive nonsense, and nothing else.
    well done you
    oh and apologies for the length of my reply!
    not quite 27 pages, maybe next time.

meatpie likes this post.

In Mcgoos press conference yesterday Geoff Parry directly asked Mcgoo "why did this security guard have a second job as an uber driver when the rules said no second jobs were allowed"
    His response it was hard to control and you have to go on TRUST. WTF
    So the state is locked down, 00`s people have lost there lives over east because we TRUST these untrained low IQ unskilled workers to do the right thing.
    Military personnel should be used as they are getting paid anyway to do the job.
    The testing regularity was insufficient as well.
    If it come down to cost and resources then there are no excuses because look what it could potentially cost us in the weeks ahead.
    Mcgoo only has eyes on the election. His only camera time in recent times has been tent city and that wasn`t great for him. He strode in wearing his mask yesterday ready to get back in the limelight.....at our expense. 
    This will be another govt cover up when it comes blame time.
    detonator said:

In Mcgoos press conference yesterday Geoff Parry directly asked Mcgoo "why did this security guard have a second job as an uber driver when the rules said no second jobs were allowed"

His response it was hard to control and you have to go on TRUST. WTF
    So the state is locked down, 00`s people have lost there lives over east because we TRUST these untrained low IQ unskilled workers to do the right thing.
    Military personnel should be used as they are getting paid anyway to do the job.
    The testing regularity was insufficient as well.
    If it come down to cost and resources then there are no excuses because look what it could potentially cost us in the weeks ahead.
    Mcgoo only has eyes on the election. His only camera time in recent times has been tent city and that wasn`t great for him. He strode in wearing his mask yesterday ready to get back in the limelight.....at our expense. 
    This will be another govt cover up when it comes blame time.

maybe you can go live in the UK or US, as you are so unhappy about how the states are doing here.

or better still, why don't you drop him a line and tell him how to fix it all.
    you would have the joint going great in next to no time.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Gladys ...the gold standard shredder. What a shifty piece of work she is....didn't like being told that an ICAC inquiry requires answers under oath.....not like parliament.

Predictable post Trumpian dead cat bounce in Sky News commentary from Pinhead Murray etc with regard to the WA case. They have been waiting with crossed fingers for this to occur....but unlucky...it will be over soon enough & the WA outbreak will be recorded as 1 in twelve months.

The SA response was similar to McGowans and was highly effective...not much conservative commentary on that though.

BL .......give me 5/1 about Dan the man winning the next Vic election if you are so sure he is a bodgy leader. I want to top up my super.

Politics aside .....Why isn't Xmas Island being used more substantially for every returning or international quarantine citizen into WA. Hotel Quarantine has been the failure in EVERY state in terms of virus outbreak. Brainless to have high density population surrounding the quarantine points.

savethegame, carey likes this post.

Which hotel are you watching over Carey ? Lol  =))

This discussion has been closed.