G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 37 Non Members

Comments

• careycarey    6,368 posts
    Rodent said:

carey said:

you most certainly have, but there is no way i am going looking for it, and we have had this conversation more than once before.

in any case if you want to me to say nothing, then keep your mouth shut in the first instance.
    then i have nothing to respond to.

what that has to do with chips,shoulders,and seagulls, i guess only a RWNJ could see.

I don't call myself a professional and you can't produce the evidence that I do.
    Why are you even here? You said you were finished with racing ages ago.
    Suffering from relevance deprivation syndrome no doubt.
    you have, and that you now decide you have not is a matter for you.
    i am 100% positive you have.

why should i not be 'here'?
    i may have said that i don't bet, but that does not mean i don't have a racing income does it?
    one that i pay my tax on even.

i am here because because...well just because.
    maybe i will hang around just to reply to all your posts, like you did my first in this thread.

when one gets personal that is when you show your true colours,
    i guess I should not have said RWNJ, but then I am averse to telling lies, and it was a fair response to you, that you have decided needs adding to.

relevance deprivation......thank you for the chuckle, i doubt i have ever had any relevance in the big scheme of things.
    same as you

Gee you talk some s*** Carey.

well said sir.

detonator said:

carey said:

you most certainly have, but there is no way i am going looking for it, and we have had this conversation more than once before.

in any case if you want to me to say nothing, then keep your mouth shut in the first instance.

what that has to do with chips,shoulders,and seagulls, i guess only a RWNJ could see.

I had to google what RWNJ stands for.
    That’s 5 seconds of my life I will never get back.
    :-B

that is actually very very funny,
    i have to now apologise, you do indeed have some humour in there, especially when you are not trying to be humourous
    how many people besides you, do you think needed to google it?
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Hi Mr Carey. This discussion is bringing back some memories of the good/bad old days.

I'm pretty confident most of us on here are doing it pretty well and on balance, would agree that we are extremely fortunate to be living in a great part of the world. Yes, things could be done better but the great thing is we get to have a say every few years to try and make it so.

I always  try to change the subject when politics, religion and race start being discussed as I don't think I've ever convinced anyone to change their opinion and to be honest, I'm pretty set in my ways too. 

So, at the races yesterday, as we were getting our tickets, Willie wandered through with his gear. One of my mates made a comment like, "he's looking a bit casual." The fellow next to us piped us and said -" I hope not, he's riding mine in the first!"

Sure enough, the wizard got it home and as the owner made his way to the winners stall, he face was beaming. As he left the course, he still had the smile on his face and I was able to quickly go over and congratulate him. Just a shame another 5 owners couldn't have that feeling later in the day.

carey, savethegame, Voodoo, oldhendo, thefalcon likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    carey said:

detonator said:

carey said:

I had to google what RWNJ stands for.
    That’s 5 seconds of my life I will never get back.
    :-B

that is actually very very funny,
    i have to now apologise, you do indeed have some humour in there, especially when you are not trying to be humourous
    how many people besides you, do you think needed to google it?
    Apology accepted scarey.
    You can now become my new BFF. 
    :D

savethegame likes this post.

Hi Mr Carey. This discussion is bringing back some memories of the good/bad old days.

I'm pretty confident most of us on here are doing it pretty well and on balance, would agree that we are extremely fortunate to be living in a great part of the world. Yes, things could be done better but the great thing is we get to have a say every few years to try and make it so.

I always  try to change the subject when politics, religion and race start being discussed as I don't think I've ever convinced anyone to change their opinion and to be honest, I'm pretty set in my ways too. 

So, at the races yesterday, as we were getting our tickets, Willie wandered through with his gear. One of my mates made a comment like, "he's looking a bit casual." The fellow next to us piped us and said -" I hope not, he's riding mine in the first!"

Sure enough, the wizard got it home and as the owner made his way to the winners stall, he face was beaming. As he left the course, he still had the smile on his face and I was able to quickly go over and congratulate him. Just a shame another 5 owners couldn't have that feeling later in the day.

hello my friend.

Of course one will never change their minds, but who is trying?
    politics should have no place in a racing forum, but stuffed if i am going to read the 27 page guy's **** posts and not comment on something i feel strongly about
    don't forget i am in melbourne, and most of what he is saying is unmitigated nonsense,
    what our lockdown meant to me personally, and others that probably copped it harder than i did, makes it so much harder to read his crap, when it probably inconvenienced him a little and that was it.
    not to mention all the medics and nurses and other health care people fully agreeing with what andrews did most of the time,
    even if there was some mistakes made he did well, as did all the states as far as a i can tell.
    if the federal arsewipes got their way we would now be the UK or USA.
    thankfully the states prevailed.

anyway politics is apparently allowed here, unless somebody rocks the boat and expresses opposing views, and then......

i best go though, as rodent says i don't belong here, because i am not a racing person and i pay tax.

curmudgeon likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    edited February 2021
    If I had shares in a profitable racing business, I'd be paying tax on that income too.
    You act like you do it out of the goodness of your heart. Instead, you are legally obliged to.
    p.s For the record, I am not a professional punter. Despite your "recollection", I never have been.
    that insinuates i never paid tax previously.
    but the facts are since 1975(or maybe 76), [and my day job before then] i have, and i was no more than you claim to be.
    maybe i just have a different take on what is right, than what you do.

anyway, you are just the sideshow in this topic, as you needed to pop in with your 2 bob's worth.
    my ire is more directed at the 27 pages guy, and you are irrelevant to that...see it's not just me with no relevance.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Rodent said:

For the record, I am not a professional punter. Despite your "recollection", I never have been.

And your tips on here prove it  :)) :))

I couldn't resist your open invitation Rodent

Rodent likes this post.

• VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts

Rodent said:

For the record, I am not a professional punter. Despite your "recollection", I never have been.

And your tips on here prove it  :)) :))

I couldn't resist your open invitation Rodent
    Gold...as per the norm...
    edited February 2021
    SKIDS said:

Jell said:

SKIDS said:

A 20yo Indian Uber driver is a hotel quarantine security guard.... the mind boggles.

We have a military, already getting paid, why aren't they given the task of Quarantine security?

Is that too furgen simple?
    I'm not sure what him being Indian has to do with it...?

But yes, you would think someone a bit more qualified would be in charge of quarantine security.

You obviously haven't ridden in too many ubers with an Indian driver.

I remember one, the stench was so bad, I had to have my window down in pouring rain and 5 degrees outside.... not renowned for their hygiene practices was "What it has to do with it"

so here i was at the aquatic centre this morning, and was off to the shower after my swim.
    the guy(assume he was indian) was already in the shower.
    i was about 5 minutes under the shower, and he was still going.
    dried off, got dressed, had a ****, and he was still under the shower.
    still there as i left the dressing room.
    bloody annoying actually, as others were waiting to shower, but do you think he stank just like your uber driver did?
    See smug Mcgoo copping it left right and centre over the quarantine debacle.

His go to defence is "on the advice I have received" and.......TRUST.

SKIDS likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    Did you see the pokey little unit 4 people were living in, with rotting garbage on the porch?
    The facts speak for themselves.
    He's obviously full of crap too... not working as a ride share driver, yet visits 3 petrol stations within 36hrs. Goes to a gym AFTER visiting a doctor and calling in sick.

How these peanuts in government organize a 'security' procedure is laughable.

JimmyPop likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    spinking said:

If there was a market framed what price this lockdown continues past Friday?

$1.04
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Suppose Pinjarra Saturday would be in extreme doubt??
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Suppose Pinjarra Saturday would be in extreme doubt??

Yep, Ive got a mates Bucks show at the Narrogin races Sunday. I reckon that will be cancelled by Thursday.
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    I think the racing was resume but it will be all crowdless

thefalcon likes this post.

• LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Even Victoria never suspended racing and they were in a position that was a lot worse than us
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    detonator said:

See smug Mcgoo copping it left right and centre over the quarantine debacle.

Badge of honour to get criticism from that fool McCormack and his crackpot mate Barilaro. Sky News envoys that pair of dangerous idiots.

carey, meatpie, curmudgeon likes this post.

Constructive advice from me to the Govt in moving forward with this quarantine debacle.

Anyone working in the quarantine hotels should have a hotline to ring if they get symptoms.
    Such as a 1800 number strictly for this purpose.
    The govt should have 8 doctors who are rostered on call to take these 1800 calls and act straight away.
    They should tell the worker to go home straight away or stay put in their house or apartment until that doctor pays them a visit immediately.

This latest bloke got symptoms on Friday. Then rang in sick next morning and visited his GP at 5.00pm Saturday afternoon.  WTF

JimmyPop likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
     this thread has created a lot of thoughts and comments about the health and safety of West Aussies . And has overshadowed the other evolving emergency which for some is on their doorstep. My thoughts and prayers (even though i am not a religous man) are with the firefighters and people who have lost homes and others who are in reach of the massive bushfire raging  just down the road  really. Hopefully the winds will ease and give them some releif very very soon . There are a few racing stables and studs not far from the fire front at the moment. Keep safe boys and girls . We are thinking of you
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Ryan Bell got all his horses out (19), the old Tilden Park Stud area is a disaster. Worse to come if the wind stays up.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Caught the end of a discussion this morning when Howson(sic?) from Magic Millions was daying they had taken a number of horses from the affected area to their sales complex
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Back on the coronavirus situation, a sceond day of zero positives with 16000 tests yesterday.
    When your a guard working on the same floor of a Covid infected person who has the highly contagious UK strain you are not required to wear a mask if the infected people are behind closed doors.
    But if you want to walk outside your house to go to the supermarket you must wear a mask or cop a fine.
    No big deal if the state goes into lockdown because you don’t believe being 10 feet  from the area where UK Covid lives is minimal risk. Am I missing something ????
    8-}

Manchild, SKIDS likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    How do those firefighters do it? Amazing work. I would just manage to put out somebody's cigarette let alone battle a fire.
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts

How do those firefighters do it? Amazing work. I would just manage to put out somebody's cigarette let alone battle a fire.

Do an anazing job,and don't get enough thanks for all they do,they are amazing.
  • bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    edited February 2021
    carey said:

One case. Massive fire emergency, and perth firefighters have had to put in place covid safe firefighting. So instead of the regular complement of firefighters in a truck, providing a full on fight against the fires, they can have a bloke up the front driving and a couple of others in the truck.

carey said:

That in itself is an absolute joke. Plus you haven’t had a case for three  days, the blokes flat mates have tested negative, and you are in total lockdown 

carey said:
    carey said:

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    Sorry, got no idea what happened there. I think Carey is haunting me ????????
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Yes obviously all the best thoughts and hopes for the people affected by these numerous bush fires every year 

However speaking from experience - i think some people have to evaluate where you live 

For 3-4 years i had a lovely little cottage in rural cottage Tasmania on about 3 acres - and if it wasnt for an ecological disaster down their of  an estimated Wallaby population of 8 million - and the pricks ate absolutely everything bar agapanthus  then there is a good chance i would still be their 

Sure there was some gum trees to one side - but there was plenty of rolling pastures - and i was right on the river - so if the worst happened - i would simply go out the front gate - cross the road - down the embankment to the river - and i had a sailing boat and i was gone 

Every couple of weeks on the internet - out of interest - re that area - i look at houses sold and houses for sale - and you just shake your head in disbelief where some people build - you have to be able to get out if the worst happens

This discussion has been closed.