G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members

Comments

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Markovina said:

i think some people have to evaluate where you live 

Valid point Marko. Numerous suburbs spring to mind. Darlington would be the main one for me and those surrounding suburbs Mahogany Creek etc.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited February 2021
    GLAMOUR said:

Do an anazing job,and don't get enough thanks for all they do,they are amazing.

They were supposedly told to adhere to the covid rules. That is lunacy. Somehow I don't think that is a priority when you are saving immediate lives and property rather than a vague could be. I would doubt the firefighters would have adhered to that and neither they should have. On the fact front the virus would not survive in extreme heat.

detonator, spinking likes this post.

• careycarey    6,368 posts

Sorry, got no idea what happened there. I think Carey is haunting me ????????

good, i will be waiting to pounce on your next bit of murdochracy ****.

i also saw that you called me a joke and that yours was all truth and in the commission report.
    so then, having that report in my possession, i went and checked the comments on the guards screwing.
    3 guesses to how many time that was referenced in the report.
    it never happened.

TIP: newscorp or sky are NOT the authors of said report!!
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Roger Cook was asked 4 direct questions this morning in regards to this lock down and PPE.
    His responses were as follows
    That is a question for another govt/medical dept.
    We are investigating.
    I have asked them to write to me.
    We are investigating.

I have had a gut full of our politicians and people in authority hand balling and spinning crap on important matters to avoid being truthful to the general public.
    Fair dinkum amateurs. Sorry professional bu**sh** artists.

JimmyPop, Manchild likes this post.

• JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    detonator said:

Roger Cook was asked 4 direct questions this morning in regards to this lock down and PPE.

We are investigating.
    We are investigating.

I have had a gut full of our politicians and people in authority hand balling and spinning crap on important matters to avoid being truthful to the general public.
    So true. I couldn't believe yesterday he stated that "not all staff in hotel quarantine need to wear masks" Well why do we have to wear masks in the community if your first port of call in holding back this Chinese virus doesn't adhere to the same measures. I am with you Detonator, he has proven to be worthless as a political leader.

detonator likes this post.

JimmyPop said:

detonator said:

We are investigating.
    We are investigating.

So true. I couldn't believe yesterday he stated that "not all staff in hotel quarantine need to wear masks" Well why do we have to wear masks in the community if your first port of call in holding back this Chinese virus doesn't adhere to the same measures. I am with you Detonator, he has proven to be worthless as a political leader.
    i don't want to comment on WA, but I have been wearing a mask for about 9 months and it's now second nature.
    i had an exemption when it became mandatory, but decided to wear one anyway, as it's the right thing to do in the circumstances.
    even wear one in the warm water pool at the aquatic centre, although remove it for my swim, but that is only time i do, when not at home.
    as most of us have done the right thing, at the moment we are going well, and have nearly all our freedoms back.

oldhendo likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    edited February 2021

carey said:

SKIDS said:

Jell said:

SKIDS said:

A 20yo Indian Uber driver is a hotel quarantine security guard.... the mind boggles.

We have a military, already getting paid, why aren't they given the task of Quarantine security?

Is that too furgen simple?
    I'm not sure what him being Indian has to do with it...?

But yes, you would think someone a bit more qualified would be in charge of quarantine security.

You obviously haven't ridden in too many ubers with an Indian driver.

I remember one, the stench was so bad, I had to have my window down in pouring rain and 5 degrees outside.... not renowned for their hygiene practices was "What it has to do with it"

so here i was at the aquatic centre this morning, and was off to the shower after my swim.
    the guy(assume he was indian) was already in the shower.
    i was about 5 minutes under the shower, and he was still going.
    dried off, got dressed, had a ****, and he was still under the shower.
    still there as i left the dressing room.
    bloody annoying actually, as others were waiting to shower, but do you think he stank just like your uber driver did?
    Carey, the most concerning learning of this entire thread for me is that you take a dump AFTER you shower.

Rookie error, you’re better than that.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

it was a P I S S , but that word is censored here.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts

Sorry, got no idea what happened there. I think Carey is haunting me ????????

good, i will be waiting to pounce on your next bit of murdochracy ****.

i also saw that you called me a joke and that yours was all truth and in the commission report.
    so then, having that report in my possession, i went and checked the comments on the guards screwing.
    3 guesses to how many time that was referenced in the report.
    it never happened.

TIP: newscorp or sky are NOT the authors of said report!!
    The facts are that it was widely reported in the AGE, left wing newspaper, that a number of guards had sexual relations as they put it, with females who were in quarantine.

That aside, I note you don't quote anything else out of the report from an inquiry which cost the Victorian taxpayer 5.4 million dollars,and effectively concluded zero.

Interestingly,the legal team hired by the Labour Government to defend, Martin Pakula, and Jacinta Allen, and Andrews etc. were paid over 7 million dollars, which is two million more than the Coates inquiry cost.  

The fact is, that the virus was picked up by the so called security guards working at the quarantine hotels, many of whom had a second job at aged care facilities, and they then spread the virus to our most vulnerable who died as a result.

800 of them, and you don't give a stuff.

What is further beyond dispute, is that  the owner of the security company hired to do the job in Melbourne, was a twice bankrupted  individual who has got deep Union connections within the Labour party. The contract was worth 30 million. 

He then subcontracted the job to a a few Melbourne based Companies. A number of security guards appeared on A Current Affair and admitted that they had little or no training how to do the job, and that guards had got very close to female and male individuals who were quarantining in the hotels.

As you would know, or maybe you don't, A Current Affair is a program on the 9 network and part of the 9 group who own 3 AW Melbourne, and the Age, Sydney Morning Herald and Financial Review, all left leaning publications.

Yet, unlike you, even they could not stand by and accept the tragedy inflicted upon hundreds of families who lost their loved ones, due to Dan Andrew's incompetence and ineptitude.

The inquiry was a toothless tiger, in that it had no subpoena powers, and did not even request the texts or phone messages between Andrews and his Ministers,which would have been most revealing. 

Therefore, it came to no conclusion that even though Martin Pakula's name signed the contract for the 30 million, due to sudden memory loss on the part of the witnesses called to the inquiry, no one was held responsible for making the ultimate decision as to the hiring of the NSW security Company, and how the quarantining was run.

And the obvious question is why?

The answer is pretty obvious. Andrews introduced a law, now in place through WorkCover, which holds personally responsible, the owner of a business, where a worker dies as a result of a work place accident. Said owner can be charged with manslaughter or murder.

Therefore, had Andrews or any other Minister been held responsible by the inquiry, for making the decision to employ a Security Company or companies, whose employees were then responsible for the deaths of 800 innocent people, that minister, or Andrews, could have been charged with manslaughter or murder.

That couldn't be allowed to happen.

So, Carey, keep those blinkers on. Continue to live in your fantasy world, that Andrews who is singularly responsible for the 112 day lockdown we endured, did a good job.

The rest of us who live here know the truth.

Mind you, unlike you who wear those blinkers that don't allow you to see the wood for the trees, I'm prepared to say, that even allowing for all Andrew's stuff up's and fault's, he will still bolt in at the next election in 2022. 

One reason,is that the Liberal opposition is led by a week joke of a bloke called Michael O'Brien. If you asked Victorians, who is the leader of the Liberal Party, they wouldn't have a clue.

P.S. Sorry to disappoint you. I could only get this post to 26 pages. I promise I'll do better next time.
    :D

detonator likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    For me, this all stems from the use of outside or private security companies. I cannot believe these were the only options available for this type of job?

I say this as I am accutely aware of the ins and outs and seeming endless precautions taken to try to get samples and data from returning travellers or local infections for the purpose of a WA Covid Research Response.

It's disheartening, as we cannot obtain consented, sample and data collection in the hotels for the good of WA Health, full stop. Rightly so, it is deemed to high a biosecurity risk if people go in to do this. And when I say people, I mean highly trained, experienced research staff.

To see then seemingly uninformed, untrained security staff that are barely out of highschool used as security in these hotels just beggars belief. Its a slap in the face to the experienced, trained individuals trying to help and manage this problem.

VillageKid, detonator likes this post.

• Like it’s been said before use the army their allready being paid by us and I’m sure they’d do a better job

detonator, thefalcon, Manchild likes this post.

QUOTING MR Hyperbole:800 of them and you don't give a stuff

not a chance i will read anymore after that.
    you are seriously fugged in the head.
    i suspected you were an idiot, but it appears to go much deeper than that.

so costello's mob that run the age are left......spare me the idiocy.
    they were once probably a little favourable to Labor side of things, but that is now a distant memory.
    i wonder what tippy would have to say about being called left.

Like it’s been said before use the army their allready being paid by us and I’m sure they’d do a better job

not sure, about WA, but recently when Andrews requested army, he was refused by the feds.

VillageKid likes this post.

H-BOMBER said:

For me, this all stems from the use of outside or private security companies. I cannot believe these were the only options available for this type of job?

I say this as I am accutely aware of the ins and outs and seeming endless precautions taken to try to get samples and data from returning travellers or local infections for the purpose of a WA Covid Research Response.

It's disheartening, as we cannot obtain consented, sample and data collection in the hotels for the good of WA Health, full stop. Rightly so, it is deemed to high a biosecurity risk if people go in to do this. And when I say people, I mean highly trained, experienced research staff.

To see then seemingly uninformed, untrained security staff that are barely out of highschool used as security in these hotels just beggars belief. Its a slap in the face to the experienced, trained individuals trying to help and manage this problem.

my understanding(and it could be wrong), is that the states were given a list of companies they could use by the feds.
    vic was not the only state to use private companies is my understanding.
    hindsight is a wonderful thing, but tat the time there was urgency involved, so it stands to reason that mistakes are going to be made.

perhaps if the feds along with the states had a contingency plan, it may have worked out better, but the vic inquiry report make sit plain that there was no such plan

from the report...

82. While this Inquiry has no remit or jurisdiction to examine any action or inaction by the
    Commonwealth, given the role of the Commonwealth through the Commonwealth Pandemic
    Plan and the lead that it provides to the states and territories, it would be unfair to judge
    Victoria’s lack of planning for a mandatory quarantining program given the Commonwealth,
    itself, had neither recommended nor developed such a plan.

thus obviously WA will have had no guidance from the feds either
    and i should also not that feds are not only responsible for quarantine which they fobbed of to the states, they were also those in charge of  regulating the aged care facilities where most of the victorian's died.
    the state controlled facilities had i think only 6 deaths.

maybe if the for profits regulated by the feds paid their workers a living wage so that did not need 2 (or 3) jobs, and had minimum staffing levels, and nourished their residents properly then.......

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Completely agree @carey
    H-BOMBER said:

Completely agree @carey

thank you bomber, you are one of the sane and rational ones IMO.
    did you know that Kerry Stokes is the second larger shareholder in Estia Health, and two of those facilities were among the worst hit here.
    Profit before people.
    And yet our premier killed them all, says those that get their 'news' from Rupert's minions.

Like it’s been said before use the army their allready being paid by us and I’m sure they’d do a better job

For those Defence force people that can potentially take over the job, Army Navy and Airforce I am all for there involvement. 
    Apart from the personnel that are overseas I am sure we can use on a roster basis those that are here doing valuable tasks like mechanical jobs such as servicing tanks etc. Or electricians servicing radar equipment. Are you picking up what I am putting down.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited February 2021
    or those personnel i've seen first hand assigned to lengthy projects rebuilding community housing in the pilbara, where the existing tenants had obviously identified "design flaws"  :P

detonator, paraletic likes this post.

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    The military are not trained for that work, i recall in the mid 70s they would be called out to help to fight the bush fires in the Blue Mountains in NSW and they had lots of problems. That was soon stoped.
    oldhendo said:

The military are not trained for that work, i recall in the mid 70s they would be called out to help to fight the bush fires in the Blue Mountains in NSW and they had lots of problems. That was soon stoped.

What work are you talking about Oldhendo ?
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    More than capable for security detail, monitoring lockdown and detainment of people is right in their wheelhouse imo, they would or should run rings around average joe type security guards.
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    I’m all for protecting the community and some measures were needed in this instance but with 0 cases in 3 days surely people start to realise this has been over the top?   Why is the community seeming to cop being imprisoned within their own homes on a whim of a few public Servants? Why do we cop having to wear a mask when going for a walk in a park nowhere near another person yet a hotel quarantine worker doesn’t need one when working the same floor of a confirmed case?

We need to continually question any measures that restrict our basic freedoms and not succumb the fear that’s being peddled.  Ask questions on all measures introduced don’t just accept blindly.  Again some measures maybe necessary but they should be explaining why every time exactly not just the throw away “expert advise”

detonator, thefalcon likes this post.

Haven`t seen a press gallery go so hard at the persons behind the mic as I did today.
    Even their patience are waning at the spin and handballing that we are receiving.
    I`m voting the other politician in at the next election. I don`t know his name but I don`t care.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited February 2021
    carey said:

and i should also not that feds are not only responsible for quarantine which they fobbed of to the states, they were also those in charge of  regulating the aged care facilities where most of the victorian's died.
    the state controlled facilities had i think only 6 deaths.

maybe if the for profits regulated by the feds paid their workers a living wage so that did not need 2 (or 3) jobs, and had minimum staffing levels, and nourished their residents properly then.......

Beware of Greeks bearing Aged Care. Just how did the two Aged Care Millionaire Maserati drivers get approval from the Federal Government to shift from Melbourne to Greece a couple of weeks ago? Was their evidence at the Aged Care Inquiry going to embarrass the Feds ....you bet it was ....best grant them a visa in a pandemic and get them surreptitiously off the scene.

carey, detonator, savethegame likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    there's mooney in care...here in WA we have a couple who have child care centres, both drive vehicles only the very wealthy can afford...maseratis, ferraris, top of the range mercs etc etc.'btw all they do is completely legal.
    hasn't peter duttons wife got a similar money-maker going in qld?
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    massive growth industries, aged care and child care. Looking at some of the business owners tho, i wouldnt leave my goldfish in their care.
  • sonnysonny    1,053 posts
    Our society needs more civil discussion not less.. You cant persuade people to change their mind if you only talk to people that you agree with...
     quote Tim Wilson...

bookielover likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    Just a couple of points,then I'm done with this.

Our Premier was offered the Army to help with the quarantine hotels, he knocked it back.

They hired a private company because they were looking after their Union mates. 800 people paid the ultimate price. The feds are in charge of the Aged care facilities, and are also to blame over what happened, however, ultimately, allowing untrained people to work in the quarantine hotels, and then allow them to have a second job in these aged care facilities, is on Mr. Andrews. 

The fact that Peter Costello is a director at the Age, is meaningless. He is as much a right wing conservative, as is Malcolm Turnbull, who was a Liberal Prime Minister of this country, yet funded the establishment of the far left Guardian news organisation in this Country.

Anyone who believes that the Age newspaper, is not a bastion of left wing ideology, has been living in a cave in the You Yang mountains.

Anyway, we now have a case in Victoria, I just watched Dictator Dan tell us not to panic, while he looked like he needed a change of nappies.

WE all hope and pray here, that this will be the only case, and they have nipped it in the bud.

This State is economically rooted, and we can't cop another lockdown.

If there is, I reckon there will be hell to pay. And you can say ta ta to the Australian Open, just for starters.

• meatpiemeatpie    410 posts
    edited February 2021
    detonator said:

Haven`t seen a press gallery go so hard at the persons behind the mic as I did today.

Even their patience are waning at the spin and handballing that we are receiving.
    I`m voting the other politician in at the next election. I don`t know his name but I don`t care.
    Desperate overreach

and the chances that you where ever voting other than Liberal is laughable, feigned objectiveness.

curmudgeon, VillageKid likes this post.

This discussion has been closed.