G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 40 Non Members

I don't want Nick Kyrgios representing my country, Australia

Sport

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ they're serbians, bomber, remember they are pharqueing serbs.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Novak defaulted becos of an accidental shot which collected a lineswoman in the throat...he really is cursed as far as the US Open goes(3-5 in Finals)
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Wow..didnt look too bad but a player cant be doing that i suppose..not sure i feel too sorry for him really.

Clayton's tournament anyway but who is gonna win it now... :-?

*Also Pmsl at Kyrgios's tweet ..and he makes a fair point he would have actually been hung on the court but it's time to lay off now Nick move on from your gripe with him it's over.
    Medvedev is fav now and I have him at $11.50 in a multi but I wouldnt be surprised if Thiem or Zverev win it either.
    edited September 2020
    Doubt Zverev can win it, he will choke as he has a seriously shaky temperament...and 2nd serve.
    Zverev is a 3/1 on fav to make the final. Medvedev just won thru to the semis and will face the winner of Thiem/De Minaur(played later this morning). Thiem was the better player for the majority in the Aus Open final v Novak  so it should be a helluva match. Even without Federer, Nadal & Novak, I wouldn't call this an asterisk slam. This is about generation next. Their time was gonna come sooner or later.
    Thiem has been knocking on the door for a while and now i suppose Medvedev too.
    Haven't watched much but id say either of these two should beat Zverev as he is too erratic, however he could do a Safin and play a perfect final i guess.

Rublev looks to have a bigger game than Med but is also more erratic/volatile.May improve more too, is only 22 i think.
    edited September 2020
    Thiem went good, interesting to note their similar stature he and De Minaur if anything Alex is a bit taller but noticeably slimmer
    Just needs to bulk up a bit(not even10%)and needs to somehow crank his serve up by a similar level and he can do top 10 comfortably i reckon.

Be his own man definitely but you could do worse than model yourself on the Austrian to some degree, at 27 he has only peaked in the last 2 years maximum so i see good upside for the youngish 21 yo Aussie.
    Serena really ain't gonna win another major :)]
    Correct, is too old now so her lower level of agility is becoming more of an issue..the Sheila she met in the qtr's that hadnt played a tournament for 3 years should have beaten her too!
    Osaka won the women's title after dropping the first set 1-6. I had an Windstorm/Osaka(pre semi finals) multi worth ~$500  :((
    Wow does women's tennis ebb and flow or what i think Azarenka was up a break in the 2nd set too.
    Matches can just flip on a mood swing time and time again :D

I see Thiem has a foot injury concern hope that doesnt derail him winning the final.
    edited September 2020
    Azarenka had her opportunities late in the deciding set, too. Definitely had the momentum when she broke back after being down 4-2(I think). I would've backed her at the $2.50 anyway and guaranteed myself a $200 profit.  :-<
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Listening to Tim Walker and Steve Butler arguing about Nick Kyrgios this morning on radio re Nicks behaviour.
    I did have a wry smile when Steve said Lleyton is a player who effectively is a player who upholds the values Nick should follow and be like.
    Except for when Lleyton complained to the central umpire  that he was on the wrong side of a line call because the linesman was the same colour as the player he was playing against.
    That player was the African/American James Blake. 
    :-?
    edited February 2021
    Yes not his finest hour, not sure LH is the perfect role model because...

I was going to start a thread tennis based around our cringeworthy supporting in the ATP cup not sure i might be a bit "grinchy" but all the cmon's alah Hewitt and fist bumps just because they make a volley etc etc..kinda makes me PUKE my bad? i know they all probably do it but De Minaur(who will be a top tenner when he develops into a man :P )is exactly like Lleyton :-&
    How about be a bit less about the gamesmanship and play bigger? or develop a real weapon so you can do same? idk like i said maybe i am being too snakey about it but i like some humility myself.

Met Steve Butler at Mingenew races briefly last year, seems like a good bloke.

and you mentioned Nick, i'd rather watch him play he is less about the bullshizz and more aggro plus entertaining(what a rollercoaster his mind must be), he was in the right with the ump the other day too re the time warning.

detonator likes this post.

^^^^^ 100% agree on everything you have just commented on.  =D>

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Phew glad i wasnt coming across as being a grumpy brick with a P cheers Det.
    edited February 2021
    Watching a match on one of the outside courts just now, there are NO linespersons at all :-O

Note Kyrgios is under an injury cloud(again), not sure how that happens with minimal or no matches in the past year but maybe he just isn't fit enough and or has shithouse/degenerative knees..could be either idk.
    Brace yourselves for some "entertainment" tonight on 9 :D

EDIT..actually it might on from around 4pm our time.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    At lest the players cannot argue with line calls as hawk eye does not answer back.

Of all the matches today, Kyrgios was the only one I was interested in.
    Free entry for the night matches to get crowds in.
    I know they will blame the fear of getting Covid but the real reasons are that the OZ Open is usually held in the Xmas holidays. Huge overseas and interstate visitors attend but can’t or don’t want to get stranded. Along with country folk.
    Kids are back at school as well. Not surprised crowds are low.
    I will be watching “Tomas the Tank Engine” in the next match.....just to watch the tosser lose.

:D
    didnt see much quality the bits i watched, Nick played alright big test in the 2nd round though hopefully he can rise up.

Did you mean Tomic? He won by default(worse luck)
    I know he won today by default. Next match is the one I was referring to.
    He is so hard to like. He is so dumb he does not realise the “only fans” girlfriend he has is only there because of the publicity that he generates.
    I give it till April before that one goes like most people anticipate. 

edited February 2021
    Yeh thought you meant bernie, ill be cheering for the opponent although at this time i dont know whom that is.
    Saw some video clip of the hanger on their made for each other a matching pair of assclowns :D
    edited February 2021
    I know you like to punt on the tennis TS. I reckon barring injury Novak is past the post. $2.25 available at Ladbrokes.
    Or you can have “the Tanker” at $1001 @ BET365.  Lol

;)

edited February 2021
    i reckon you could be right he looked ominous earlier AND i reckon he will want to make a point having copped a fair bit of crap over Covid(probably justified).

Might go have a look i have a Ladbrokes a/c you know my first thought was wonder what else that looks a lock can i multi it with  :D

Did you see Zverev obliterate his racquet in his match today? 4 times he fully ground pounded it 
    :)) 
    Not a fan of Zverev. Will win a slam one day though, once he gets hair on his weiner.
    Multi Novak into Ash Should be around $15.00 Money for jam. Haha.
    Tournament lacks a bit of punch this year for obvious reasons. But nothing like a bit of cash on the result to get one interested. 
    DET, I am likely going to multi The Joker up with Bivouac in the Lightning this Saturday, he will chase a TON of speed enabling him to launch like a north korean missile late and win.Thoughts?

2.25 x 2.50 with a 10% multi boost increasing the return to $6.18.
    Not bad TS. Bivouac is a superstar. I like the bet. Those North Korean missiles are pretty quick.
    I’ve gone a different route.
    Joker and Ash to win their qtr finals.
    1.40 x 2.75 = 3.85. Don’t think I qualify for any boost, but I will take the win fingers crossed.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    detonator said:

Of all the matches today, Kyrgios was the only one I was interested in.

Free entry for the night matches to get crowds in.
    I know they will blame the fear of getting Covid but the real reasons are that the OZ Open is usually held in the Xmas holidays. Huge overseas and interstate visitors attend but can’t or don’t want to get stranded. Along with country folk.
    Kids are back at school as well. Not surprised crowds are low.
    I will be watching “Tomas the Tank Engine” in the next match.....just to watch the tosser lose.

Great year to go then - if could be sure of getting back in to WA
    edited February 2021

Give it up for Aussie Alexei Popyrin who rolled the 13th seed Goffin in 5 sets today, Goffin clearly ran out of gas but our bloke didnt give up from 2 sets to 1 down, a couple of winners he hit on match point against were off the charts.

He is 21 and i've watched him play a fair bit, very talented kid who is a bit up and down in matches but has a game nearly as big as Kyrgios at times minus the "personality" is very quiet on court think i have seen him lose his rag once or twice though when maybe trashing a racquet.All in all pretty passive and calm enough.
    Covid hindered his development last year but he has lots of potential needs a decent and full year and he could rise high, new coach Dominic Hrbaty could be one who can drive such a rise.

detonator likes this post.