G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 8 Non Members

Albany 8.2.2021

West Australian Racing

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    ALBANY 08/02 - R6 (3) TORU WAIMARIE to be ridden on pace as advised by connections @AlbanyRacing #waracing

If you men sit dead last till the corner then ok.

Very stiff, looked the winner and a monty for a place
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2021
    Like Angela Johnston she rode 20/1 Toru Waimarie a treat, was nearly going to win, and just misses third, had to ride for luck, and did, but against the fence is like glue.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Yep meant she rode a treat from where she was in running, thought there’s no way this can miss a place despite being on the inside, nope the ones on the outside regathered!
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    edited February 2021

Beau THE BUTCHERER nice work again actually got to be 4 wide fmd, what an amateur

I was on it and Mr Pago . Why was Hally following the trillion-1 shot? ~X(
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    as soon as i looked i knew she would phukn win the last race WOW  :(( :))
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Dynamite Bay blew them out of the water. I'll see myself out.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Albany on a Monday ? I fought my punting addiction and resisted.
    I am still getting over the winner of the 4th at Ascot/Narrogin yesterday.
    Getting knocked off when looking the winner is bad enough. But by a $26.00 chance who had 20 starts for 0 wins 1 second and 1 third and a prize money total of $6000 in prize money was hard to swallow.
    Obviously couldn’t resist that 3rd rate meeting on a rain sodden track. 
    :D
  • MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    edited February 2021

Beau THE BUTCHERER nice work again actually got to be 4 wide fmd, what an amateur

Bit rough, rode a double & the ride in the last was top notch.

There was only one more false favourite than Choose To Cruise yesterday and that was Hunter's horse that was smacked, but ran unplaced (later to be reported bled).  Yes it never got in at any point, but really thinking a 59 rater, winner of one race could beat seasoned horses such as Mr Pago (open class) was a stretch.

Yep meant she rode a treat from where she was in running, thought there’s no way this can miss a place despite being on the inside, nope the ones on the outside regathered!

Not knocking young riders at all, but one Angela has ridden at it's last two starts, as soon as a senior Jock is on, I'm on too. Just needed some experience & may have won one at good price already.
    Muldoon said:

There was only one more false favourite than Choose To Cruise yesterday and that was Hunter's horse that was smacked, but ran unplaced (later to be reported bled).  Yes it never got in at any point, but really thinking a 59 rater, winner of one race could beat seasoned horses such as Mr Pago (open class) was a stretch.
    Yep from gate 1 and gate 3 the winners were and the ride in the last she just stayed on the fence took the cutaway the horse was too good so hardly top notch i'd say workmanlike, most of the others who took cutaway runs got run over late.
    My beef is she has not much clue when drawn wide(so more fool me for betting on her i guess)and getting stuck there have seen it a fair number of times and due to indecision or maybe panic on CTC yesty it went from being 3 wide to 4 wide hence my spray my bad.

Perhaps your out of grade point has validity but as it got cooked yet still only beaten under 7L i would suggest with an economical run and just 53.5 it would have been in the finish.
    New rider next time and or a decent gate + even luck for once and he should run really well, has had valid excuses the last 3 runs and should have won two starts ago.

Muldoon said:

Yep from gate 1 and gate 3 the winners were and the ride in the last she just stayed on the fence took the cutaway the horse was too good so hardly top notch i'd say workmanlike, most of the others who took cutaway runs got run over late.
    My beef is she has not much clue when drawn wide(so more fool me for betting on her i guess)and getting stuck there have seen it a fair number of times and due to indecision or maybe panic on CTC yesty it went from being 3 wide to 4 wide hence my spray my bad.

Perhaps your out of grade point has validity but as it got cooked yet still only beaten under 7L i would suggest with an economical run and just 53.5 it would have been in the finish.
    New rider next time and or a decent gate + even luck for once and he should run really well, has had valid excuses the last 3 runs and should have won two starts ago.

As you say not the greatest ride & ended up worse at the 800 than was at the 12. I went back and watched replay again. Was going to get in at about the 1100m (after racing 800m wide), but the horse had fired up and would have likely got on heels. I think Beau was damned if you do & damned if you don't. I will back it,  back in it's own grade, still convinced it should not have been favourite in a 58+ open.
    edited February 2021
    Definitely worth following up on, eligible for class 2 so the price in that grade wont be flash but just needs luck for a change, i reckon it is a decent galloper who could win a few especially with how that stable is firing.