G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 6 Non Members

Golden Nugget & Dainty’s Daughter Classic - change the date by 3 days.

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    The 5th at Ballarat was a "closed" Vic Bred 3yo race.....only 5 of the horses were competitive..and the Terang win was a NR 52-55 competing against some old stagers (10 year old plus)......a fair way off a Nugget field I would think......but it has obviously made an impression over here as it hasn't stopped shortening. On form alone, metro form, a few could make a case for inclusion ahead of it but without heats, it always comes down to someones personal opinion......and he may well prove to be horse to be on.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Yeah whatever mate 

The track record at Ballarat  ( and there has been some mighty pacers go around Bray raceway ) for 2100 metres is 1.53.7 

So the horse in question sat in the breeze beaten 6 metres and they went 1.54.8 - so historically i would suggest that is an excellent run 

The track record for Terang for 2180 is 1.56.1 

So the horse in question led and won in 1.57.3 - so historically i would suggest that is an excellent run 
  • RoyboyRoyboy    22 posts
    Heats!! Don’t hear any arguments when they’re run.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Would be  a brave man --To tip Silent Major on a straight out basis but at longer eachway quote yes---Very good previous trainers Dunns in melb. had a very good horse Dee dees dream won nearly 40 races . This horse has fibrillated previously.Silent Major be interesting on what circumstances he has arrived here regarding ownership just for the nugget and go  back?.-----Dunns they would know what a top horse is capable off..

Never forget when another victorian  Golden Nugget contender when snr. was operating purely in advisory capacity and the driver   then  handed the reins over to  T.B. Warwick- in the nuggett---Slick Vance----- bingo.beat Norms Daughter---Sir  Lektor. 1995.

Be surprised if SNR can reach the rabbit--- spano------ , But for the punters money to come it must be shifting the hands on the clock.& pleasing him.
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Markovina said:

Yeah whatever mate 

The track record at Ballarat  ( and there has been some mighty pacers go around Bray raceway ) for 2100 metres is 1.53.7 

So the horse in question sat in the breeze beaten 6 metres and they went 1.54.8 - so historically i would suggest that is an excellent run 

The track record for Terang for 2180 is 1.56.1 

So the horse in question led and won in 1.57.3 - so historically i would suggest that is an excellent run 
    1 - They run over 2200 at Ballarat
    2 - The stable it come from the bad ones run 1.54.
    $6.50 now on Sportsbet. Hope you got the early worm Marko.
    Another one who will be seeking to break its city class maiden status is Terror In Texas.....in fact, this is its first start in a city class race. Very promising but a surprising selection. The handicapping panel or selection group must rate him a lot higher than others that missed out. Heats and/or preludes, missing since the previous handicapper "left the building" would solve a lot of doubts, not all but a lot, about field selection.

VillageKid likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    With you JayJay was a little surprised with the form of the two ex Vic horses, both with one win in WA and no metro wins as 3yo in Vic.
    Appears Vic form given preference over WA form as I’m pretty sure there would be other Local 4yos with better form than the two Vics.
    However not sure what 4yos from WA missed out so only guessing.
    Also guessing ..........but Withoutthetuh...3rd in the Pinjarra 4yo classic, as good a country form as any others, drew 8 in last 2 starts, Henrik Larsson has won in metro company, drew 7 in the 4yo classic, then last weeks checkered run, Gardys Legacy...was he a nom? I don't know but those 3 with some sort of claim?
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    JayJay said:

Also guessing ..........but Withoutthetuh...3rd in the Pinjarra 4yo classic, as good a country form as any others, drew 8 in last 2 starts, Henrik Larsson has won in metro company, drew 7 in the 4yo classic, then last weeks checkered run, Gardys Legacy...was he a nom? I don't know but those 3 with some sort of claim?

Gardys has gone to the states

freodockers, JayJay likes this post.

Yep Silent Major - in the good old days they would say -  look this thing has been backed for pounds shillings and pence 

Couple of other points of interest 

Minstrel - i actually looked up its breeding Monday night before i backed it in the all in market - its mother ( Ovaride)  was a real plain Jane - modest record of something like 14 starts for 1 solitary win from memory 

Also read in yesterdays West - Mike Reed said weve got gate 1 - where not giving up that advantage - where keeping the lead - we will see how that pans out Frid night 
    Yep the first two JJ would be bitterly disappointed not to mention the emergencies, however thought Typhoon Banner was disappointing last start.
    Anyhow let’s just hope for a great race.

Same flight as Galante and El Jacko (assuming it wasn't Eastern States)?
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    JayJay said:

Same flight as Galante and El Jacko (assuming it wasn't Eastern States)?

Yep America I’d say so
    Can someone explain to me how the pool total works on TAB TOUCH.
    Silent Major opened at 14s fixed now 8s.
    Apparently backed heavily.
    When I look at the win pool total there’s $186.00 in there.
    The dot is in the correct position btw.
    My understanding is the shortening is a result of a very small pool which means he hasn’t really been backed at all.
    Or is the pool total tote odds only.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Pool total is pari-mutuel tote odds only and bears no relevance to fixed odds betting whatsoever.

Rocket_Reign, freodockers, savethegame likes this post.

Markovina said:

The Golden Nugget i think it is a 2 horse race - but i will come to that in a minute 

All in Market ( so if their scratched you do you doe ) on TAB.COM

MS $1.40
     Minstrel $6
    PS     $7
    HH    $12
    Mirragon  $12 ( interesting runner - ex Emma Stewart horse )

Longreach Bay $26

Silent Major $26

Everything else upwards of $51 with El Guerro at $61

Ive had something on Minstrel e/w - taken by its run in that Sims Steel 4 yrold  classic - the horse reminds me a little bit of Vanderport . 

I liked how Minstrel kept finding the line - last 50-60 metres  it was still coming - i hope Brown keeps the drive - thats just my personal opinion
    Outstanding win

Outstanding drive

And it is as good as Vanderport - that was a Vanderport  type win when it won the AustDerby over here - beating Bag Limit and co

VillageKid, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts

Pool total is pari-mutuel tote odds only and bears no relevance to fixed odds betting whatsoever.

Is the pool total shown before or after the various take outs have been applied?
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Pools are gross before any commission.is taken out.

Gilgamesh likes this post.