WHERE ARE THESE GUYS?

West Australian Racing

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Tree lopping I was told.
  • ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Troy  is living in Henley Brook 
    Jeff Berry would be approaching 60 I'd reckon....it was 1983 and still an apprentice when he rode Scornvale to the treble in the Gimcrack Stakes, The Karrakatta Plate and the deadheat in the Queens Plate (with JJ Miller on one of George Ways) for his master Brian Mueller.

thefalcon likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    Brodie Kirby?
    had the potential to be a real up and comer......mixing in the wrong crowd?
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    think so falc..nowhere to be seen for a fair while now
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Brodie was helping out unloading & stacking horse feed that was for horses  who were involved in the bush fires.

Thunderstruck, jum, spinking likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    He broke his neck a couple months ago at track work and is still recovering, don’t be so quick to judge you old farts

jum, spinking, savethegame likes this post.

broken neck.....helping unloading & stacking horse feed.
    must have visited Lourdes....
    [-O<

paraletic likes this post.

:)) struck a nerve clearly...

Manchild, thefalcon likes this post.

C'arn hash mate, you not exactly just out of the egg.... ;)
  • shothrushothru    243 posts
    thefalcon said:

Brodie Kirby?

had the potential to be a real up and comer......mixing in the wrong crowd?
    brodie did a great job assisting with the evacuated horses, 

thefalcon, JayJay, spinking, savethegame likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    thefalcon said:

broken neck.....helping unloading & stacking horse feed.

must have visited Lourdes....
    [-O<

for a non catholic Falc u certainly know alot about the religion =))
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Brodie on the WA jockeys club facebook page on 30November said. Wont be riding for another 3-4 months need surgery on lower back in new year ,and need to go to Melbourne to visit a spinal surgeon for my neck.As Hash said dont be quick to judge without knowing the facts. Wish you a speedy recovery young fella and hope to see you back riding winners real soon

JayJay, savethegame, oldhendo likes this post.

:-j
    May be you will be able to enlighten us then Thunder . Seing he is  on the injured jockeys list on cris
    emoji's are at you getting your nose out of joint or moreso jumping on the bandwagon when before Falc mentioned the kid you hadnt given him a thought at all.

I have no info AT ALL, i will say though if he didn't have form aspersions wouldn't have been cast 

:-?
    how do you know i'm not a left footer, para?
    i could be as good a mick as brian bull (dec).
    i've done more acts of contrition that you could poke a mother superior at...
    must have been brodies twin unloading and stacking horse feed and helping evacuate horses..unless as i said, ducked over to Lourdes for a quick dip.
    Becuase he mentioned him is why i gave the reply
     Geez there is a lot of people on here who must have never made a mistake in their youth
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    JayJay said:

Jeff Berry would be approaching 60 I'd reckon....it was 1983 and still an apprentice when he rode Scornvale to the treble in the Gimcrack Stakes, The Karrakatta Plate and the deadheat in the Queens Plate (with JJ Miller on one of George Ways) for his master Brian Mueller.

Jeff had a nightmare ride on my horse in the '92 Perth Cup. Pace dropped off sharply up the straight the first time & he was trapped on the fence pulling his brains out. How he never fell I still am amazed ....cold chills watching him fight to stay upright.

spinking likes this post.

I knew his late Dad very well, best mates for years....I used to drop this tiny little kid off on Sundays at Peter McKays after his day off at the start of his apprenticeship before he moved over to Brian's, where he had great success .....would not have been 40kg wringing wet.

He could ride the little bugger, and I know the train got derailed a few times, but from a completely non racing family to Karrakatta and Kalgoorlie Cups and a lot of other good races, it is some story. Got badly smashed up a few times as well, before returning as "Lord Mayor" of Port Hedland for a number of seasons.

spinking, JimmyPop likes this post.

certainly had his hands full at the crossing Curmudgeon 
    Was that a grey horse mate, if so I think I was there?

curmudgeon likes this post.

A Flashing Grey at that JJ

JayJay, curmudgeon likes this post.

gee whizz that '92 field brings back some memories..jocks past and present...mostly past..
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    spinking said:

certainly had his hands full at the crossing Curmudgeon 

Blinkers back on didn't help either Spinking. That was a roll of the dice that backfired  Huge crowd that day....very hot & stormy. Always been a regret the old grey was essentially out of the race by the crossing as you say... Jeff actually was keen on his first half dozen finishing prospects and his lead up had been good but he was just glad to have survived in the end.

JayJay, spinking, thefalcon likes this post.

anybody heard how adam mcgrath is going in the good old USofA?
    i presume brodie kirby has hung up his saddle?
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    Kirby still on the injured riders list falc.....the longer he's out, the less likely of a return I would say...
    where is mark sestich these days? still with parnham?
    also, any news on the 2 guys above ^^?