G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 13 Non Members
R1- SPIRIT OF PROPHECY is, if nothing else, consistent. She jumps, leads and tries every start but knows how to find a couple better all the time. Again looks like finding the top in likely becomes a sprint from the corner with her two biggest dangers likely behind and alongside her in the run. She is coming back 100m after two mile runs and so if she can get rolling through her gears on the turn and have rivals feeling uncomfortable she may be able to hold on and finally win a maiden.

R2- IT’S TIFF’S is certainly no star but what she lacks in ability she makes up for with speed. Will come out running from the wide gate and in a race where a lot of her rivals are first up while she’s got runs under her belt she might be able to run them into the ground over the short course. Had been drawing the inside down the Pinjarra straight but really showed some fight last start when able to settle on the outside rail. Gets Yuill back and gets her best chance to crack it for a win.

R3- HEAR ME SING finished within a length of Magic Millions classic winner Ex Sport Man in a recent trial. That looks terrific form now and brings race experience to a field with a lot of debutants. At her sole run last campaign ran a nice second after having to change direction in the straight. Draws a middle gate to get a nice midfield run and in a race with plenty of speed she can be the beneficiary of that.

R4- RED PUBLISHER was unlucky to run into the progressive Last Of The Line last start when running a fairly luckless second. Kept getting shuffled back last start when they slowed up mid race and raced in restricted room in the straight. Drawn the inside again in a race with no real speed he may be the one to take up the initiative from barrier one. There are no Last Of The Lines here and so gets his chance for a deserved victory.

R5- BEAT THE BRO was a massive effort last start when fresh at 1400 in a really fast run race. Prior to that had been racing well before pulling up lame at his only unplaced start this campaign. Seems to appreciate room in his races and should get that here from a middle gate in a race that should be genuinely run. Gets to 1800 for the first time but is racing like the rise in trip will be to his liking.

R6- DOWNFORCE isn’t guaranteed a start but if he gets one looks hard to beat off his midweek effort. Has won two of his last three and while the two victories have been in class three grade they have been powerful efforts. Two back was a massive effort in 66+ grade in what was a much stronger field than this. Presume Ramoly goes on if gaining a start which is a big positive and Parnham is great at backing them up from Wednesday to Saturday.

R7- Best Bet: CAROCAPO was a big effort last start to chase Mervyn before going back to the inside on a slow rail. Hit the front before being run over late by a very talented pair in Samizdat and Flirtini who he avoids here. Again has to contend with Mervyn but suspect they may take a different approach to last start which would be a massive help to Carocapo’s chances. If he can avoid getting caught on the fence it looks his race to lose.

R8- WESTERN EMPIRE was WA’s best maiden prior to a dominant last start win. Was breathing fire in the run last start before being go and cruising past rivals without being asked for an effort. Sat four deep in a Fairetha, last in a Guineas and led at a solid tempo in a Lee Steere finishing in the first four on each occasion. Any of those efforts would see him hard to beat here and gets a map advantage on market rival KISSONALLFORCHEEKS.

R9- GUNS OF NAVARONE was huge first up chasing a crazy speed set by Mervyn in the Scenic Blast. Was racing outside the handicap but stuck on really well to finish within 3.5L of Samizdat and Flirtini which is far superior form to his rivals here. Is now back into a 66+ with 58.5kg after Ramoly’s luxurious claim. Loves Ascot, loves 1000m, goes good second up and looks like getting a lovely run from six tracking a hot speed.
+1 -1

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Just the two - recall departing Ascot around this time last year and thinking 8yr. old Red Publisher will never win another race and wouldn’t back him again, lo and behold has bounced back to score as a nine year old. Paul Harvey and barrier one, the rejuvenated old fella to win again!

Last race - he’s a real trier this guy, seen run several gutsy races and a fave of mine, going each way Plutocracy.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Plutocracy was unlucky last start too Riders.
    edited February 2021
    A little match race yours vs my selection R4 Riders mine being Living The Dream, i think this ex Vic horse is nearing his 2019 summer form and with just 54.5 sits handy enough(but not wide thanks Joey)and runs over the leaders late incl. yours  :P

R5 I like Queen Takes King at the weights and price, provided Carleen gets cover(watch the 1st up replay she can run on from near the back)she should run really well.

I have plumped for two of Lindsey's gallopers in successive races hope he is on song this week, i'll have to check..upon checking he is probably due a couple in perth tomorrow, has about 14 from his last 50 but "only" 3 from his last 20.

Ridersonthestorm33, H-BOMBER likes this post.

edited February 2021
    He makes interesting reading Guns Of Navarone - last three wins have been at around 10/1, 40/1 and 20/1 and previous four placings at about 8/1, 3/1, 12/1, and 25/1.
    Can go out neglected odds wise but run to the contrary. A noticeable firmer in early betting.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I like Queen Takes King at $6 in race 5. Every man and his dog are tipping Beat the Bro but I'm putting the faith in L Smith. 2.5 each way bet

@SLIPPERGOLDEN will agree that Alien From Mars in race 6 has been very unlucky last two starts. At $20+ it worth a shot at the stumps. 1.5 x 3.5 bet

La Farola was impressive last start and beat the flying Tambora. Turns up in a nice race and is $8.50. Has to beat a couple of smarties but each bet to nothing. 2 x 3 bet

Looked for some value in the last. Was on Guns of Navarone first up. Gets a nice claim from Ramoly who is in form. Not sure why C Parnham didn't stick with him and is on Hoboken at $61? I actually don't mind Hoboken. But I keep coming back to Charlton Eddie. Looks tuned up with a nice trial, even though it was 400m and no competition, looked nice to the eye. Last prep came off a 400m trial win to split Indian Pacific and First Law Inna 1000m trial. Not the same as a race, but nonetheless smart animals....rocks up here in a 1000m and banking they have him forward enough to bypass a second trial. Win Eddie 4.5 unit bet $4.4. Hoboken 0.15 x 0.35 each way $61/12.
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Alien From Mars hasn't seen daylight since December when winning this track & distance. Thought it was something beaten last time. Wide draw and no tactical speed goes against him, but happy to be on EW @ 20's.

H-BOMBER, thefalcon, SKIDS likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Are they any chance of starting a race on time. Fair dinkum joke

RIO likes this post.

Only singapore is worse, happens too often really.

RIO likes this post.

BANG  <:-P

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Good call Thunder, spot on there, as for the Publisher he’s like me he struggled.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

didn't see LTD leading but it was a winning move, decent galloper won 2 straight Vic Metro late 2019.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    That was pretty good win by a horse still in it's first racing camapign - Big Bada Boom.

detonator likes this post.

not bad at all, ramapant Roy is low flying for sure.

detonator likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    The way it has been winning is impressive as well.
    Platoon in the next. Following the money.

Thunderstruck, hash likes this post.

Haha. My smallest bet of the day and it wins. FMD.

Glad i didn't invest there well done Det.
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Why was Platoon so short???? in the betting,,,,

edited February 2021
    boaty?? lol nah idk Sonny.

I have another question, was it Western Empire i saw mooted as a prospect to go east for the guineas? if yes gimme a break..  @-)
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Thought CP absolutely butchered Western Empire there.  Jumped well and was putting itself into the race with no urging.  Then is restrained and over races for the next 600m.  What horse will finish off after that?  Not talking through my kick here but did have a bit of the early odds for the Guineas

thefalcon likes this post.

Riding to instructions I would think   .. His horses are hardly near the lead..
    Don’t disagree but I would think a good jockey rides the race that eventuates not to a preconceived plan.  

Not when you ride or train for Bob...
    So you think Bob will be happy with that ride that cost it any chance?
    I dont know.. I know I would not be happy.. 

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    I don't think it had any chance because the winner was way too good.
  • Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Protest dismissed.. didn’t even see Santiago get close to anyone...
    Must watch replay..
  • Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Where’s bob this time of year..
    Melbourne beckons..
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I think we'd agree Platoon is a very good horse.

I was surprised to see his prize money is a tick over 550K....not bad coin but I assumed he had earned more.

A little more looking and I was very surprised then to see today's win was his first in 13 starts since winning a 72+ race in 2019. Previously he hadn't won more than a ratings race since a listed win in his 3yo year, which let's be honest you don't have to be a champion to beat up on your own age group.

A consistent performer you'd love to own. I just thought he'd won more than that given his competitive record in Group races along the way.

The money was spot on today and he performs well first up. Had WA leading jock on board and realistically it was a field of battlers. The 1200m back from 2400 was my knock but class definately prevailed today.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    I declared Santiago Gall each way special at long odds on the forum last start and followed up today. $26 a place was unbelievable. Couldn't see it losing the protest. Glad it didn't. Big regret not playing tri or first 4 but the quinella result was some consolation.

H-BOMBER likes this post.