G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 32 Non Members

I don't want Nick Kyrgios representing my country, Australia

Sport

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    I personally wouldn`t be betting against Med. Don`t worry about getting closer to a loss. He is getting closer to a slam. 
    Zverev has off field issues which may effect his game hopefully. The Joker seemed pretty relaxed about facing him in the on court interview the other night. That is what I am basing my confidence on. 
    Sandown is a graveyard to me. Struggle big time. Bit like Moonee Valley. Polar opposites in short straight vs long straight but can`t seem to get both right.
    Good luck in your wagers. 
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited February 2021
    Cheers mate may dodge it i'm getting more iffy on Rublev who is 0-3 in h2h, a 3 tight but straight sets loss at the US open last August says he is getting closer but probably not close enough.Do think he will win a set at least especially if Meds lapses like last round(which he may not do up against his dangerous comrade).
    Joker is out to 1.50? i reckon Zverev will battle to ever win a slam so surely he can't beat Novak?? is there some spec/doubt due to the lingering "injury" hence the drift...

Yes i think i saw you said you don't like Corrigan dip? i find the Hillside course ok generally but it is only midweek racing so Bm70's and the odd 78.Not as "leaderish" as Lakeside seemingly can be.
    I like two there, one has significantly shortened Blue Ocean in R4 5.50 into 4.20 so i'll back it e.w(would be a spesh if it somehow ends up a wet track although unlikely)then all of my collect onto Dirty Deeds the place $2.15 in R5.Jamie Kah is on the latter wonder if she likes AC/DC :P
    Or if it stays a good track i might just take the multi BOTH the place only, will pay a tick over 3.70.

You are right TS. Novak now $1.57 on Bet365 out from $1.44. Got me nervous big time.
    Maybe Novak didn`t participate in a warmup and or pulled up sore.
    Hope everything is ok fingers crossed or hoping the bookies are trying to throw punters off the scent. I am grasping at straws ??? haha

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited February 2021
    yep, it has put me off backing him today...Dimitrov blew up "injured" today too  :)]

* i might be clutching but betting shifts i pay attention too, Rublev is into 2.90 from 3.20 also, i may look at the sets betting tomorrow maybe Med in 4 or 5.
    Think i will pre bet that neddy in R4 at Sandown and just watch on and not jinx ya.Good luck.
    Trying to find any news on the Joker and the reason behind the betting drift. Can`t find one.
    Maybe someone out there has put a big bet on Zverev and the bookies are laying off mongst themselves.
    Just read an excerpt of the Joker press conference the other night. "If my injury improves 10% I like my chances"
    That will do me. Stay the course Deto. haha
    Checked your horse out in the 4th tomorrow TS. 1800m can sort a few out or bring a few on. Even race though. Will be tuning in. I like the trainer and the jockey. 
    Some rain would be great, Kingy steers alright as for the horse it is clearly no world beater but ready for 1800 now, placed close up 2nd in heavy ground at 2000 so will get the journey AND won 3rd up last prep.

You will be right he looked fine on the rowing machine about 40 mins ago.I do not rate Zverev but two losers already and just the injury niggle have me hesitant.
    Sometimes or most times i would love to know the $$ it takes to move markets, would be very interesting.
    I'm gonna watch Serena play too.
    edited February 2021
    Dodgovic is teetering DET are you watching this mfn rollercoaster??  [-O<
    1-4 down and in all sorts when i posted that, then wins the next 5 games dropping only about 5 more points in total..wowee
    Did enough ..just! 
    Zverev had a red hot go and in some ways a bit stiff it didnt go to a 5th.Was more than a Bit salty at the end i dunno if their as good mates as it's made out.

And YES i was on too some feat by Joker there to carry me home too, but it's not over yet DET i have Barty in the 2nd leg tomorrow am... 

:))
    Phew. Glad to see the back of that qtr final. The Joker roller coaster is over for me.
    Come On Ash one more easy victory then I can relax haha.
    Joker appears to flick the switch when he wants it appears. I will be cheering hard for Rafa from now on. But will be difficult to beat the Joker.
    I think there are one or two that may be able to knock him out incl Rafa but yes hard to beat and he will get a 3 day break after his semi final which he will win or is it after this match?
    Only that 1 point at 6all when he had a forced volley error from maybe at least going to a 5th even Joker conceded it was 50/50, Zverev played better than i thought he could probably loses in 5 anyway if it went there.The 4th set was deadset gripping probably the best match of the tournament so far quality wise.

He doesn't look too injured at all? but didn't hit a lot of clean winners so maybe he is, but who tf would know other than him and his team lol

MAY have a small spec Rublev, but i will miss at least half or the whole match so may skip it.
    In transit to Gero in the am, get there in time for the second half of the Sandown card and Bunbury and a frothy or 2 :D
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    detonator said:

Phew. Glad to see the back of that qtr final. The Joker roller coaster is over for me.

Come On Ash one more easy victory then I can relax haha.
    Joker appears to flick the switch when he wants it appears. I will be cheering hard for Rafa from now on. But will be difficult to beat the Joker.

Oh dear me Ash Barty
    WTF. Gutted. That was weak. Had her opponent down and out and let her off the canvas.
    Should have cashed out when she was $1.01 in the live betting.
    And I was worried about Joker getting through.
    Just goes to show 3 Qtr final losses in a row vs a Djokovic record. Just proves one is a winner and the other is just off the pace.
    WOW that is not good at all wtf happened??

6-1 wins the 1st then bounces out??
    I'll say it again ONLY in women's tennis their mental vulnerability is epic in this sport.
    After watching Serena who has improved her court coverage somehow...will win the Chokers section.Not that i care much if at all.

I'll be cheering Dylan Alcott, love that dude :D
    edited February 2021
    I only got to watch when Barty was down 4-2 in the 3rd set.
    I assumed when taking glances at the live scores  during the match that she must have been injured.
    Weak effort. Even the commentators were speechless. 
    This choke was up there with Greg Norman at the masters.
    I agree that women tennis players are mentally fragile. No plan B with Barty.

Unlucky with Blue Ocean TS. Thought you were home at the 150m. Got held up a bit at around the 400m. Only seemed to have a short sharp sprint.

Finally one of my predictions is gaining a bit of traction...i would much rather watch a Joker vs Tsitsipas final, but can the big Greek beat Medvedev though on the back up after a 5 set classic against Rafa.. :-S
    I reckon Med has The Greek covered. Thought physically Tsitsipas was stronger than Rafa as the match wore on. Had more sting in his shots and athletically covered the ground better. Med is like a brick wall. Will rally all day and just wears his opponent’s out. Hope the Greek wins but have a feeling it will Med.
    I have a feeling your right don't like the idea but.
    Coming off a marathon doesn't help, Rafa always makes sure a rare defeat is hard earnt.
    Only hope is if Meds loses his rag..here's hoping anyway just something I don't like about him, used to love Safin so maybe he will grow on me but I doubt it.

Tbh I won't be excited to watch a Joker v Meds final.
    Back to my normal form lol Serena got owned sadly for her no more slams :(
    Listened to Brad Hardie and Diggers ganging up on Tim Walker re Nick Kyrgios this morning.
    People can say what they like about Kyrgios but he injected life into this tournament. He entertained and played some damn good tennis. So what if he doesn’t have the aptitude to commit full time to fulfill his talent. It is his life and he can do what he wants. And to compare him with a footballer going half pace and how it affects the supporters is a non argument.
    Our golden girl who does no wrong.....choked. 
    She didn’t lose to the No 3 player in the world like Kyrgios. She lost to a player no one had even heard of.
    Not sure I would be busting my **** to go and play in some mediocre tournament in Rotterdam and having to quarantine for two weeks in some hotel room to appease the likes of Hardie or Beacham.

jum likes this post.

Totally agree, I think he will have a quietish season this year too maybe Wimbledon and the US Open is on the radar tentatively if shizz improves in those countries which is possible with vaccinationscommencing.

Showed that aside from match fitness and the benefits regular competition can provide he can match it with most and really should have won so he should be able to do as he chooses.only thing I'd recommend is a couple of matches before these slams just to fine tune a bit.

Enjoyed around 3 other matches later in the draw maybe four as I found Djokovic v Zverev engrossing, Nick's last two matches and watched a set of Dylan Alcott's 7th Open title, a really great wheelchair athlete and Australian that fella.

The rest was/is a bit yawny.
    Pretty unlikely I will watch Joker v Meds If it goes that way and won't watch the women's final.
    edited February 2021
    Will watch the men’s final. Women’s I have zero interest in.
    Joker will be two slams behind Rafa and Fed after Sunday I reckon.
    Fascinating stat I heard the other day. It is hard to say Fed is the greatest when Rafa has equal slams and both Rafa and joker have winning records against him. I am In Rafa’s corner because at one stage of their careers Rafa owned him to the point where Fed was mentally fried against Rafa.
    But one stat is totally undeniable.
    Fed has won 68 (give or minus 1) matches in Grand Slam tournaments than Rafa.
    Considering in one year the most Grand Slam matches you can win is 28 I find that extraordinary.
    Not saying that makes him the greatest but it is a very impressive stat.
    The longevity of this group of goat's is stunning, differing opinions on whom is top but one of them definitely is, and clearly their the 3 greatest of all time collectively.

Where I reckon Feds recouped some credibility on Rafa is from 2017 onwards at 35+ years of age(after the 6 months off with the knee issue)he has pretty much owned Rafa since then incl in 2 of 3 slams the loss was at the Rafa Nadal Open oops i mean French Open.

I don't think your man can win any more slams except the French Det?? and Novak can maybe win 2 or 3 this year?? Rog is done I'd say so it could be Fed 20, Novak 20 and Rafa 21 by years end if their all healthy.

We disagree on whom I think we have established that but Rafa has the greatest will to win I've seen easily, is the greatest claycourter in history and that there will ever be no matter how many more centuries tennis is played as we know it.

There will also never be another era of 3 greats and Murray who wasn't that far off them(plus Wawrinka maybe?)probably ever also.

detonator likes this post.

Good post TS. Agree with 99.9% of your comments. Rafa  :x
    I had a new found respect for Fed after the 2017 AUS Open Final.
    Didn’t know he had that resilience in his arsenal particularly against his nemesis. But he came out on top and good on him. Probably his greatest victory to be honest.
    Agree that Rafa only has the French to improve his GS titles. Novak could and probably will overtake them both which would stake his claim as the GOAT. 
    We have been blessed to have 3 superstars in one era. Feel sorry for Murray, Roddick and Wawrinka who have played the Bridesmaids for the big 3.
    I can’t push the “post comment” button without having one defence of my man Rafa in the GOAT argument. To say  Rafa is the King of Clay. Yes he is. Fed is the King of grass. Yes he is. 
    Rafa has two grass GS. Fed has one Clay GS. Feds record on Clay is unbelievable. Fed can play on Clay. But someone just does it a bit better. No one in Tennis history will match Rafa’s. 13 GS Titles at the one tournament. 

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Wow DET
    Talk about r.i.p Medvedev?? if he is the nearest of the rest to winning a slam f me their in big barney rubble if Novak stays healthy :O)

The man is an ANIMAL ^:)^
    Novak too good. His defensive skills are the best we have ever seen. No real weakness to his game.
    Showed why he has been No1 in the world for 350 + weeks.
    I agree staying healthy is his only obstacle in his quest to winning the most Grand Slams.
    And yes he is an animal.
    Not sure faking that injury was necessary though. Wouldn’t have changed anything except getting prices with the bookies. 
    B-)
    Indeed that injury stuff wasn't great but apparently fully legit so yeh jury out a bit on that, but did get out as long as 4.30 to win it I think haha.

One thing I didnt mention and I reckon it has improved somewhat recently...the BEST clutch serve in the game his is phenomenal has comfortably surpassed Feds whose was pretty good, speedwise by no means the biggest but hits lines like a champ and there still 200kmh bolts.
    Total agree TS.
    His serve is clutch no doubt. Great to have that in your arsenal.
    Maybe cause he has one of the great servers in his corner. Goran Ivan son of a bitch.
    :D
    Mate, I loved Goran back in the day!! The old "wild bill" lefty mofo was a truly insane server for sure.
    Except for the day when he beat Rafter at Wimbledon although I was eventually happy enough cause Patty thought he was a good egg so fair play to the big Crazy Croat

:D