Who's Online

0 Members & 8 Non Members

The Trigger show

West Australian Racing

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Knew it wouldn't take long
  • RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    Those of us who have been around a while have seen it all before. My pockets are nowhere near deep enough for me to proffer my genuine thoughts though  ;)

Flanders, oldhendo, thefalcon, Tucool likes this post.

meatpie dislikes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,198 posts
    edited February 2021
    Rodent said:

Those of us who have been around a while have seen it all before. My pockets are nowhere near deep enough for me to proffer my genuine thoughts though  ;)

Yes

thefalcon likes this post.

meatpie dislikes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    Fangio surely comes to town next start
  • meatpiemeatpie    410 posts
    Rodent said:

why cant he be just having a great run, doing a great job with horses superior in class, not many harder workers. Just saying.
    Conspiracy theorists to the fore again.

spinking likes this post.

bang on Meatpie. 
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    edited February 2021
    Hard worker is a terrific trait. Plenty of hard workers throughout the industry are fortunate when they land the odd winner or two.

6 winners out of 9 races and then 5 winners out of 7 races are feats not replicated in Australian racing once let alone about a month apart. Yes the class of racing is not the strongest and Rogers has strength in numbers but various reactions are not a surprise.

It also a huge effort to near enough lock out Mr Albany Steve Wolfe.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    detonator said:

History never repeats ?

Detonator you have answered the 60 cent question. PM me your bank details and I will transfer the 60 cents from my Nigerian account.  :D

paraletic, detonator likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i was reluctant to post but Perth is or maybe was, a sort of law unto itself, things went without investigations, certain people could do whatever they wanted.
    how the way/connell bandwagon, rolled along unchecked, no enquiries, no swabs. the rocket racer fiasco is still in peoples mind, it was bloody criminal what "they" didn't do.
    i'm not saying we have not improved in stewardship, but certain smallish things have gone past the keeper.
    don't ask me what they were as i cannot recall, just things i have thought to myself "the blind mice should have asked a few questions there".
    never forget, this IS Perth..remember the catholic mafia....?
  • MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    edited February 2021

REALLY how slow are they today, and only just got a farrier around to the barriers? Amateurish if so...

Someone took notice

Race 3. YARRADALE STUD HANDICAP (1230m)
    PURPLE PEARL (F Bell) cast its near-fore plate enroute to the barriers which required it to be replaced.
    Due to the farrier not being in position at the barriers to perform this task, the start of the race was
    delayed by approximately ten minutes. Following the event, Stewards interviewed the farrier and he
    was admonished for his actions and was reminded that it is a requirement of his raceday
    responsibilities that he is in position behind the barriers prior to the commencement of each race in
    future

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Anyway off on a tangent here. The bloke is flying and you can back his runners with confidence. 

Buddy123 likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Anyway off on a tangent here. The bloke is flying and you can back his runners with confidence. 

Which one though, he usually has 6 in a race at albany.  :))

Thunderstruck, loveracing likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Leading trainer having a real purple patch at one stage,, telling me he was bouncing at 2.30am wanting to get to the track,which didn't open until 4.00 am.  to make sure his horses had first use of the tracks, to get the best surface,---- training winners makes everything becomes easier. .

Success alters the mindset. Roy very hard worker he would be bouncing, the Wolfe man would be drinking more going what's he using & doing his head in, that only allows the gap to get bigger, plus with success- better stock appears in your yard.

plugga likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    This is back, keep on topic of Roy's success

spinking, jum, savethegame likes this post.

As a punter, I'm a fan of Roy Rogers.

Forgotten the exact story when Roy was apprentice jockey, pulled over driving &  giving the cop his name Roy Rodgers------- yer mate & your driving Trigger &  I am Jesse James. Something along them lines the story made the paper..

spinking, oldhendo likes this post.

STG remind of Wakey (craig) and Shayne Newling in their apprentiships. both had leadfoots when it came to driving. Either Wakey or Shayne had lost their drivers  licence for speeding. Think it may have been Shayne.Anyways Shayne driving to Northam races and gets pulled over by the cops just after the Lakes . Copper asks him to produce his license  to which he replies its not on him so gives the officer his particulars. Craig Wake Mathieson road belmont and his date of birth . Funny thing that says the copper we just picked you up speeding through here a hour ago

savethegame, VillageKid likes this post.

they sure had lead feet, spink. i remember going to northam, i think it was, with Peter O'loghlen. effing hell it was a ride of terror...got out white as a sheet, wobbly legs and a prayer on my lips.
    spent some time getting an alternative lift home...
    the speed finally got P.O., he died and ross cherry was badly injured. on there way for ross to get a feel of chez felix.

Rex, spinking likes this post.

• RexRex    397 posts
    thefalcon said:

they sure had lead feet, spink. i remember going to northam, i think it was, with Peter O'loghlen. effing hell it was a ride of terror...got out white as a sheet, wobbly legs and a prayer on my lips.

spent some time getting an alternative lift home...
    the speed finally got P.O., he died and ross cherry was badly injured. on there way for ross to get a feel of chez Felix.
    I went to Kalgoorlie with Peter one day and elected to come home in Mclarty's float.

savethegame, spinking, thefalcon likes this post.

jeez rex i was a mess after an hour..what were you like after 6? make that 5...:)
    safer with the horses on the ride home than PO eh rex?
    he rang me one hot sunday morning and said lets go to the beach, joan and the kids driving me nuts. after beach he popped in to see dad, finish up staying for dinner...(mum had to go and get a couple of extra chooks). started raining when he left, wrapped his car, a falcon i thing around a pole on guildford road, was in hospital for a few days. doc told him if he wasn't a jockey who knew how to limp fall he's be dead.
    sadly those words fell on deaf ears...

savethegame, spinking likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Roy got picked up for speeding as an apprentice, he was with another apprentice, who's name  was Ian Botham , the copper said " I suppose that's trigger " & when he said  No thats Ian Botham , the cops **** themselves. 
    edited February 2021
      Ian Botham---Bolta was apprenticed to Kevin Plunkett , Early days had trouble keeping him outta the fridge.,So this mare was in season---Kevin got Bolta  go up the house get a pickle onion from Mrs Plunkett,she put it  on a plate, Ian  brought it back ,, Kevin placed it  in the Mares favourite, to help with being in season..
    Next day  or so sent Bolta up to the house to get a plate from Mrs Plunkett. brought it down to the stables---Kevin took the pickle onion out, put it on the plate,-- told Bolta to put it back in the fridge.
     Don't know how the mare got on. ---But Cured bolta sneaking anything  from  the fridge..without  asking.

oldhendo, spinking likes this post.

Mr Plunket had a dog called Heinz. Back then they gelded horses at your stable Heinz always dined well when MR Plunk got one gelded. Mr Plunket was on the way home from the track one morning when he and then wife Marion had stables in Moreing street. Horse jumped on his Wellington clad foot and there was instant pain. He got home tied up the horse and removed his boot which was full of blood. Pulled of his sock and gis little toe fell out. Before he could do a thing the ever reliable Heinz pounced on the severed toe and immediately devoured it. True story STG you may have heard this tale if you know KP

thefalcon, oldhendo, savethegame likes this post.

^^ what a ripper, spinking....

savethegame likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    All trainers of all codes jump out of bed when they are winning....
    Excellent article in Sunday Times regarding Roy.,can sense maybe the bite from the Wolfe is rolling into a bark. Steve has won last 16 premierships in Great Southern,have to produce something special to save this one. 

What's happened to Roy Rogers? No winners in the last 2 months. 19 of the last 22 runners have been unplaced. 
     It's coincided with Albany being in recess. Is the current team being trained away from Albany?
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Hibernating for the winter?
    if it looked too good to be true...... :-\"
  • highfivehighfive    2 posts

seem's that his stats dropped off after coming under the watchful eyes of the stipes