In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 7 Non Members

Lunar Fox Boilover

East Coast Racing
SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
edited March 2021 East Coast Racing

Let's Go Racing & PP article;

‘WHAT better advertisement for the integrity of thoroughbred racing is there than Saturday’s $301 Australian Guineas winner Lunar Fox?

His original trainers – the father and daughter of Terry and Karina O’Sullivan – are sitting on the sidelines, after having been scrubbed out of the game for 3 and 5 years (Dad three, daughter five) for blood doping horses.

The trainer who took over control of Lunar Fox after they got outed isn’t much better.

Paul Preusker was outed for four years for using a jigger on a horse at trackwork a decade ago. His stable foreperson and partner Holly McKechnie got outed for three.

O’Sullivan, O’Sullivan, Preusker, McKechnie – what a roster!

Read remainder and other interesting articles @

https://letsgohorseracing.com.au/ ; then click on home page

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    It got a Wild Card into the All Star Mile too along with 4 others whom apart from Star Of The Seas have not a lot of hope in it.
    Couple of the star mares engaged should give that CAT windburn.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    it did not deserve a wild card entry imo. a few would have been ahead of him..who are the other 2 thunder?

nothing of P.P's past was dug up when he had that good mare in the melb. cup why bring it up now? not a fair mood.
    Mugatoo, Streets Of Avalon and Shout The Bar Falc.

Yeh sour grapes I reckon, I never even knew PP had that prior(bad)form 10 years ago....
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    First 2 years of the ASM the wildcards have won it, think it’s safe to say that won’t happen this year unless they get a bog track which could bring Mugatoo into it
    Probably unlikely mid March in Melbourne.
    Hope it turns out like the Chipping Norton race last Saturday with the cream rising to the top.That was a cracker.
    nothing, weather-wise is "unlikely" in melbourne, thunder mate... :-B
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    Just talking to the local TAB owner, he says "Did you hear about old mate at the Kingsley Tavern TAB?"

Apparently the punter was very keen on Dom To Shoot and put $200 x $300 on it, well, so he thought! He'd backed Lunar Fox by mistake! He tried to cancel it, but was too late. What a lovely little stuff up that was!

thefalcon likes this post.

sure it ain't an urban myth, skids? i could look up and see what their respective numbers were...be interesting...
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    6 winner DTS 5
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    SKIDS said:

Just talking to the local TAB owner, he says "Did you hear about old mate at the Kingsley Tavern TAB?"

Apparently the punter was very keen on Dom To Shoot and put $200 x $300 on it, well, so he thought! He'd backed Lunar Fox by mistake! He tried to cancel it, but was too late. What a lovely little stuff up that was!

On Tab Touch he probably got $51 fixed the win, $6 the place.........

oldhendo likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    thefalcon said:

sure it ain't an urban myth, skids? i could look up and see what their respective numbers were...be interesting...

Nah, it's ridgey didge, he picked up 30 odd grand. I got confirmation from a mate who's a regular there.