G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members

Comments

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    detonator said:

Do you apply the same logic to any race where Chris Waller has 5 runners and Hugh Bowman slaughters one so JMac can get one of the others home ??

No you don’t, because a ride as blatantly obvious as Carvery’s “carve up” isn’t allowed to go on in the east.
    Good on you for backing the winner. 
    Maybe some of us favourite backers (and there was plenty of us as the price suggested) should be mindful of ruthless team riding tactics that you have suggested Bob employed ?

I pay no attention to the east. The only logic I applied was this.
     Solaia has an amazing turn of foot and slow tempos suit her because she settles and zips. Given Bob had 5 fillies chasing black type and they were not going to be suited by a slow tempo, I thought at least one of them would try to make the race more genuine than the farcically slow run Challenge Stakes.
     To my mind Solaia's price was refelctive of a race to be run at the same farcical tempo, as was the price of Brave Angel.
     If one simply makes the assumption that the race will be run at a quicker tempo than the Challenge (almost a guarantee as they crawled in the 1500m) then the $26 BA and the $1.60 Solaia is just way way off.
     That's all. I still thought Solaia would win and no doubt it would have if not annoyed by another horse but that's racing.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Carvery had some sympathy from Simon Miller this morning on radio suggesting out of 5 Bob`s horses he was the the chosen one to be the "sacrificial lamb". 

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Manchild said:

If Paddy was riding to instructions, then stewards should have been notified. End of story.

He is/was the scapegoat. 

Good point about the notification to stewards. Maybe bob has a set of rules and everyone else has another
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts
    Tivers said:

For all those complaining about the lack of pace - they’re welcome to lead and set it...

100%. Talk of wanting to fine leaders for not going fast enough is a joke. How about fine every other jockey for allowing it to happen. In what other sport are you forced to do something to make it better for your opponents?!?!?

Manchild likes this post.

• JockeysroomJockeysroom    32 posts
    edited March 2021
    detonator said:

Carvery had some sympathy from Simon Miller this morning on radio suggesting out of 5 Bob`s horses he was the the chosen one to be the "sacrificial lamb". 

By Simon giving Paddy sympathy doesn’t help Paddy in his defence, Lucky Bob didn’t tell paddy to jump off a cliff
    Rodent said:

detonator said:

Do you apply the same logic to any race where Chris Waller has 5 runners and Hugh Bowman slaughters one so JMac can get one of the others home ??

No you don’t, because a ride as blatantly obvious as Carvery’s “carve up” isn’t allowed to go on in the east.
    Maybe some of us favourite backers (and there was plenty of us as the price suggested) should be mindful of ruthless team riding tactics that you have suggested Bob employed ?

Solaia has an amazing turn of foot and slow tempos suit her because she settles and zips. Given Bob had 5 fillies chasing black type and they were not going to be suited by a slow tempo, I thought at least one of them would try to make the race more genuine than the farcically slow run Challenge Stakes.
     To my mind Solaia's price was refelctive of a race to be run at the same farcical tempo, as was the price of Brave Angel.
     If one simply makes the assumption that the race will be run at a quicker tempo than the Challenge (almost a guarantee as they crawled in the 1500m) then the $26 BA and the $1.60 Solaia is just way way off.
     That's all. I still thought Solaia would win and no doubt it would have if not annoyed by another horse but that's racing.
    After taking care of tempo and doing it tougher that any other runner, he then takes off at the 700m ? 
    He then gets to the front and immediately goes to the fence so Solaia has to go around it andTL is gone at the 400m.
    This same horse has not gone beyond 1400m and is employing these tactics in a listed race ?
    Come on...am I missing something here ? Surely that is not giving the horse every opportunity ?
    I liked the phrase earlier "it doesn`t pass the pub test". Your god damn right it doesn`t.

hash likes this post.

• VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    Simon ...Sympathy...would never happen...you must have been mistaken.

detonator likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    the blind mice better hurry up, i imagine Bob will be off to melbourne in the next few days.
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    detonator said:

Rodent said:

detonator said:

After taking care of tempo and doing it tougher that any other runner, he then takes off at the 700m ? 
    He then gets to the front and immediately goes to the fence so Solaia has to go around it andTL is gone at the 400m.
    This same horse has not gone beyond 1400m and is employing these tactics in a listed race ?
    Come on...am I missing something here ? Surely that is not giving the horse every opportunity ?
    I liked the phrase earlier "it doesn`t pass the pub test". Your god damn right it doesn`t.

You're stuck on repeat @Detonator. You're dirty because you backed a $1.60 pop which was unders and was a risk at that. What transpired was always a chance of happening. It was predicted as early as Thursday on The One-one podcast interview with Simon Miller. Unfortunately for you the gamble didn't pay off. Just goes to show, just because they're odds-on doesn't make them a moral.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I think I would have a lot more sympathy if it was unforeseen or unheard of. Given it was predictable if not inevitable, it makes it hard to feel sorry for the punters who feel aggrieved. 
  • Aussiereds72Aussiereds72    601 posts
    edited March 2021
    > Flanders What a Pathetic comment stop talking through your pocket
    In the words of the late Don Chipp....”keep the bastards honest”
    Just trying to do my bit. I am an aggrieved punter who feel they have been stiffed
    No different to airing an opinion on gates not opening correctly at Bunbury or photo finishes incorrectly viewed at Mt Barker I suppose.
    Unless you say something nothing happens.
    So I will watch with interest to see what happens with this one.

> Flanders What a Pathetic comment stop talking through your pocket

???
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    So what do people want?  Carberry to do time?

If that’s the case does every jockey who overcooks it up front and their mount tales off get time?  Or only when there’s a stablemate  in the race?  

Aussiereds72, thefalcon likes this post.

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    Getting away from that subject Someone said to me that was Carleen Hefel,last WA meeting,is she heading back over East?so i take it she was here only Temporary, that thins out the apprentice ranks,anyone heard any news on Chloe Azzopardi, is she aloud back riding mtrackwork?.
    yes glamour, carleen is going back to vic. tomorrow i think. she had much success here compared to very sparse winners in vic. maybe its personal reasons.
    with her going and closely followed by "lucky" ramoly the claiming ranks will be sadly depleted.
    dunno about C.A....i doubt it, depends on psych. and medical tests. meth. is a terrible addiction.
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Once again Falcon, how do you know it was Meth?
    ^ i definately read it somewhere, LDT..
  • ManchildManchild    679 posts
    It was Meth , just not in the official notification. No Mention of a substance & just a suspension , how does that happen ?
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts

So what do people want?  Carberry to do time?

If that’s the case does every jockey who overcooks it up front and their mount tales off get time?  Or only when there’s a stablemate  in the race?  

Some talk of people talking through there kick etc. I didn’t have a bet all day Sat so I’m not, just don’t like punter being shafted.

So what would I like. Some form of punishment for connections for not notifying stewards of their intention to have this horse up on the pace/making the pace, after all Pat has said those were his instructions. When you’ve got that many in a race it does make sense to have at least one race forward (not necessarily acting as a pace maker though) however when it is contrary to not only how this horse has been ridden previously but to how 99.99999% of Mr Peters horses are usually ridden it stands to reason you should notify the stewards of your intent to do something different before it stands out like dogs balls and you are left in this situation.

An explanation from Mr Carbery as to why he put the foot down when he did, he went for home and not even a couple of hundred metres later the horse was gone and it was still a bloody long way from home. It’s not Mr Carbery’s first rodeo, surely as a senior jockey he had to have known that his horse wasn’t going well enough to sustain a solid run to the line from the time he went for the horse, so why did he do it?

I’m all for daring tactics and people trying something different to win a race, I bloody miss dashing Dan all too often our jockeys look like statues.

But when visually you attack the leader who is the favourite of the race with a horse stepping up in trip who could have attempted to push through and lead at its last start but was restrained for cover then if that horse stops as quickly as it did with its 4 stable mates smoking the pipe at the back then you are going to have to answer some questions.

Imagine if that was one of Bobs in front and Mcauliffe had 5 in it that had never wanted to lead in their life and suddenly one of them was up eyeballing Bobs odds on Pop, they’d burn the place down!

paraletic, GLAMOUR, detonator, Manchild likes this post.

Aussiereds72 dislikes this post.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Surely the only query that needs answering is why Carbs put his foot down when he did.

Something in the race has to sit outside the leader.

In regards to it previous start, it was a bit tardy, the inside horse jumped quickly, Pike urged it forward but he would have been flat out trying to stop Madellin from getting to the front that day and as it was, it still only just got over the line. The booker in that race was Daring Soleil which duly saluted next start.

JimmyPop likes this post.

Bob was obviously happy with Paddy’s ride on Saturday rewarding him with more rides this coming Saturday
    edited March 2021

Bob was obviously happy with Paddy’s ride on Saturday rewarding him with more rides this coming Saturday

If you really are from the Jockeysroom you would be happy with an owner rewarding the jockey for riding to instructions wouldn't you?

Aussiereds72 likes this post.

Getting rewarded for taking the heat.

paraletic likes this post.

Flanders said:

Bob was obviously happy with Paddy’s ride on Saturday rewarding him with more rides
    this coming Saturday

If you really are from the Jockeysroom you would be happy with an owner rewarding the jockey for riding to instructions wouldn't you?
    Flanders said:

The horse got beaten 11 lengths, uncharacteristically led for one of his horses, we all know his sacked jockeys for far less than that
    edited March 2021
    So apparently no case to answer for the ride.

What next? Maybe vanilla essence really is an insect repellant?

detonator, Manchild likes this post.

Just finished reading the stewards enquiry outcome.
    The biggest lot of crap I have ever read.
    Predictable result because of the players involved.

:-q

SLIPPERGOLDEN, GLAMOUR likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    and now we have another fellow senior jockey posting a comment online asking “why wasn’t there more questions of Warwick for continuing to slow the speed, saying the jockey of Solaia bought the pressure on herself by not being able to judge the tempo”

Aussiereds72, JimmyPop likes this post.

Who is the fellow senior jockey Hash ? Willie Pike ?
    edited March 2021
    Tweet from Rooney

Update: Bob Peters calls for new rule to stop growing trend of slow speed in WA races, as Patrick Carbery is cleared over his ride on Testing Love.

=)) =))
    #spell