G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 35 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    The cheats lane just produced 100/1 pop.

Chariotsonfire likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    edited March 2021
    V. Tin in this company appreciates not to be hustled early the pacing cup run was the last decent gate (3)----- he has had  was eased  to 1x2 thats what won him the race.when everyone thought the 1x1 was a given...
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

The Cup is a belter of a race. Tab.com went up $7 Vultin Tin.

Beauty!
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Galactic Star ran a shocker. All honours to the Pacing Cup winner.
  • ciscocisco    805 posts
    Just a shout out to Tom Buchanan on The Trots WA twitter site interviewing the drivers. Well done on your work.

I know I am biased but Miracle Moose was huge!!
    Finished on the Moose thought he may have lobbed 1x3 early  but great run all the same..

VillageKid, cisco likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited March 2021
    cisco said:

Just a shout out to Tom Buchanan on The Trots WA twitter site interviewing the drivers. Well done on your work.

I know I am biased but Miracle Moose was huge!!
    He is flying mate, is he backing up in the Bunbury Cup on Friday?

And as for Vultan Tin what a great old campaigner he is and why we love the tough, durable standardbreds, congrats again to the Costello family.

cisco likes this post.

• ciscocisco    805 posts
    Not nominated VillageKid but fingers crossed he can keep being competitive!!

VillageKid likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    He is a nice horse is Moose....I daresay if the Bunbury Cup was 11 days away, he may have been a starter?

VillageKid, cisco likes this post.

Miracle Moose so consistent, have to be rapt Cisco. The dream showing up to the races knowing regardless of class of race or draw you are going to be competitive.

cisco, VillageKid likes this post.

Nearly 11.00 AM TABS been open now for hour and a half, first race GP 5 hrs away still no fixed odds up.
    Seriously !!!

VillageKid, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts
    Thats old news Freo D 

I mean Tabtouch- it needs a Sir Frank Packer type  ( who was 10 times more ruthless than Kerry ) to take it over - and put the biggest broom through the joint - especially fixed odds - and get rid of the hangers on 

And i would sell/close Racing Radio - id piiss that off - i mean honestly - and i mean honestly ( not because your a mate of someones) when did you last listen to a race on the radio - well i havent for years 

The replays are up within 15 minutes after the race - i want to watch the vision 

Its a changing world - why pay 2 blokes/people to read out the prices - no one listens to it - serious punters re $ aernt radio listeners - there are so many different way to watch the vision and be informed of the odds on offer 

Like ive said before TAB.cOM - have got brilliant race to race harness previews - you can click on at  your leisure - and in 1.5 minutes they will tell you everything - even recent trial form 

Who actually these days - listens to 2 parrotts reading out dividends 

Tab touch need to get in the modern world .

freodockers, Johnny7 likes this post.

Probably the only thing we would argue over Marko is who could get the biggest Broom
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    317 posts
    Markovina said:

Thats old news Freo D 

I mean Tabtouch- it needs a Sir Frank Packer type  ( who was 10 times more ruthless than Kerry ) to take it over - and put the biggest broom through the joint - especially fixed odds - and get rid of the hangers on 

And i would sell/close Racing Radio - id piiss that off - i mean honestly - and i mean honestly ( not because your a mate of someones) when did you last listen to a race on the radio - well i havent for years 

The replays are up within 15 minutes after the race - i want to watch the vision 

Its a changing world - why pay 2 blokes/people to read out the prices - no one listens to it - serious punters re $ aernt radio listeners - there are so many different way to watch the vision and be informed of the odds on offer 

Like ive said before TAB.cOM - have got brilliant race to race harness previews - you can click on at  your leisure - and in 1.5 minutes they will tell you everything - even recent trial form 

I drive all day. I need a radio to listen to racing, like many others. We all can't sit on our **** and watch racing. Some of us are on the road.

Gilgamesh, VillageKid, oldhendo likes this post.

JimmyPop said:

Markovina said:

Thats old news Freo D 

I drive all day. I need a radio to listen to racing, like many others. We all can't sit on our **** and watch racing. Some of us are on the road.

Second this, listen to many many many a race. Then replays after

VillageKid, JayJay likes this post.

Gilgamesh said:

JimmyPop said:

Markovina said:

Thats old news Freo D 

The name of the game is to get  people to bet - turnover is the key principle 

The 2 on Racing radio at anytime - when have they "ever " said - look this upcoming race - this thing has got a sensational chance - ran a great trial etc etc - or whatever genuine reason their is to back a certain horse or greyhound - like Jason Lincoln and Brittany Graham do - re the Dogs and Trots on SkY  Channel 

Who cares about reading out dividends - give some race to race tips - punters hear that - they bet 

Markovina said:

Gilgamesh said:

JimmyPop said:

Markovina said:

Thats old news Freo D 

The name of the game is to get  people to bet - turnover is the key principle 

The 2 on Racing radio at anytime - when have they "ever " said - look this upcoming race - this thing has got a sensational chance - ran a great trial etc etc - or whatever genuine reason their is to back a certain horse or greyhound - like Jason Lincoln and Brittany Graham do - re the Dogs and Trots on SkY  Channel 

Who cares about reading out dividends - give some race to race tips - punters hear that - they bet 

Yeah I can see why some may want a different presentation. The Saturday coverage via the radio is pretty good though marko, I would rather listen to that coverage and just watch the races than most of the other coverage with the exception of Lizzy Jelfs and Jayne Ivil who both do a great job from the yard. That is obviously from a gallops point of view. Can easily listen to that coverage and work away all day.

You are right though if Im driving down South or something or happen to be working on a friday night I will tend to only tune in for the GP or Country trot race and then tune back out. I will say though if it happens to be that I am listening to the races I tend to already have my bets on and am just grateful for the coverage, im not going to be swayed by someone spruiking their opinions.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Was that Dibaba winning untouched at Penrith over 2125 by 20 mts?

I thought people on this thread said it was only any good over a mile?
  • JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    Not really a question, was it? Purely rhetorical Minister, purely rhetorical. But yes, it was, his NR is now 37 racing in an up NR 47 race......one of 4 ex WA horses in the race. Trainer has him going well and he will continue to be very placed, yet another beneficiary of the pointless "Narrow gauge versus Standard gauge" situation that held back the country for years and years. Great isnt it?
    All these exWA pacers racing in NSW - just out of interest what would it cost to road transport them to over East - stable to stable - at a guess $1500

Dibaba is 4 from 4 and 20k in stakemoney since going over their - what would have it sold for about 10k tops 
    AbbysAce said:

Was that Dibaba winning untouched at Penrith over 2125 by 20 mts?

I thought people on this thread said it was only any good over a mile?
    Mate - some in my opinion rather ignorantly blame everything on the handicapping differences 

However you have to look at it a bit fairer and deeper - to find the differences 

Have the horses improved over their -  maybe some of them might have 

But one massive difference is Luke McCarthy ( who absolutely dominates ) - well Belinda now - and previously Craig Cross - Luke is only interested in Menangle - Sat and midweek - he leaves Penrith totally alone and basically all NSW country meetings  alone - Anthony Butt was the same - had the same philosphy 

Now just imagine Hall Bond Oliverri Howlett etc did the same over here  - said - we are only interested in racing at GP Frid and Tues  nights- and none of our horses will race at country WA tracks 

Well guess what - horses of the ilk of Dibaba would find it a hell of alot easier  to win a race in WA under those circumstances - and conversely if McCarthy and a few others plundered the NSW country/regional scene with their horses - then a horse like Dibaba would find it alot more difficult than at present to win over their 

But the ignoramuses  blame it all on the handicapping 

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    3 of Dibaba's 4 wins in NSW have been over a mile approx. I think the statement was that the horse is better suited over shorter trips rather than hopeless over longer.  
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts

3 of Dibaba's 4 wins in NSW have been over a mile approx. I think the statement was that the horse is better suited over shorter trips rather than hopeless over longer.  

Its not going too bad for a horse that hasn't won in its last 58 WA starts.

curmudgeon likes this post.

The best horse from humble beginnings  was The Mittagong Mauler  Steel Jaw  seen him at G.P. first 11 starts  two thirds and fell at his last start at wangaratta----then. N.Lang got him  to train. Then won his first 15 straight  then ran third to Gammalite ,Wiilladois  after getting outta his of box the night before.bloated on grass

Then ran very unlucky second to popular alm. losing his very heavily weighted hind shoe. in the run. which made horrible to drive, Then next start got tipped out after W.A horse smooth Dave fell.in front of him

Then went N.Z Won the trotting cup by 20 metres plus another win, To W.A. won heat of pacing cup. Then broke down in final never raced again  what a four months of racing for a new trainer& driver.

His the best improvement i have witnessed.
    Bob Pollock STG ???
    Sorry misinterpreted thought he raced here.
    edited March 2021
    Not sure who had him in victoria before Norm Lang got him but he trained and drove him for the four months from sydney base ---. Was a very bad crossfiring  horse..prior. 
    Odds on look on they say, plenty of looking on at GP tonight
    Agree Gilga.
    Race 2 some value Rebel WA Grin or Disco U Fire.
    Don’t often bet quaddie but gone 1,3& 4 to the blue and gold with the afore mentioned in the second.
    Might get $15.00 but fark me hard way to earn a dollar.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

R Patternoster listed as driver STG.
    Full sister to Steel Jaw produced Lord Greystoke $230.0 k in stakes.
    Good money back then.