G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 12 Non Members

Bunbury Cup & Stakes Day 6-3-21

West Australian Racing
GoddGodd    199 posts
R1- last chance for JONO in a not very interesting race for mine.
R2-leaning towards LADIES OF LONDON but tough little race.
R3-winning for is good form, going for 4 on the trot HOT ZED best each way #1
R4-the class horse in the race GEMMAS SON, dropping back to the 1000m interesting but I’m happy to have a crack at the $3
R5-I’ll stick with WEAPONSON forms great should be in the money again.
R6-best bet class prevails here KISSONALLFOURCHEEKS.
R7-10/10 ride last start by the pontiff, from 1 gets a lovely run, AMELIAS CONTRAIRE should be there abouts.
R8-drawn terrible again but I’ll stick with SAMIZDAT he deserves one of these. Each way price aswell.
R9-I’m going for some value in this and THE BIG SHOW strikes my fancy here, liked its first up run, was average 2nd up as he seems to always be , 3rd up stats are good drops some weight, drawn good. best each way #2 for the day
R10-throw at the dartboard ( I don’t like this race) landed on RIVALRY GALORE...
+1 -1

H-BOMBER, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Best for me are Triple Missile ($2.50) and Montelena ($1.75) in races 6 and 9.

Best each way are Race 2 Chief Archer ($8.50) and Race 8 Western Temple ($10)

A bit of value around all day

Fair Grace
    Chief Archer
    Hot Zed
    Excellent Dream
    Absolute
    Triple Missile
    Amelia's Contraire
    Western Temple
    Montelena
    Reliable Star

Good luck all

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Just the one, so better be a good one. Race 4 on the seven day backup, mainly for the place the consistent Plutocracy.

Ridersonthestorm33 dislikes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    R4 Jericho Missile fresh is my best bet. Mrs Brown's Boy can run home strongly for the novelties.
    R9 Utgard Loki the each way special

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited March 2021
    Slightly wary of the prevailing track conditions, will look on for the first few average races.

I agree with you H Excellent Dream should be winning R4 Ponty to stalk the speed and go bang.

R5 Crystal Spirit appeals to me, liked his trial he was put under a bit of riding as he was well back and finished off really well..If donger gets the luck he will finish resolutely.Was ok last prep especially first up when off a 21 month absence.

I rate Triple Missile but i think the toppie will stalk and can run over him late, small field hopefully negates the wide gate Parnham can be 1 out and even 4 back(ffs do not get planted)and still win based on her Le Steere run.Beware Magical Dream who could roll them both from the inside gate her 2 losses beyond 1200 she drew wide in top company wouldnt be $6 if Pikey was steering, so Carbs can maybe stick one up the knockers here :D

If the track improves a bit Living The Dream can run well again, has some weight today after 2 wins and a sticky gate but with decent luck he can be right there, dont think they will lead but cover is imperative.

Blinkers on Son Of A God ..yes their a big positive, he can turn the tables on the rivals from last start.

Few journey gallopers in the Cup this year jeezus.I give a definite chance to Trap For Fools in an even to average looking cup field bar the favourite, he smoked a better field in December with 62 can run a bold race again and surely at least runs a drum if at his best.

• silkysilky    342 posts
    edited March 2021
    Son of a god in the stakes
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Blinkers on
  • SeagullSeagull    39 posts
    edited March 2021
    Ladies of London, Vadette De Star, Absolute (best bet), Kissonallforcheeks, Son Of A God, Fa’lion Maschine, Reliable Star.

Good punting <:-P
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    Race 4 - Excellent Dream. Continues to improve and today will silence the critics once and for all.

Race 6 - Island Charm to give the top 3 a run for their money.

Race 8 - The always at double figure odds, Cryptic Love can win again.

I think The Big Show is right in the Cup, nice draw, no weight and better for the 2 runs back, E/W chance all day.
    Soft 5 track be beautiful, bumped into some blokes at Northampton last Saturday(one whom is one of the owners of Mycroft)who will be down there today betting their asses off as Bunno cup day became the plan B seasonal racing trip.Have a good one Jim and co ;)
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Jono the forgotten maiden
    edited March 2021
    Nev ends up with a few with like him doesn't he...i thought maybe Cotchin improves today but not a confident betting race really.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    don't forget there are a few 1st timer blinkers in the stakes....including samizdat... :-B

weakest bunbury cup EVER!!

Thunderstruck likes this post.

R8 Would like to see Cryptic Love win it but I also like Silentz but my main choice is Arctic Stream who can finish over the top of them
    Have to watch it again as i missed the jump but i noticed Iseered Iseered well back after leading them up in stronger grade last time.... :-? No bet thankfully BUT looked to be handed to the one at $14 fixed...
    Hot Zed continues to go around at odds \:D/
    edited March 2021
    oops ranted in wrong thread, well done for knowing they wouldn't try behind the winner.
    Hats off to Daniel Morton has this gun filly still firing has been up since mid October but has spaced her racing in december/jan and she records her 4th win in some style.
    kissonallforcheeks.....strange name, if there was a "u" in "for"..you could figure it out, the 2 cheeks on your face and the 2 we sit on...
    i know he's drawn 14 but i'm sticking with samizdat. i've looked at his pinjarra run and reckon its was ripper opener for this. time will tell...
    edited March 2021
    Plutocracy great run today, never went a foot..but getting off the subject not wrong about Hot Zed how many of them have a form line of 2,2,1,1,1 and go around at SP of $14.

thefalcon likes this post.

edited March 2021
    Interesting runner Dig Deep he’s a big game player, going for a Karrakatta Plate and Bunbury Stakes double. Could be the forgotten horse here!
    edited March 2021
    Well done bomber and slip bloody nice long shot quinella selected there!
    Wasn’t too bad Dig Deep settled along way back, a bit crowded over concluding stages ran on ok.

Quinella only a lazy $350 :-O exacta on the other hand several dollars less.

Thunderstruck, H-BOMBER, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    11 out 19 in the ring winner of the stakes WA racing she  goes good.

Thunderstruck, H-BOMBER likes this post.

• VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    Well done bomber....

11 out 19 in the ring winner of the stakes WA racing she  goes good.

for once i agree with ya if their our best 1300/1400 sprint options then we're not going that great, Clearly not due to a number being over east but the second stringers are getting owned by journey horses and it won clearly too  :\">
    :D
    MEEOOWWW  :-q

detonator likes this post.

edited March 2021

Well done bomber and slip bloody nice long shot quinella selected there!  Quinella only a lazy $350 :-O 

That paid very well god bless them. Good teamwork Bomber  \:D/

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Fair old day on the James Blunt
    Or on the Helen Hunt..... There's a thought.  

Well played.