G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 19 Non Members

6 West Aussie hoops in G1 William Reid at the Valley

East Coast Racing
I count 6 of the 12 runners in the Group One tonight to be ridden by West Aussies. Would this be the most ever in an eastern states group one?

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Oliver, Chris and Brad Parnham,  Lane, Pike

who is the 6th?

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    zarah..?
    ? i dunno who else is Ex from the West Falc..
    i think mark z. is a sandgroper...
    ok.Did you see the Wizard falc? one of his best for team Hawkes.

thefalcon likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Just saw the replay, forgot about the race...what a ride. Threaded the eye of the needle

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

edited March 2021
    H-BOMBER said:

Just saw the replay, forgot about the race...what a ride. Threaded the eye of the needle

Indeed, the horse exploded too, hype finally confirmed for this galloper that was super impressive as they missed the kick also.
    Have a look at the Pikey post race interview H, Wayne Hawkes makes an appearance near the end great advertisement for racing them two.
    :D
    i'll bet he gets very lucrative offers to move to the east coast. but i think he is a home boy at heart, loves his acreage and the life it provides for his wife and kiddies.
    probably happy to duck across for the carnivals..if its ok with Bob.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Yep i think most agree he would be a big hit over there, but he is happy where he is has young kids so why bother when the current arrangement is working so well(subject to covid remaining at bay).
    Only problem being encountered is the shitehouse luck Bob is having with a few of his stars.
    Ends up equal with Currie on 4 group 1's in Victoria for the season and he gifted one on Arcadia Queen to Luke otherwise would be the clear winner with 5.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited March 2021
    Just saw replay too @thunder see what you mean. Horse and jockey hand in hand there, both fearless!

william pike, i doffs me hat. you would be close to the best rider in aust.
    enjoy your birthday..you've got your presents...
    $-)

• VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    Breaking News........Wayne Hawkes arrested for kidnapping....W Pike missing .....geez he loves our William does Wayne.

thefalcon, Thunderstruck, Manchild likes this post.

^^ i don't blame , cop the wizz's rides in the billy reid and the m/ton cup....is genius a too stronger word.?

detonator likes this post.

Not only Wayne, i think everyone in the racing fraternity over there love him too(probably is giving a few jocks the shites winning so much lol).
    He is very good but likeable and still unassuming/humble, great to see his name up in lights flashing bright..the good thing is he doesn't crave that but just takes it in his stride.
    Loved the post rade interview friday night..Hawkesy barrels in and reiterates "he is not going home Mr Peters" :))

Well falc even the good ones have a patch where they seem to be riding out of this world and super confident, he is in one atm and i guess riding more winners there and the admiration he gets all help.

oldhendo, thefalcon likes this post.