G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Fabergino to Waller

West Australian Racing

Comments

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    H.Bomber your right the owners can do as they please---theres a chance the horse might finish up racing in front of family & friends  in U.K.would be the driving force..Not unsual for horse people & others to feel the hurt--more-so knowing this may well be Tiarna's once in a lifetime horse slipping through..her fingers when maybe it still has something more  to offer.

Every rule has been broken regards training methods--but am on the side that for every ten highly strung mares-----  seven are best suited being trained from a rural environment,

Sunline spent hours looking at mirror , at times hand held,-----which helped her deal with box issues.

3-4 Years ago strong rumour Grant wasn't happy with the daily rate bob was paying---and Bob said he would look into it--then come back  with you are getting  400-500k, in percentages a year. ----------thats five Fabergino's a year  re 10%--- what the greymare has earn't in her lifetime. so no comparison.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    STG, why choose Waller then, for the UK trip. He was all for not travelling with WINX. Why choose him.
    I would have thought Moody who has done it all before. With success.

Me personally, I hope the horse stays fit and healthy. But i hope i doesn't win another race for them.

>-)

thefalcon, savethegame likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    jum said:

STG, why choose Waller then, for the UK trip. He was all for not travelling with WINX. Why choose him.

Me personally, I hope the horse stays fit and healthy. But i hope i doesn't win another race for them.

>-)

If you can’t beat em join em
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    yes jum, moody over waller, i think he is a rural environment, the poor girl will just be given a numbered box in a barn....

savethegame, jum likes this post.

jum said:

JUM  - Waller IMO His a few miles away from being my choice---The individual horses makeup would be the biggest factor regards travelling a successful  horse,  to get from  A.to B. as  general rule would be in the hands  of vets. to make the calls.

Vandyke ass./trainer Dr. Micheal Robinson would be a good one his worked with Black Cavier,Kingston town, Betterloosen-Up Shogun lodge, Manikato ,Super Impose, Makybe Diva Red anchor.

Out side B.C.

Janiak T/over Target------ Perry---- -Choisir------Morton-----Scenic Blast.------Freedman ----   Miss Andretti--- not sure even without anything going wrong would Fabergino  be anymore then a flukers hope.

Recalled  hearing  Andreas  Wohler the trainer of protectionst melb. cup winner. had trained a group 1 winner in six different countries----Waller might ask him for a tip.---- mate we got  similar names.

jum likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited March 2021
    Better to have one woman on your side than ten men. A true saying that one. Go Tiarnna!
  • Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    Tiarrna just started one at the Picnics at Woolamai, a former Durrant horse Got You Covered, had 2 starts in WA 6/7 at Moora and 7/11 at Gero. Got the bickies at $11 thank you very much, Maybe the connections of Fabergino might consider sending a few over to the Vic stable  \m/
    Fabergino trialed at rosehill this morning on Heavy 8 was in cruise control use of ear muffs pre -race   has been added to gear list. The ex french horse  Zeyrek same trial maybe there first tues day in nov.
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Interesting trial for Fabergino today, not the result but more she even had it.  Tiarrna as we know got the best out of her by keeping her fresh, could this tip her over before the galaxy?  Think I’d back the trainer who knows the horse over the one who’s fitting her into his operation. 
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Isn't she a wet track duffer though anyway? Probably agree re the knowledge of Tiarnna over teh new guy but without looking i thought wet tracks were a problem..i may be wrong.
    Wouldn't have hurt though to trial as she is going the reverse way for the first time.
    Checked her wet form she is placed twice from 3 soft runs, last bit will be a test as it's likely to be fairly wet at Rosehill..

Piston_Broke likes this post.

don't forget we may have arcadia queen going around on the same day...and a few sandgropers going around in melbourne.
    houston we have a problem..AQ won't run i don't think as it's going to be too wet ffs ;(
    could be a disaster over there on Saturday.
    There predicting up to 50mm on the day in Sydney with 30mm Friday.  Would have to be pretty bad to call off the slipper but surely no track can handle 80mm in 24hours 
    Scratch that I hadn’t checked the latest on the Bom.  Up to 100mm Saturday, with potentially 80mm Friday.  This meeting is in grave danger
    :( yep hate to even talk about it as i have 2 all in bets live but it looks in deep shitski if they get the rain that's forecast
    i'll ring a few sydney mates late tomorrow...watch this space...
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    edited March 2021
    Plenty of rain next 2 days. About 20mm on race morning and another 16mm from 11am through the meeting.
     This huge area of rain is headed south-west.

PNG
    PNG
    rain.PNG
    X_X 8-X
  • tonytony    2,361 posts

houston we have a problem..AQ won't run i don't think as it's going to be too wet ffs ;(

could be a disaster over there on Saturday.
    AQ now scratched
    Rosehill about to cop it.

png
    png
    rh2.png
    what a bummer, thanks for the updates though.
    from what i hear about the weather i would not be surprised if its off...
    38mm so far today at Homebush which is the closest recordings that I can see.  Today’s was supposed to be the lowest levels.  Surely the chances of this being run on Monday is $1.10 and firming 
    FFS.Although would be better than racing on a heavy 12.5...
    Slipper meeting postponed.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Can Arcadia Queen be reinstated to the George Ryder
    Rodent said:

Slipper meeting postponed.

edited March 2021
    Whole carnival pushed back 1 week, Slipper day is now on next Saturday...

Dunno re AQ but I would think maybe they can do.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    All races except the Slipper will have entries reopened.

Slipper field and barrier draw remains as is.
    They are still predicting heavy ground next saturday too, more rain tomorrow, monday and tuesday at least and significant amounts were quoted.