G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members

If Pont got suspended....

West Australian Racing
I noticed McGruddy sat up on Classic Rogue in the 1st race at Ascot. It was beaten a nose for 4th. Will the stewards be consistent?
+1 -1

Thunderstruck, Manchild likes this post.

Comments

• SullsterSullster Posts: 1
    Pontif suspension was rough they reprimanded him for whip rule breach in the same breath on a 25-1 pop ridiculous 20 days he will win the appeal.

detonator likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    mcgruddy "reminded of his obligations" but there were certain circumstances according to the stewards.
    the stewards should have an inquiry into their own inconsistencies.....
    :-B

bookielover likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    Rodent said:

I noticed McGruddy sat up on Classic Rogue in the 1st race at Ascot. It was beaten a nose for 4th. Will the stewards be consistent?

Mentioned but only a reprimand as Classic Rogue was "racing tightly" and had bumped with another runner

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    If Stewards around Australia,gave jockeys three months for not riding a horse out every single time it happened, it would go a long way to prevent it happening.

Yes, the jocks would appeal, and probably have their suspension reduced or even wiped, but if the stewards all got together and did it, it would make a huge difference to punters pockets, with jockeys being worried about getting rubbed out. 

I missed a big trifecta years ago, because a jockey at Flemington, didn't ride his horse out and got nutted for third. He was an apprentice whose name, I have forgotten because he's faded into obscurity, but it was around 2004.

50/1 33/1 and 80/1 were my selections. Horse which ran third was 16/1. Tri paid over 24,000 in a 126,000 pool. Would have paid at least double that.
    :(( :((

JimmyPop likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I'm glad Dashing Dan kept riding the race leader Brigalow all the way to the line as it faded into 4th place. It would have cost me a fortune otherwise.
     The quartet paid north of $183,000 (there were no flexis in Perth back then). I held the only winning ticket and it was for 50cents $-)

PNG
    PNG
    brig.PNG
    50 cents Rodent? i thought you were a dasher ;)
    Got the lot for 50c so wouldn't have got any more if I'd had it for $50!
     I may have had a little over 1000 combinations at 50c each.......

bookielover likes this post.

Nowadays, with the ability to take a percentage, and declaring divis for a dollar, you would have got half and half would have jackpotted.

Or am I wrong again.
    :-?
    edited March 2021

Nowadays, with the ability to take a percentage, and declaring divis for a dollar, you would have got half and half would have jackpotted.

Or am I wrong again.
    :-?
    You are wrong. 50% is enough to get the lot. If I had it for 25% I would have got half and half would have jackpotted.
     When flexis came in they didn't want people who only had 1% getting the lot. They were ok with 50c getting the lot as that's how it was pre flexi.

sonny, bookielover likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Paul Harvey suspension stands. His appeal this arvo was thrown out

thefalcon dislikes this post.