AFL 2021

Sport

Comments

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    edited March 2021
    I think spinKing is taking the Pish.

=)) =))
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    He will be available towards the end of August . Whic is around the end of the regular season . dont know if the eagles will opt to go into a finals series with someone who has been out of the game for that long.Match fitness and all the variables will come into play. But the bloke has the X factor so who knows. Just glad to see him back

detonator likes this post.

I would be **** if i played all season to be replaced in the finals by a drug cheat who has not played a game all year, You will see little Willie in 2022.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Was tempted to take the “drug cheat” bait Oldhendo but I won’t. (Josh Thomas, Lachie Keefe) 
    Willie has officially 6 months including two of those with his team mates to get fitness.
    Elliott Yeo has not kicked a ball since September last year but their talking may not get up for round 1 ?
    X factor players are just that...X factor. He will play the first game when available. 100%.
    And I will be there to cheer him on.

Ngawyni, spinking likes this post.

Unusually very wise of you not to go along the drug path with your clubs history, good luck if you want to celebrate a repeat drug cheat.
    dont think you should be saying anything about a clubs history whith whats gone down at your club recently Hendo

edited March 2021
    oldhendo said:

oldhendo likes this post.

edited March 2021
    detonator said:

oldhendo said:

oldhendo said:

Unusually very wise of you not to go along the drug path with your clubs history, good luck if you want to celebrate a repeat drug cheat.

All Willie had in his system was a trace of Gods natural herb.
    Unlike your blokes who had lab manufactured chemicals.
    Just as well they didn’t test the other twelve Colliewobble players at the same party otherwise you would not have been able to field a team.
    But hey in the words of Eddie (who calls out every other teams blemishes and then says) “let’s not rake over old coals” haha. Let’s deal with the current issues at Collingwood. Marital scandals and RACISM. 
    Bucks won’t see out the season. 

:-B
    Ha, same old form lad. Stick your head in the sand and then shine the spotlight on another team.
    Head in the sand ??? Since the announcement about Willie my head has been in the clouds.
    I have pencilled round 23 in my calendar because the “X” factor is back.
    Oh and I don’t think you need to worry about my spotlight on your mob. I reckon the whole AFL world will be shining their spotties on your club. I will give Bucks till round 12 and hopefully you will get “Ross the Boss” as the next coach. Now that would be sweet.
    Footys Back !!!  
    :D

Manchild likes this post.

Another one of yours in the press today for you to hero worship.

[-X

SKIDS likes this post.

edited March 2021
    oldhendo said:

Another one of yours in the press today for you to hero worship.

Haha. Perfect timing Oldhendo. Pay that one. 
    I do not condone domestic violence.

[-X

oldhendo likes this post.

edited March 2021
    Well done Deto, it makes my heart swell that you can see the bigger picture than just the ball.

=D>

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    Going to be an interesting season.
    Back to longer quarters, less (75) interchanges and the new man on the mark rule.

Having Grundy fit will be like having a pretty handy new recruit. Elliot, JDG & Daicos spending more time in the middle and crowds back at the G is going to be sensational.
    Any markets on who will take the mark of the year ?
    Liam Ryan would be evens I reckon.
    :x
    Good ol Collingwood forever. Thanks for putting me one behind in the footy tipping already.
    Should have really accounted for their soft underbelly and picked bulldogs. Oh well. 
    X(

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Based on what I've seen today the Weagles will struggle to win a game this season. Massive amount of speed in all games and that is something the Weagles have not had for a few seasons!!!

Good observation Rio. I was thinking the same thing after watching a few games. Ball was moving around at pace and lots of players gasping for air.
    Turning the ball over and you are done going the other way. Our leg speed may be an issue particularly early until teams settle down.
    The attrition rate may force teams to be more conservative as the season goes on.
    Hitting targets will be critical which I reckon we do that pretty well so let’s see how it plays out.
    :-?

RIO likes this post.

Don't know about speed but run in the last quarter got the Eagles over the line good game. Hope the young GC player that went down with a knee in the first quarter isn't as bad as thought. He plays good

cisco, RIO likes this post.

How good was the handball out of the middle “from the best hand baller in the league” Nic Naitanui to set up the 2nd goal of the game to Darling.
    That part of his game is elite. 
    =D>
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    spinking said:

Don't know about speed but run in the last quarter got the Eagles over the line good game. Hope the young GC player that went down with a knee in the first quarter isn't as bad as thought. He plays good

Yep, good to see them stick it out and get over top of an enthusiastic team. The endurance of Gaff in the last term, allowed them to keep on keeping on. I'd be guessing that is close to their game plan for the majority of the season.

If Dom can improve his disposal and the impact players like Nic Nat, Flying Ryan, Petrocelli (poor game). Cripps and a few others can stay fit finals look a shoo in.. Fingers crossed

spinking likes this post.

As you siad just like berger paints. They have invested a lot of time into Petrocelli apart from his abundance of speed he unfourtunatly has not lived up to the hipe surrounding him early days. The 3 big men forward line seemed to work well on the weekend but some of the better teams in the comp will man up a lot better on that system hope it keeps working. Not much more can be said about thje little fella Liam Ryan bloke has taken his game to another postcode towards the middle half of last year. And they reckon the younger Ryan was killing it inthe Geraldton league last year look out. and Kelly showed why the money was paid again on the weekend. how was that bloke overlooked by all AFL clubs in 4 drafts or something like that
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Spink the reason they miss or overlook the likes of Kelly, Pickett, Broad etc over many drafts is because the recruiters have only been interested in Colts football for some time.
    I dont know how many times I have seen the recruiters for EVERY AFL CLUB straight after the Colts game has finished pack up their chair in the outer, put their notes or laptops away and walk straight out the gate without even having a look at the League game where some of those successful mature aged players named above are playing!

RIO, spinking, Manchild likes this post.

Understand what your saying VK . But surely the Eagles and Freo should have seen what Kelly was doing at SF . Is it there reluctance to go with a player of his caliber due to their age only?
    Hometown decisions in the last qtr tonight.

JayJay, spinking, Manchild, oldhendo likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    Blivacs was deadset holding the pill, incorrect disposal, call it what you like. Spineless non decision, absolute disgrace.

detonator, spinking, VillageKid, Manchild likes this post.

Deplorable non decision that cost them the game. Umpire should have his match payment suspended and sent back to umpiring VFL for a month

detonator, oldhendo likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited March 2021
    JayJay said:

Blivacs was deadset holding the pill, incorrect disposal, call it what you like. Spineless non decision, absolute disgrace.

JJ you were absolutely robbed by the most inept umpire.
    That was as close to the most blatant holding the ball decision you would ever see, but because it was virtually in the goal square, 10 seconds left & Geelong just in front the pathetic whistleblower refused to pay it!

• JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    One of several forgettable moments .....Rowan's round arm on Neale from behind him has little to recommend it.....and slick back, grey beard John Travolta lookalike coach Scott also a poor look at quarter time with players pulling him away. He, of the intimidating glare, will eventually grow up I suppose.
    That said, Brisbane had their chances, a game doesn't come down to one decision but the Blivacs call was a total opt out and was very poor.

Manchild, detonator likes this post.